Tebow haters

He still annoys me, but at the rate things are going for him, he'll be a full time missionary in the Philippines before too long. Once he's invisibly trying to convert what he sees as the wrong kind of Xian (Catholics) to the "right" kind (whatever loopy flavor of fundamentalism he ascribes to), and isn't making a show of his beliefs every time a camera is pointed at him, I'll go back to not caring whether or not he exists.

Tebow made me feel better about my decision to become an agnostic.

Bless him :)

• Fire 1

I really don't understand all this 'hate'. What has this young man ever done that was wrong. He's a winner and certainly a role model for all. Yes he can be a bit preechy but so what. If you want to hate somebody why not choose Mike Vick. Ofcourse he did say he did say he was 'Sorry,' sure sorry he got caught. If he hadn't got caught he'd still be killing dogs.

T_O_B

G>B>R

It's football "hate". When I say I hate someone in football I don't actually hate them...its a game! If they were broke down on the side of the road in a blizzard I'd still stop to help, but when they're playing football I "hate" them...its part of being a fan!

Vick on the otherhand is worthy of actual hate, I don't hate the guy for what he did but others do and I understand that, still don't agree with it but that's another thread entirely.

You're right Badg. In sports you 'hate' the other team/player so bad because they play so good.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Living in Denver, I'm absolutely sick to death of the guy. I'm a Packer fan, so I couldn't care less about the Donkeys anyway..... and I don't really give a rat's posterior about his beliefs or not.

I just think he's a mediocre player who has oodles of hype around him and won't ever be anything more than a journeyman player. Yeah, I guess if your competition was Kyle Orton, you'd look halfway decent too.

I haven't met a person down here in the Springs that has anything nice to say about him...

I dislike the guy a lot. I didn't like him when he was at Florida, because I believe he is way too public about his belief system. Personally, I think he exploits Christianity for his own gain/fame. I also think he's a douche, amongst other things that I probably shouldn't go into. That was when he was in college. Fast forward to draft day, our drinking game involves finishing your drink if your team drafts Tebow, and everyone there is saying how they don't want Tebow, even the Broncos fan... who also was a giant douche. As soon as they announced the pick he goes off "YES!!!! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW!". Then when the Broncos fans were all in a tizzy wanting Tebow over Orton. Why? The same reason people here want Carnes over Martinez, because it's something different. There's absolutely nothing that should make you believe the backup would be better, that's why they're not starting in the first place (unless it's a Calliban coached team). So lo and behold, Tebow becomes the starter, and promptly makes my sleeper 15th round fantasy pick Eric Decker look like less of a bargain, and now I'm always trying to decide if I should start him, Percy Harvin or Early Doucet. So yes, the cherry on top was just something stupid about fantasy football, but it was the straw that broke the camel's back for me, haha. Basically, to me, he's the Nickelback of quarterbacks. They really suck, but I wouldn't care if they sucked if everyone weren't saying how awesome they are, and all the stations play their music all the damn time.