Jamal Turner not playing against MSU is just dumb....

The coaches do and have FLAT OUT LIED! lol. sheesh. No big deal man. I don't want to get into an argument about this. Please lol. No big deal man. It's my assumption and observation. I am not attacking the coaches in anyway and I have stated my position on how I feel about them. As you can see, I respect all the coaches and I am glad that we have the staff that we do currently have, I am just not completely convinced that they tell the public the truth all the time. If I was a coach and felt like certain issues didn't need to be truthfully disclosed to the public...I would lie a bit to protect my team, the program and my players. Simple as that.

If we have seen one flaw with this coaching staff it's that they want to play the top 22 and nobody else.

You have got to be kidding, right???

I meant the top 11 on O and the top 11 on D, with very few substitutions.

Nice post! I like the comedy bit where you suggested the coaching staff plays the top 11 on O and the top 11 on D, with very few substitutions. Hilarious!

And I honestly don't find anything wrong with that. I hope to see JT out there playing soon though. The kid IS AND HAS TALENT. I do not want to see it wasted.

Are you aware that there's an edit button on posts? You don't have to make four replies in a row.

He wants to rack up his post count.

And I honestly don't find anything wrong with that. I hope to see JT out there playing soon though. The kid IS AND HAS TALENT. I do not want to see it wasted.

Are you aware that there's an edit button on posts? You don't have to make four replies in a row.

this guys got it! the more posts, the more cooler i am!! WHOO HOO!!! :sarcasm

there is also 'multiquote', but i'm not one to micromanage.

I didn't know this. My bad. Thanks for letting me know though! ; P

I didn't know this. My bad. Thanks for letting me know though! ; P

obviously, it is no big deal. it took me awhile to figure it as well. much easier with the new format.

The whole premise of this thread is just dumb. As a coach, I hate when people without first-hand knowledge substitute their uninformed opinion for the choices the coaches make. Look, the coaches are there at practice with these guys every day. They are in meetings with these guys every day. Second guessing a coach's decision on playing time is just mental masturbation.

Why not just title the thread "My son should be the starting quarterback"? I get emails from parents questioning my coaching decisions all the time... "Why isn't my son playing more? He was on a select team in junior high!" It might be that I see your son in practice every day, and he just hasn't impressed me with his skills enough to take playing time away from other guys who are performing better.

As for Jammal "definitely scoring" on the play --- not so fast my friend. The Spartans might have reacted differently if Jammal had lined up wide and gone in motion. He might have been tackled for a loss, because the Spartan defense would be expecting Jammal to get the reverse. Marlowe in motion didn't raise a danger flag in the defense's mind, and that might have been the key factor in the play working.

Would Jamal have scored if he had done the end-around? Hard to say. I don't believe Turner is that much faster than Marlowe, who is an under-appreciated burner. Jamal looks like a more fluid runner out there, but the DB had the angle on Marlowe and that's why he got caught (same thing happened to BK against the Gophers). Turner may have given the DB some shake-n-bake and scored, but Marlowe did his job getting it down to the 1 yard line. From there the rest of the team should have been able to punch it in. That's on the playcalling and execution, not Marlowe.

Regardless, the "leading WR" on the team needs to be a lot more involved than just making cursory appearances.

The whole premise of this thread is just dumb. As a coach, I hate when people without first-hand knowledge substitute their uninformed opinion for the choices the coaches make. Look, the coaches are there at practice with these guys every day. They are in meetings with these guys every day. Second guessing a coach's decision on playing time is just mental masturbation.

Why not just title the thread "My son should be the starting quarterback"? I get emails from parents questioning my coaching decisions all the time... "Why isn't my son playing more? He was on a select team in junior high!" It might be that I see your son in practice every day, and he just hasn't impressed me with his skills enough to take playing time away from other guys who are performing better.

As for Jammal "definitely scoring" on the play --- not so fast my friend. The Spartans might have reacted differently if Jammal had lined up wide and gone in motion. He might have been tackled for a loss, because the Spartan defense would be expecting Jammal to get the reverse. Marlowe in motion didn't raise a danger flag in the defense's mind, and that might have been the key factor in the play working.

Would Jamal have scored if he had done the end-around? Hard to say. I don't believe Turner is that much faster than Marlowe, who is an under-appreciated burner. Jamal looks like a more fluid runner out there, but the DB had the angle on Marlowe and that's why he got caught (same thing happened to BK against the Gophers). Turner may have given the DB some shake-n-bake and scored, but Marlowe did his job getting it down to the 1 yard line. From there the rest of the team should have been able to punch it in. That's on the playcalling and execution, not Marlowe.

Regardless, the "leading WR" on the team needs to be a lot more involved than just making cursory appearances.

Not if he's going to drop the ball like he did on that sure touchdown pass against Minnesota. That kind of play could be the difference between a win and a loss against a better team.

Coach Fisher and Coach Beck laid out in very black and white terms why Jamal isn't seeing the field much. What's with the extra speculation?

yeah i thought that had something to do with it, about how in practice he did not remember all his assignments, and wasn't consistently lining up properly.

amirite?