'Im not santa clause but i got a present for you.........'-Carl Pelini

irieboy8

The defense played well, but Michigan State did not play well at all. After rewatching the game online, it was evident that Urban Meyer and the other announcers didn't think Michigan State brought a good gameplan to the table. I hate to take away anything that the Blackshirts did, but expect the Wolverines to put up a better fight than the Spartans. They were worn out from Wiscy and we had plenty of rest from Minnesota. Again, we improved overall as a football team, but I still don't know if we're "back" on that side of the football.

The defense played well, but Michigan State did not play well at all. After rewatching the game online, it was evident that Urban Meyer and the other announcers didn't think Michigan State brought a good gameplan to the table. I hate to take away anything that the Blackshirts did, but expect the Wolverines to put up a better fight than the Spartans. They were worn out from Wiscy and we had plenty of rest from Minnesota. Again, we improved overall as a football team, but I still don't know if we're "back" on that side of the football.

It is like Mike Tyson said, everyone has a good gameplan until they get punched in the mouth. MSU's gameplan was good, they did what they have all year, they tried running and they tried crossing routes. They just got punched in the mouth.

Its not like the were out there running QB's draws all game.

I gotta say congrats to the Huskers for playing their finest game this season so far. I ain't saying they were absolutely perfect, but they were fairly well balanced on both sides of the ball, and they seemed in control of it from start to finish for the most part. They beat a good Michigan State team, so I'm enjoying this win as a Husker fan.

That's a really well done highlight video.

The first half of the video is Dennard with the pass break up, batted down by Dennard, another pass defended by Dennard.

He was lights out yesterday. I can't remember the last time he played that well, or maybe I never noticed because other teams aren't dumb enough to throw at him every time.

It is like Mike Tyson said, everyone has a good gameplan until they get punched in the mouth. MSU's gameplan was good, they did what they have all year, they tried running and they tried crossing routes. They just got punched in the mouth.

Didn't you think it was weird that they didn't continue to run the ball against us? When they did they got somewhere but the minute they started passing they started to fail. It reminded me of the Wisconsin game. If we would've ran the ball the entire game, maybe we would've won?

Didn't you think it was weird that they didn't continue to run the ball against us? When they did they got somewhere but the minute they started passing they started to fail. It reminded me of the Wisconsin game. If we would've ran the ball the entire game, maybe we would've won?

Exactly. They should have been running right up the middle at us. We had 7 guys in the box, they had 8 guys to block us. I'm no genius, but i believe Sparty would have had an edge up the middle.

Also, not a lot of urgency at the end of the game. No hurry up in the 4th quarter at all. It seems as if they just gave up. Again, I loved our effort, but we didn't get Sparty's best shot.

Exactly. They should have been running right up the middle at us. We had 7 guys in the box, they had 8 guys to block us. I'm no genius, but i believe Sparty would have had an edge up the middle.

Also, not a lot of urgency at the end of the game. No hurry up in the 4th quarter at all. It seems as if they just gave up. Again, I loved our effort, but we didn't get Sparty's best shot.

You don't have that edge when the 2 gap is played right, which we did well most of the game yesterday. They quit running the ball because they were bad on first down so they needed passing to open up for better yardage on first down.

For B1G teams like MSU and tOSU they HAVE to win on first down. Much like Nebraska, can't be very successful with 2nd and 8 every drive.

Our run defense did enough to keep them honest. Even with 7 guys in the box...I didn't see them break it open for 10 yards when they ran down the middle. They ran it down the middle, sometimes they got 7, sometimes they got 9, most times they got 3-4. So I don't necessarily agree with the whole "We didn't get Sparty's best shot" opinion.

Our defense gave Sparty's defense little room for error, but I think a lot of people are forgetting the other side of the ball. Sparty's defense does its job, or Nebraska's offense doesn't do its job, we're off the field without points on a couple of drives and our defense doesn't get time to rest. Thus allowing Michigan State to score more than 3. We controlled the game in its entirety, from start to finish. We made Michigan State's defense look like just another defense.