Bo Should go.

Oh. My. God. One loss, against a team that has played many other teams extremely close this year, and we're saying we need to re-evaluate our coaches again.

I think some of you need to re-evaluate yourselves. Every single team in the country loses a game it shouldn't one year or the next. Osborne did it, Meyer did it, Spurrier did it, Bowden did it, Paterno did it, Stoops did it and I could keep going all day. I'm not saying Pelini is near the caliber of those coaches yet but you really need to get your mind right if you think these kinds of things don't happen to even the best of coaches. It's just embarrassing coming on here and seeing the type of comments I'm reading. Carl needs to go...Raymond needs to go...whatever.

I'm nowhere near as disappointed in this loss as I have been in others in the past. It was too little to late for us, but we can still have a successful season if we rally the troops.

Please, for the love of everything Husker football, just shut the hell up about this kind of stuff. It makes you look pathetic and I don't care if you disagree with me. There's absolutely nothing you can say that will change my opinion on this - it's pathetic to be calling for these kinds of things when there's absolutely no substantial reason to do it. Everybody was on the bandwagon last week. It's funny how one bad week really separates the true Husker fans from the fair weather ones.

AMEN!!!!

BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSB

I can't stand this lockstep loyalty crap some of you seem to think means fanhood. Fanhood doesn't mean you put on blinders and can't criticize. BO LOSES TO TERRIBLE TEAMS. EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.

If that's acceptable to you, then I think it's you who isn't the real fan.

HEY! It's the old sunshine pumper/"realist" conflict again. Love it.

Oh. My. God. One loss, against a team that has played many other teams extremely close this year, and we're saying we need to re-evaluate our coaches again.

I think some of you need to re-evaluate yourselves. Every single team in the country loses a game it shouldn't one year or the next. Osborne did it, Meyer did it, Spurrier did it, Bowden did it, Paterno did it, Stoops did it and I could keep going all day. I'm not saying Pelini is near the caliber of those coaches yet but you really need to get your mind right if you think these kinds of things don't happen to even the best of coaches. It's just embarrassing coming on here and seeing the type of comments I'm reading. Carl needs to go...Raymond needs to go...whatever.

I'm nowhere near as disappointed in this loss as I have been in others in the past. It was too little to late for us, but we can still have a successful season if we rally the troops.

Please, for the love of everything Husker football, just shut the hell up about this kind of stuff. It makes you look pathetic and I don't care if you disagree with me. There's absolutely nothing you can say that will change my opinion on this - it's pathetic to be calling for these kinds of things when there's absolutely no substantial reason to do it. Everybody was on the bandwagon last week. It's funny how one bad week really separates the true Husker fans from the fair weather ones.

AMEN!!!!

BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSB

I can't stand this lockstep loyalty crap some of you seem to think means fanhood. Fanhood doesn't mean you put on blinders and can't criticize. BO LOSES TO TERRIBLE TEAMS. EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.

right?

BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSB

Who said you can't criticize the team? Who said it? Seriously - show me exactly where I said or anybody said you can't criticize the team and have to say something nice or don't say anything at all?

I don't think even you can deny some of the absolutely pathetic things being said on here - case in point someone bringing up Carl Pelini's transgression for the first time in forever, just because we lost. Why did a loss require that kind of immature response?

The issue here is that people aren't criticizing the team - instead, they're saying coaches need to be fired, they're bringing up off the field issues, they're saying everything is wrong here. Etc., etc.

Pelini has lost to bad teams since he's been here, but he's also beaten many good teams. This happens to every coach who has ever coached a football team and that includes the great ones. One loss a football coach's career does not make. Criticize the play all you want - but this coaching bs that gets brought up after every loss is just pathetic. Everybody was on the bandwagon last weekend, and now all of a sudden Carl's off the field issues are why we lost.

BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSB

Who said you can't criticize the team? Who said it? Seriously - show me exactly where I said or anybody said you can't criticize the team and have to say something nice or don't say anything at all?

I don't think even you can deny some of the absolutely pathetic things being said on here - case in point someone bringing up Carl Pelini's transgression for the first time in forever, just because we lost. Why did a loss require that kind of immature response?

The issue here is that people aren't criticizing the team - instead, they're saying coaches need to be fired, they're bringing up off the field issues, they're saying everything is wrong here. Etc., etc.

Pelini has lost to bad teams since he's been here, but he's also beaten many good teams. This happens to every coach who has ever coached a football team and that includes the great ones. One loss a football coach's career does not make. Criticize the play all you want - but this coaching bs that gets brought up after every loss is just pathetic. Everybody was on the bandwagon last weekend, and now all of a sudden Carl's off the field issues are why we lost.

I never said Bo should be fired, or about Carl or whatever. What I've said is that Bo is a solid "B" coach, and that we're not going to be get over the hump back to the elite with him here. You think Bo can take us back to the promised land? I don't.

BO LOSES TO TERRIBLE TEAMS. EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.

http://espn.go.com/c...ska-cornhuskers

I see your 2008, and raise you 2009, 2010, & 2011.

The point is - he proved your original post wrong. Three years out of four is not EVERY.

This is getting carried away.......but i am certainly concerned. IMO there very little chance he will be here in 4-5 years

Oh yeah? Same thing was said after the Wisconsin game, and then we started winning and everybody shut up. We have an inexperience defense, a very young offense, and several new coaches trying to meld together.

There were many people earlier in the year who predicted a loss to Northwestern. What's the big deal? A lot of people expected a loss here, and Northwestern has come very close to having a better record than they do this year. They take down a good team almost every year, seemingly. What changed? Not much in my eyes.

