*** Official Northwestern Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

We have 61 rushing yards.....against the 95th rushing defense. Good God

And we have thrown the ball 14 times....seriously? Establish some running game, especially since it is windy.

Sadly, they keep stuffing Rex. Our wrs simply have to catch the ball (and then not fumble). Either that or unleash the zone-read and mis-direction plays with Tmart.

Or give it to Ameer Abdullah or Aaron Green, I have a feeling those two are faster than anyone of that NW defense.

Yeah, the triplets on the edge works for me too!

So are they running the short side options to set up another the reverse? Tom O. would say he likes going to the short side because their are fewer defenders but it is not working today.

That's what I remember about it. I think for the short side to work the QB has got to make the decision a lot quicker. You just can't keep riding it to the outside. Either cut if up field or pitch sooner, it's too easy for the defense to string out.

That's one thing I really hope Taylor improves on in the future, he's got to make the defender commit on the option.

Someone was talking about that on one of the threads here this week. Why we don't run the option in a straight horizontal line? I don't get it....maybe we don't think our Oline can hack that? I don't know....

What the heck guys? Do I need to start watching this game? Other than UW you guys have done well when I watch haha...

What happened? Someone bring me up to speed. Are they shutting down Rex?

This game is still winnable though so hey

Rex isn't 100%, so he's struggling more than usual. The offense moved the ball throughout the 2nd quarter, but lost two fumbles, one inside the 5 yard line, the other at about the 25. Should be 17-7 right now.

What the heck guys? Do I need to start watching this game? Other than UW you guys have done well when I watch haha...

What happened? Someone bring me up to speed. Are they shutting down Rex?

This game is still winnable though so hey

Rex isn't 100%, so he's struggling more than usual. The offense moved the ball throughout the 2nd quarter, but lost two fumbles, one inside the 5 yard line, the other at about the 25. Should be 17-7 right now.

Two fumbles eh? I wouldn't worry then, just some sh**ty luck, everythings going to be fine. It's not like Northwestern is showing brilliance on offense...or are they? 7 doesn't look like it...