Tebow haters

Living deep in the heart of SEC country and married to a die-hard 'Bama fan, I got so sick of Tebow during his years at Florida that I couldn't stand the sight or mention of the guy. He still annoys me, but at the rate things are going for him, he'll be a full time missionary in the Philippines before too long. Once he's invisibly trying to convert what he sees as the wrong kind of Xian (Catholics) to the "right" kind (whatever loopy flavor of fundamentalism he ascribes to), and isn't making a show of his beliefs every time a camera is pointed at him, I'll go back to not caring whether or not he exists.

Timmy had a 3.2 QBR rating worst ever, Russell could do better.

I'm not sure if that's a Comic Book Guy reference or you're serious, but that's far from the worst QB rating of all time. Several QBs (Rex Grossman most recently if I remember right) have finished a game that they were never benched in with a 0.0 passer rating. Earlier this season Luke McCown helped get Blaine Gabbert (damn dirty traitor but I have to root for him now) the starting job for the Jaguars by putting up a 1.8 against the Jets in week 2.

I hope that the Church of Tebow's finally starting to settle down. I have no ill will against Tim, but I got sick of all the idiots registering on the Jaguars message board during the offseason last year just to tell us that the Jags' GM would be a fool not to draft their Messiah in the 1st round. There were people from Jacksonville who literally started hating the Jaguars and became bandwagon Bronco fans just because the Broncos got duped into drafting him. It was nauseating, it really was.

Living in Denver, I'm absolutely sick to death of the guy. I'm a Packer fan, so I couldn't care less about the Donkeys anyway..... and I don't really give a rat's posterior about his beliefs or not.

I just think he's a mediocre player who has oodles of hype around him and won't ever be anything more than a journeyman player. Yeah, I guess if your competition was Kyle Orton, you'd look halfway decent too.

It's not "simply" because he's a Christian. It's because he's a douche about it, and his entitled attitude doesn't help. Loads of other players and coaches are Christians and aren't mocked for it. Ever wonder why he didn't ever wear Matt 6:5-8 on his eye black? Because it's more important to him to be seen as being righteous, than being righteous itself. Too many Xians have an out of whack persecution complex. Worry about persecution if we start feeding you to lions again.

• Fire 2

I really don't understand all this 'hate'. What has this young man ever done that was wrong. He's a winner and certainly a role model for all. Yes he can be a bit preechy but so what. If you want to hate somebody why not choose Mike Vick. Ofcourse he did say he did say he was 'Sorry,' sure sorry he got caught. If he hadn't got caught he'd still be killing dogs.

T_O_B

G>B>R

I really don't understand all this 'hate'. What has this young man ever done that was wrong. He's a winner and certainly a role model for all. Yes he can be a bit preechy but so what. If you want to hate somebody why not choose Mike Vick. Ofcourse he did say he did say he was 'Sorry,' sure sorry he got caught. If he hadn't got caught he'd still be killing dogs.

T_O_B

G>B>R

It's football "hate". When I say I hate someone in football I don't actually hate them...its a game! If they were broke down on the side of the road in a blizzard I'd still stop to help, but when they're playing football I "hate" them...its part of being a fan!

Vick on the otherhand is worthy of actual hate, I don't hate the guy for what he did but others do and I understand that, still don't agree with it but that's another thread entirely.

Yeah, I don't literally hate the guy, but I wouldn't want my kid looking to Tebow (or Vick) as a role model in any capacity other than as a competitor. I'd feel like I failed my job as a parent if my kids turned out anything like Tebow is off the field. Like I said before, once he's back to his private life, I will go on not caring whether or not he exists.