The Walking Dead

• 2 months later...

Now that the 1st half of season 4 is finished and we await the second portion, what are everyones thoughs? I was pleasantly surprised with how they handled the Governor. They make you think hes turning a new leaf then BAM! Still a control freak sadist. Glad they gave him so much more depth than the comic did.

ThoSe who follow both comic and show can clearly see where the season is headed and Im pumped. They definitely wont get to the Negan portion until maybe season 5 but it couldnt possibly live up to the vulgar brrutality he unleashes in the graphic novels.

Now that the 1st half of season 4 is finished and we await the second portion, what are everyones thoughs? I was pleasantly surprised with how they handled the Governor. They make you think hes turning a new leaf then BAM! Still a control freak sadist. Glad they gave him so much more depth than the comic did.

ThoSe who follow both comic and show can clearly see where the season is headed and Im pumped. They definitely wont get to the Negan portion until maybe season 5 but it couldnt possibly live up to the vulgar brrutality he unleashes in the graphic novels.

I was fairly underwhelmed with the first half. If it weren't for the last 2 episodes, it would have been the worst half of any season IMO. My roommate has read all the comics so I kind of know what's going on in them to compare to the show. I feel like there are a lot of things that could be done better to keep you more on the edge of your seat. The show hasn't been the same since they got rid of Frank Darabont (huge mistake). It has just become way too slow for me. However, until I feel like it's complete trash, I will continue to watch it. Especially since there's basically nothing else on TV on Sunday nights.

Losing Frank no doubt hurt the product. But luckily there is enough source material to work with. If viwership goes down, unlikely, there are plot twists and shocking suspenseful moments coming up they can use to draw oeople back in. The graphic nature of the comic gets dilluted when translating to the show but I fell comfortable saying there are about to be some horrific events that unfold in the second half.

It's still a great show and still far, far better than almost anything else out there right now. Any problems I have with it are minor compared to awesomeness it keeps bringing each season.

My biggest complaint is it seems like they have to leave a cliff hanger every episode. Sometimes it is alright to let the audience think everything is fine before you crush their soul.

It's still a great show and still far, far better than almost anything else out there right now. Any problems I have with it are minor compared to awesomeness it keeps bringing each season.

My biggest complaint is it seems like they have to leave a cliff hanger every episode. Sometimes it is alright to let the audience think everything is fine before you crush their soul.

That's a major complaint of mine as well. It's like they're trying too hard to be like other tv shows that have had great success with it (Sons of Anarchy). It depends on the show whether or not it works well and works well often. I think Walking dead is one where it would work well once in awhile, but like I said, I think they are trying too hard to do it every episode and missing out on opportunities to make the episodes better b/c of that.

The comics are the same way. They did a better TV governor than the comics and that was because of the detail they were able to do through television.

If/when they get to Negan, theres no way to do the character justice. Total careless maniac with bae puns and a variety of ways todrop the f bomb. Plus the way he offs people makes you sick.

That's a major complaint of mine as well. It's like they're trying too hard to be like other tv shows that have had great success with it (Sons of Anarchy). It depends on the show whether or not it works well and works well often. I think Walking dead is one where it would work well once in awhile, but like I said, I think they are trying too hard to do it every episode and missing out on opportunities to make the episodes better b/c of that.

Most people I talk about the show(including myself) aren't happy with it, but continue to watch in hopes of it living up to its' potential. It has a core audience. We aren' t going anywhere. Gives solid episodes that have meaning and you won't have to have all these needless cliff hangers we all know won't happen. Then they have to step on toes to backpedal to an interesting move in the next episode.

The cliffhangers are good for not only making casual viewers feel obligated to tune in next week but also to reel in new viewers. They tend to overdue it but it usually pans out okay in the end so this doesnt really bug me. Another reason is if they give a solid concrete ending other than the main character of that episode dying it would be a lie. In the comic, issue 1 he explains how he wants to continue the story after the movies leave you with happy endings.