The Walking Dead

OK...I had never watched this show. My son wanted to so we sat and watched it. I have to say, I don't get the draw to it.

The entire premise is odd. These people are scared to death of the zombies but in the episode I watched, all they had to do is thump them over the head with a rock and it killed them. So, why not just go thump them all over the head and be done?

You might want to like, you know, watch the show.

That'd probably help you understand the draw :P

Technically, he did what you are telling him.

OK...I had never watched this show. My son wanted to so we sat and watched it. I have to say, I don't get the draw to it.

The entire premise is odd. These people are scared to death of the zombies but in the episode I watched, all they had to do is thump them over the head with a rock and it killed them. So, why not just go thump them all over the head and be done?

You might want to like, you know, watch the show.

That'd probably help you understand the draw :P

Technically, he did what you are telling him.

I guess so but watching the finale of the third season probably isn't a good place to start.

My wife and I wish that the Governor would have somehow gotten killed in the finale. Nothing dumb like Carl shooting him in the face but getting maybe getting bit. We had that storyline for basically the entire season and I'm ready to move on from it.

I guess originally they were going to kill off a fan favorite (Daryl's the only fan favorite right?) in the finale, but the network wasn't having it.

Because everyone would stop watching if Daryl died.

Carl and Rick are straight up annoying at this point.

I'd like to see Glen continue to have more of a power role, and maybe Michonne as well.

Hate to say it, but I kind of miss the old guy who wanted to do things the right way and put it into perspective. That led to some interesting clashes.

• Fire 1

Easily the worst "season" or half season, thus far.

The finale didn't excite me at all, as to see what will happen in whenever the next season begins.

Thank god for game of thrones.

Season 2 was an entire snoozefest. Season 3 was....well, a major improvement.

I guess originally they were going to kill off a fan favorite (Daryl's the only fan favorite right?) in the finale, but the network wasn't having it.

I'd say the fan favorite characters are Daryl, Glen, Rick, and maybe Michonne

Could have been Glen. I thought they were kind of foreshadowing it on last week's episode. I would think Daryl and Rick would be the only two important enough for the network to step in though. Not that they should have much say anyways, in my opinion.

Easily the worst "season" or half season, thus far.

The finale didn't excite me at all, as to see what will happen in whenever the next season begins.

Thank god for game of thrones.

Season 2 was an entire snoozefest. Season 3 was....well, a major improvement.

Disagree. Personally, I liked the clashes within the group (Dale vs. everyone, Rick vs Shane, etc) and then the clashes between them and the farm people. I also loved what Dale brought to the table, which brought more "drama".

Anyway, season 3 finale just doesn't have me excited to see what begins season 4.

And the whole Randall issue.

I don't see how Season 2 was better. 6 episodes of looking for a girl in the woods. A few episodes arguing on a farm. OMG, there's a zombie down the well! And then some genuine excitement in the last few episodes.

What genuine excitement happened in the 2nd half of season 3? They talked a lot about a war... I mean a LOT. And then the Guvnah ran away. There was no resolution to anything, really.

I don't see how Season 2 was better. 6 episodes of looking for a girl in the woods. A few episodes arguing on a farm. OMG, there's a zombie down the well! And then some genuine excitement in the last few episodes.

What genuine excitement happened in the 2nd half of season 3? They talked a lot about a war... I mean a LOT. And then the Guvnah ran away. There was no resolution to anything, really.

I thought Merle's final stand was genuinely exciting.

I'd say the last few episodes of Season 2 and the first few episodes of Season 3 are the shows strongest run. But as a whole, Season 3 was much more consistent than Season 2. It had a run or two of some boring episodes and a disappointing finale, but even during the bad runs it hit back with a classic such as the episode featuring Morgan. There was never an extended stretch of monumental nothingness, like the majority of Season 2.

That being said, all three seasons are flawed to some extent.

I thought Merle's final stand was genuinely exciting.

I'd say the last few episodes of Season 2 and the first few episodes of Season 3 are the shows strongest run. But as a whole, Season 3 was much more consistent than season 2. It had a run or two of some boring episodes and a disappointing finale, but even during the bad runs it hit back with a classic such as the episode featuring Morgan. There was never an extended stretch of monumental nothingness, like the majority of Season 2.

That being said, all three seasons are flawed to some extent.

Agreed.

All a testament to how great the show is, imo. Great shows are shows that suck you in and that you love despite their flaws, because they all have them.

I guess it's just me. I actually found some excitement in season 2. Even the banter between them was more exciting than watching the governor plot some retarded plan to take the prison. I thought with his new "us or them" mantra action would pick up, but that didn't really happen either. I actually stopped watching for about a month because I got so incredibly bored with the show.. so, yeah.

I also think Rick is much more annoying this season as well. I think the development between him & shane was more entertaining than the storyline for this season.