AMEN!!!!

BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSB

right?

I understand the reasons why people are calling for Bo's head. I disagree with them, but I'm not going to call out your fan hood. I'm sure you're just as much of a fan as I am. Fan hood isn't following the same blind idea no matter what.

3 years in a row he's lost to a team with a losing record. One time? I can forgive. Twice? Maybe. But 3 times?

Bo talks about winning Championships. Championship teams don't lose to teams with losing records.

I am sick of this happening. Bo's teams come out like this at least twice a year. Shouldn't happen.

But it continues. Bo ain't getting it done. 8-9 wins a year is great, but losing to bad teams isn't.

And it's happened every year.

Take it back to the GI Independent boards.

Northwestern has played giantkiller for years in the Big Ten. They are not a bad team. Nebraska has been gashed on the run all year by just about anyone that wanted to try, and NFW (ask any long-time Big Ten fan what that means) basically ran at will, dared the D to stop them and the D failed.

Pelini has his issues, sure, but playing the coaching carousel is just idiotic.

Not a bad team? What world do you live in? They lost 5 straight, have one of the worst defenses in the country statistically, and don't have a winning record. Nah, they're pretty good.

Keep drinking that Kool-Aid, and continue to be satisfied when NU loses because you're a "true fan", and live in a world where you don't believe anyone should be criticized. There was a place where you couldn't criticize anyone...and it fell apart. It was called the USSR. Didn't work out so well.

If you don't like my opinion, that's fine, but at least back yours up with something that's remotely true.

P.S. I'm glad you like Pelini, but blindly following him (anyone) is a mistake.

There was a point this year when folks thought we had a pretty terrible D besides 6 quarters of play where they decided to show up maybe this is one of those things for Northwestern, the one team that showed up today. I say team because although a coach should prepare a team the team should also have a little heart and desire to win a game they should and not look like they would rather be doing something else. In part this is on the coaches, but the team as a whole can take some blame for this loss. Players and coaches included.

BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSB

I never said Bo should be fired, or about Carl or whatever. What I've said is that Bo is a solid "B" coach, and that we're not going to be get over the hump back to the elite with him here. You think Bo can take us back to the promised land? I don't.

I didn't say you specifically did. I said it's being said on the board and I find it pathetic that people are. I guess I should have been more careful with my "you's". I was referring to the people who are saying the unfounded things.

Again, we replaced a lot of coaches this year, we have a very young offense and lost a lot of NFL talent on the defense. If we had gotten rid of Watson sooner, I think we'd be in a better position offensively right now which means our defense taking a step back this year wouldn't have been as big of an issue. He didn't, which falls on him. He's still young, though, in the grand scheme of things.

Bo has won a championship as a coordinator. Doesn't mean he's going to be a great head coach, but I still give him the benefit of the doubt. Whether you want to or not is your prerogative

AMEN!!!!

BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSB

Ok...so he does...so do a lot of teams. Can you believe that Oklahoma was beaten by Texas Tech this year and then Tech turns around and gets the crap beaten out of them by Iowa State? I'm sure folks were calling for Bob Stoops' head too, eh? But just think about it for a minute. Let's say that we fired the whole lot. What would that accomplish? Absolutely NOTHING! It takes time to build a team. We're in a new league, we have a young team. I'm sure last week you thought Bo was the best and now you're asking for his head? You can criticize but do you honestly think it changes anything? Criticizing or not criticizing doesn't define a person as a fan. I thought they played crappy tonight too but does that mean we need to fire Bo? No. All is not lost.

• Fire 1

3 years in a row he's lost to a team with a losing record. One time? I can forgive. Twice? Maybe. But 3 times?

Bo talks about winning Championships. Championship teams don't lose to teams with losing records.

I am sick of this happening. Bo's teams come out like this at least twice a year. Shouldn't happen.

But it continues. Bo ain't getting it done. 8-9 wins a year is great, but losing to bad teams isn't.

And it's happened every year.

Take it back to the GI Independent boards.

Northwestern has played giantkiller for years in the Big Ten. They are not a bad team. Nebraska has been gashed on the run all year by just about anyone that wanted to try, and NFW (ask any long-time Big Ten fan what that means) basically ran at will, dared the D to stop them and the D failed.

Pelini has his issues, sure, but playing the coaching carousel is just idiotic.

Not a bad team? What world do you live in? They lost 5 straight, have one of the worst defenses in the country statistically, and don't have a winning record. Nah, they're pretty good.

NW lost four in a row to teams that could beat Nebraska, and they have a long tradition of toppling Big Ten hopefuls. Colter is a worse matchup against Nebraska than Persa is, NW was able to run at will and convert third and fourth downs, and they also converted 66% of their passes, including a bomb.

This isn't one of those blowout losses that got out of hand because of failures in all aspects, this was a team that outplayed the Huskers D today. Or a coulda, woulda, shoulda, if you will. Lose a turnover. Lose the 81 yard pass. Stop Northwestern on one fourth down.

If you're going to call for Pelini's head, at least wait for a game where he's obviously overmatched. This was actually a pretty enjoyable game , except for the final result.

Keep drinking that Kool-Aid, and continue to be satisfied when NU loses because you're a "true fan", and live in a world where you don't believe anyone should be criticized. There was a place where you couldn't criticize anyone...and it fell apart. It was called the USSR. Didn't work out so well.

Leave that true fan BS at the GI boards.

P.S. I'm glad you like Pelini, but blindly following him (anyone) is a mistake.

Where did I mention I liked Pelini?