Bo Should go.

Personally, I think the only big mistake Bo has made since he's been head coach is retaining Watson.

Really? You think him hiring his high school buddies was a "good" decision?

Honestly, it's really tough not to laugh at you right now. You have given these coaches, after making several changes, absolutely no time to become cohesive and work together. What, you think losing one of the best secondary coaches in the nation and making a multitude of other personnel changes means everything is going to be lean and dandy right away? Incumbents mixing with newbies isn't going meld together so simply.

I respectfully suggest you think before you post about that which you are clearly not understanding or have too high expectations of.

Ah yes, having hope that a Head Coach will hire some people with proven track records in coaching and recruiting; is my out of this world expectations. Instead he hires his BROTHER, a bunch of HS coaches and prior graduate assistants to fill his primary coordinator and assistant jobs. Most of his assistance have been there for four years...... Beck, Cotton, Ron Brown, Garrison, Dobson, Papuchis etc. WTF are you talking about? no time? Take off the glasses, cause you clearly cant see straight.

I respectfully suggest you think before you post about that which you are clearly not understanding or have low expectations of.

Personally, I think the only big mistake Bo has made since he's been head coach is retaining Watson.

Honestly, it's really tough not to laugh at you right now. You have given these coaches, after making several changes, absolutely no time to become cohesive and work together. What, you think losing one of the best secondary coaches in the nation and making a multitude of other personnel changes means everything is going to be lean and dandy right away? Incumbents mixing with newbies isn't going meld together so simply.

I respectfully suggest you think before you post about that which you are clearly not understanding or have too high expectations of.

Ah yes, having hope that a Head Coach will hire some people with proven track records in coaching and recruiting; is my out of this world expectations. Instead he hires his BROTHER, a bunch of HS coaches and prior graduate assistants to fill his primary coordinator and assistant jobs. Most of his assistance have been there for four years...... Beck, Cotton, Ron Brown, Garrison, Dobson, Papuchis etc. WTF are you talking about? no time? Take off the glasses, cause you clearly cant see straight.

I respectfully suggest you think before you post about that which you are clearly not understanding or have low expectations of.

Yes, the defense took a step back this year. Starting the season down your four best defensive backs from the previous year will do that to you. But they're starting to play better and we'll see how they finish. If you think that with Pelini's track record on defense this is anything more than a blip on the radar, I don't know what to tell you.

Now, our offense is averaging 34.7 points per game this season. That is our second highest scoring output since 2001. For a first year offensive coordinator, new WR coach, new RB coach, new offensive line coach, new TE coach, and a bunch of freshman and sophomore players.

I think it's pretty tough to rationally criticize Pelini's hiring practices at this point.

Some of you are ridiculous. Bo is a great coach. I would love to see some of your winning percentages at your pathetic workplaces and then talk about it on this board.

You are assuming people in this board HAVE A JOB... that's a leap of faith right there.

Nobody here is getting paid over 3 Million a year to lose at home to lesser opponents at least once a year.

So your saying if Bo was getting your salary, you would be ok with his performance??

Thank you roumdegotrip you said it much more kindly then I was going to. Forge you want to rethink what you said? Three of those coaches you listed are in new roles and another, Dobson, is the strength and conditioning coach who, I would love to see your counter to this, has done a pretty bang up job for us this year. And Garrison is essentially in a new role as well, so that really only leaves one coach in a "familiar" role, Cotton, who many have had issue with for some time.

And with this the discussion goes to 7 pages... :facepalm:

I find this amazing. One game, after having beat MSU and OSU. One game.

It's crazy isn't it? Either half the board forgot to take their prozac or bipolar meds or (glaring generality here) the farmers are done with havest and don't have anything better to worry about at the moment.

MSU is not that sweet and we got extremely lucky against OSU. If Bauserman remains on the bench we lose that game. If we played OSU again today, we would lose big.

eh... who knows. both teams are very up and down.

The problem(IMO at least) is that its year 4 for Bo, he has lost 2 games in really embarrassing fashion, and we lose several players this year that are going to be VERY hard to replace(david, dennard.....yoshi and caputo to a certain extent) We arent a team that is remotely close to being ready to contend. And its very conceivable that we could take a step back next year. I dont want him fired.... not even close to it. but I am VERY concerned about the situation.

it is weird. if a coach consistently gets 9-10 wins a season, how could you be disappointed? yet, for the past 5 years, we have lost to an unranked team at home. so... we do have a right to be disappointed in the losses, but not so much in the overall season. however, it is worse because if we took out this inexplicable losses, the next level would be so much closer. a one loss season is a lot to ask, not losing to an underwhelming NW at home is not asking much at all. yeah, we will get upset sooner or later, but every year we have a major letdown, usually right when we think we are about to move up deeper into the top ten.

• Fire 1

Yes, the defense took a step back this year. Starting the season down your four best defensive backs from the previous year will do that to you. But they're starting to play better and we'll see how they finish. If you think that with Pelini's track record on defense this is anything more than a blip on the radar, I don't know what to tell you.

