Could any program compete with your "All Time" Husker team?

dvdcrr

A buddy and I were talking about the all time Husker greats, and if you could build a team with the best at each position. Who would you put at first and second team for each spot? We discussed QB's RB's and defense. When you had this team put together, could any other program in the history of College football compete with the Huskers? I threw out there that to me there would only be a few programs able to fill the spots and compete. Maybe Alabama, Oklahoma, and LSU historically. I can't think of any other programs who would have had the horses in the modern era. What do you think?

I thought about this earlier this season, and I would put an all-time Nebraska team up against anyone's. It all starts up front, and we would have OUTLAND and HEISMAN trophy winners that wouldn't even be first string. While the Miami's, USC's, Oklahoma's, Alabama's, Ohio St's, and maybe Notre Dame's would be formidable, I like our chances.

• Fire 1

The important thing is "college football" without considering their pro careers. Tommie Frazier is one of the all-time great "college" QBs, but so many people would want to throw in a guy like Tom Brady. A guy like Aaron Taylor won multiple college awards, but never made it in the pros.

Could we have the "not in trouble" Phillips as a backup RB?