Choi . . . where has he gone?

Do we rotate heavily on the OL? If so, it is very odd that we did not see Choi at guard. I don't really notice these things unless I listen to the radio, which is rare nowadays...

I think A-Rod has had some solid performances (supposedly) and thus earned his job back a few weeks ago. I am also curious, how much did Choi and Brandon Thompson play?

Slight head scratcher.... Choi definitely outplayed ARod - at least from a lay man's POV. ARod is okay but IMO has too many mental lapses and does not seem to go 100% all the time. I see him lolly gagging 1 too many times and not getting after it esp. when his main read is not there... To me Choi looked like pure $$$.

I guess it's that ole "practice" thing. Would love to hear Barney's explanation on this.

Speaking of OL whatever happened to Qvale? Dude was supposed to be the sh#t in 2011 :confucius. Sirles looks like he's going to be perennial back up type. Gives up too many sacks I guess...

Slight head scratcher.... Choi definitely outplayed ARod - at least from a lay man's POV. ARod is okay but IMO has too many mental lapses and does not seem to go 100% all the time. I see him lolly gagging 1 too many times and not getting after it esp. when his main read is not there... To me Choi looked like pure $$$.

I guess it's that ole "practice" thing. Would love to hear Barney's explanation on this.

Speaking of OL whatever happened to Qvale? Dude was supposed to be the sh#t in 2011 :confucius. Sirles looks like he's going to be perennial back up type. Gives up too many sacks I guess...

How do you figure Sirles is a perennial backup? Who on the roster is set to start ahead of him next year? Even if we sign Peat, a 4th year junior with a full year of starting experience would be favored to start over a 5 star true freshmen IMO

ARod did play well against Michigan State, probably his best game of the season. However, if you watch the replay, he consistently lines up back a foot or so compared to the other linemen when he's going to pull. The TV commentators noticed it and I'll be our future opponents will too! Barney and Stai and the other coaches need to get this corrected.

ARod did play well against Michigan State, probably his best game of the season. However, if you watch the replay, he consistently lines up back a foot or so compared to the other linemen when he's going to pull. The TV commentators noticed it and I'll be our future opponents will too! Barney and Stai and the other coaches need to get this corrected.

It is on purpose, I think, not an accident. They have plays designed to run off of that. That is just a guess but it something I have seen before.

There's already a thread about this and someone who rewatched the whole game said he always lines up like that regardless of whether or not he's pulling.

I thought A-Rod was put on his ass to many time Saturday and did whiff on some blocks that would have let us get some good gains. I still think he is our worse olineman and that Choi should be starting. It's nothing personal, just my thought.

You're either blind or have no understanding of the game of football.

There's already a thread about this and someone who rewatched the whole game said he always lines up like that regardless of whether or not he's pulling.

Yes, I started the thread about this. I too was worried when Spielman pointed it out, but then I watched the whole game and he consistently lines up there. I think he does it because it does make it easier for him to pull when he needs to, but when he always does it then the defense can't key on it. I don't believe it's a problem.