Nebraska--Boise State

Boise was asking for too much! Something like 1million to come to Lincoln. But wouldn't return the favor. It was like a one time thing in lincoln for a million. A home and home with them and not a million dollars and home and home plus a third game at a neutral site(Denver invesco) or another at Lincoln plus the million.

Boise was asking for too much! Something like 1million to come to Lincoln. But wouldn't return the favor. It was like a one time thing in lincoln for a million. A home and home with them and not a million dollars and home and home plus a third game at a neutral site(Denver invesco) or another at Lincoln plus the million.

We'd have to have a neutral site just to get all our fans into the stadium. There'd be a lot of Husker fans pissed off that the stadium's full when they got to Boise...

Here's the thing - nobody, and I mean nobody, pays that kind of money to another top-tier division one program to come and play them.

Would Nebraska pay Bama $1 million? LSU? Oregon? Or even lower tiers like TCU, BYU or Syracuse? Hell no. That kind of money is reserved for bottom feeders - guaranteed wins. BSU would not be a guaranteed win, and nobody in their right mind would pay that kind of money. BSU is in no position to request that kind of money to come and play us. The two for one deal was more than an adequate offer from a school that destroys BSU in terms of revenue, tradition and championships.

BSU is a better team than Nebraska at least to me, but they're not the "program" that is Nebraska nor are they deserving of the right to ask for bottom-feeder money yet demand national respect.

Is that how much VT or Georgia paid them?? Seems pretty steep to me, that kind of dough is reserved for down at the bottom programs.

Those were both neutral site games (Washington, DC and Atlanta) IIRC

So I'm guessing that they just split the revenue with no additional payments

Here's the thing - nobody, and I mean nobody, pays that kind of money to another top-tier division one program to come and play them.

Would Nebraska pay Bama $1 million? LSU? Oregon? Or even lower tiers like TCU, BYU or Syracuse? Hell no. That kind of money is reserved for bottom feeders - guaranteed wins. BSU would not be a guaranteed win, and nobody in their right mind would pay that kind of money. BSU is in no position to request that kind of money to come and play us. The two for one deal was more than an adequate offer from a school that destroys BSU in terms of revenue, tradition and championships.

BSU is a better team than Nebraska at least to me, but they're not the "program" that is Nebraska nor are they deserving of the right to ask for bottom-feeder money yet demand national respect.

Boise would get three nationally televised games, plus a marquee opponent at home.

Besides for Georgia and Oregon, who have they played out of conference?