Now, our offense is averaging 34.7 points per game this season. That is our second highest scoring output since 2001. For a first year offensive coordinator, new WR coach, new RB coach, new offensive line coach, new TE coach, and a bunch of freshman and sophomore players.

I think it's pretty tough to rationally criticize Pelini's hiring practices at this point.

Keep in mind, we averaged 37.1 points per game through the first 9 games last year....

I am not at all calling for B'os head. Quite opposite really, i have posted many time I support Bo on these forums..... at good times and bad. I think he is a good coach with the ability to be a great (will take many more years though). I think he is very wet behind the ears, but he has potential.

I blame most of the other coaches for most of our issues for the last few years. THeir lack of experience at this level of the game causes ripples down to our players. Our players play "young" because their teachers lack the experience and wisdom. Will they evolve and mature into better coaches? Probably.

I just completely disagree with Enhance89 statments that Bo hasnt done anything wrong. I also dont agree that for fans to expect anything more than "decent" is "asking too much". I know we arent a top 10 school to coach at.... but a lot of 10-25 programs (like we are) have been able to land decent assistants and coordinators. Why should we settle for less than the rest of our peers?

Overall, I expected a lose to a crappy team this year (I thought it would be Iowa though). I expect it for a few more years as well. We have young coaches, coaching young players. It will take another 5-10 years to get back to where most fans want to be. I am being realistic here. I am not a "sunshine pusher" or a "off with his head" either. I like to think I am being realistic.

Just so its clear; Its rediculous to say "Bo hasnt done anything wrong, he is perfect". Its also redicouls to be calling for his head.

Some of you calling for his job have not the slightest idea about jack. You can drink beer and watch the games and you think it's easy and you think you're some kind of expert. Pathetic.

I love people who rip on others and accuse them of thinking their "experts." Who do these people think they are, "experts"?

I may not be an expert but it would sure appear that I have a lot more common sense and experience as pertains to this issue. It was one friggin loss to Northwestern. A Northwestern mind you who played their a$$es off while our team sat on theirs. Where was all this dissension 2 days ago? If Bo is such a rotten so and so, where were all these people calling for his head before this one single game? It is simply a meltdown, knee-jerk reaction that the melters are now trying to justify and rationalize. I was around in the late 70's when the same things were said about TO. In the mid 80's to mid 90's the story was he couldn't win the big game. We are still recovering from the decision to fire Solich after a season with a record that most teams would die for. Recruiting gets impacted. System continuity gets impacted. Bo has 2 losses in the first season in a new conference. But, the thing that really gets me are the people saying he can't motivate the players and prevent these types of losses to inferior opponents. I've coached a bit (not at the college level mind you) and I am of the belief that about the only way a coach can influence motivation is negatively. I don't see that with Bo for the team at large. Motivation has to primarily come from within the players themselves. Bo didn't fumble the ball. Bo didn't drop passes. Bo didn't play defense like a girl. I don't know why this team came out and stunk it up but I am pretty certain it is not very closely related to some shortcoming of Bo's not getting them motivated enough. I don't hold the coaching staff harmless. Sure there are things here and there that they can and should do better. We are a young inexperienced team with a relatively young coaching staff. For Christ's sake give them some time to develope their program and for the timing for all the pieces to fit together. A clue; this isn't the year. If your tolerance horizon is only 4-5 years and then you want change, I hate to tell ya that you're never going to get where you're going. And no I did not give Callahan the same courtesy of more time for obvious reasons. The difference is Bo has shown respect for our traditions and ex-players and has many things going in his favor as far as turning us around from the past debacle and the team showing improvement. It don't happen overnight people. And a change at the wrong time can put it off another 5-10 years. If we were to fire Bo at this point, I would not want for a coach the idiot that would be willing to take his place. I love people who get into a much larger discussion but instead choose to concentrate on some little side issue about experts rather than manning up and saying what they really feel about the issue at hand. I should have known jumping into this meltdown thread was a mistake and waste of time. It'll be some of the same people who, after the next victory, will be figuring out how we play in to the NC scene. Like I said- Kneejerk.

The only thing that will fix a program struggling to get back to prominence like ours is keeping the head coach. You want results after 4 years? Even TO couldn't win championships that fast. It took him decades to build the program to what it was in the mid-90s, and with how college football has changed today, there will probably never be another run like that ever again.

If you want permanent instability, keep firing the head coach every 4 years.

WE HAVE A GREAT COACH!! IDC what anyone else thinks, Bo is the man, he puts people in positions to succeed, and we WILL win championships with him as our coach.

"Even TO couldn't win championships that fast. It took him decades to build the program to what it was in the mid-90s, "

Amazing... the number of times we see that tired old worn out excuse.

Yo! I have news for you. TO WAS NOT MAKING ~$3Million FRIGGIN BIG ONES!! Kapeesh? If we are going to pay top notch BCS $$, then in the name of all that is Nebraska Football, we can DEMAND a little better than getting taken out to the woodshed by a bunch of nerds from North Chicago.