Bo Should go.

I don't believe Bo should be canned at this juncture.If he is .500 or less in the next two years, then a change is needed. However he's 36-15 in four years. Yes, he lost to Northwestern at home, although NW has a history of upsetting teams they are not supposed to defeat. If Bo is smart, he and the players will learn from this. Bo definitely has room for improvement. There is an old saying that you are never as good as you look (MSU last week) or are you as bad as you look (NW yesterday), it's always somewhere in the middle.

As for the criticism that Bo is a bad recruiter, I remember a Sports Illustrated article from 1991 about TO that said, in essence, that his recruiting class that year was nothing special. Of course, we all know that more than a few of those players helped to form the core of the title teams that went 60-3. I'm not saying we are on the brink of another run like that again, but I'm happy with winning 9-10 games a year, while being in the NC hunt every couple of years.

Personally, I think the only big mistake Bo has made since he's been head coach is retaining Watson.

Really? You think him hiring his high school buddies was a "good" decision?

Honestly, it's really tough not to laugh at you right now. You have given these coaches, after making several changes, absolutely no time to become cohesive and work together. What, you think losing one of the best secondary coaches in the nation and making a multitude of other personnel changes means everything is going to be lean and dandy right away? Incumbents mixing with newbies isn't going meld together so simply.

I respectfully suggest you think before you post about that which you are clearly not understanding or have too high expectations of.

Ah yes, having hope that a Head Coach will hire some people with proven track records in coaching and recruiting; is my out of this world expectations. Instead he hires his BROTHER, a bunch of HS coaches and prior graduate assistants to fill his primary coordinator and assistant jobs. Most of his assistance have been there for four years...... Beck, Cotton, Ron Brown, Garrison, Dobson, Papuchis etc. WTF are you talking about? no time? Take off the glasses, cause you clearly cant see straight.

I respectfully suggest you think before you post about that which you are clearly not understanding or have low expectations of.

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. It's quite sad to see you struggling like this - in front of your peers, no less.

Cotton, Brown, Garrison, Dobson and Papuchis are not his high school buddies, which is what your original post said. "Hiring a bunch of his high school buddies." Now, you quickly tried to fix this by throwing in where he hired the rest of staff. Here's a news-flash - most coaches hire those with whom they are familiar with. Whether it be former grad assistants, people they worked with, coaches who have been successful at other places, etc.

As pointed out by another poster, Beck was a co-offensive coordinator/passing game coordinator at Kansas before becoming Nebraska's running backs coach. As a member of that staff, KU won an Orange Bowl. But, obviously, that must mean nothing....

Sequentially, Carl Pelini worked on Frank Solich's staff. You seem to be under the impression Bo just called up a bunch of hacks who have no idea what they're doing, which leads me to the assumption that - again - you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Many of these coaches have division one experience. Hell, some of are even being taken by other coaching staffs! Remember Bo's "buddy" from LSU, Ekeler, who's now co-defensive coordinator at Indiana?

Now, please, I eagerly await your response. Perhaps, this time, you can delve deeper in the empty chasm that is your argument and perhaps formulate your own statements rather than being an internet master of copy pasta.

Ok, say we fire him now, that means we'll have to fire Carl as well, because you don't think that we'll get one without the other. Who in the hell would we get to replace him, Beck? How well would that go over?

If we wait till the end of the season to fire him, then who in the hell are we gonna get?

Enhance, make the all the excuses you want. I have no need to bicker with you over your crooked opinion of qualified. I could spend the next three paragraphs showing how your one sided examples of their brief and over exaggerated credentials is laughable, but it would be a waste of time. If you think the coaches are performing, good for you. They aren’t for me, and I think the player’s performance speaks for itself. Minus Rex, no other group is performing up to par this year. But, I am sure you can come up with a paragraph worth of excuses for that as well.

Most coaches do hire who they are familiar with and Bo has not been totally afraid to let someone go (departed LBs coach, after all).

His hires (Beck included) were gambles, most of which I actually feel good about - but I think there are some questions to be asked of Ross Els - maaaybe Rich Fisher? (I don't remember), and certainly at this point, Carl Pelini. Especially if it is true that Carl has more responsibility this year as DC than in any previous year. It is great for Bo to be freed up a little to be a HC as opposed to focusing so much on the D, but the D has to be in good hands otherwise.

Carl may be going wifi, but 3G is what's up these days (just ask our offense, they know)

Enhance, make the all the excuses you want. I have no need to bicker with you over your crooked opinion of qualified. I could spend the next three paragraphs showing how your one sided examples of their brief and over exaggerated credentials is laughable, but it would be a waste of time. If you think the coaches are performing, good for you. They aren’t for me, and I think the player’s performance speaks for itself. Minus Rex, no other group is performing up to par this year. But, I am sure you can come up with a paragraph worth of excuses for that as well.

Are you serious?

It was Rex who coughed up a sure TD on NW's one yd line and could only get 80 yds on 22 carries (3.6 ypc) but he's the only one performing up to par this year? You think Tmart isn't performing either? If passing for 28 out of 37 (including five drops) for 289 yds with two TDs and zero intercepts isn't "performing up to par", pray tell what is?

The wrs even with their drops are still wayyyyyyy better than last year, Tmart is better, SuperRex is better and Beck has had his ups and downs but has shown he can adapt at halftime (something Clownahan or SW could never do).

Bo knows defense. He's struggling this year but three out of his last four blackshirt squads were simply awesome & 2008 wasn't bad (and 10,000 times better than 2007).

Relax....have a beer. Thing are coming around and don't forget Bo's recruiting has improved every year so far.

GBR!!

3 years in a row he's lost to a team with a losing record. One time? I can forgive. Twice? Maybe. But 3 times?

Bo talks about winning Championships. Championship teams don't lose to teams with losing records.

I am sick of this happening. Bo's teams come out like this at least twice a year. Shouldn't happen.

But it continues. Bo ain't getting it done. 8-9 wins a year is great, but losing to bad teams isn't.

And it's happened every year.

Although, I do agree that this staff has to improve on the way they get the team motivated for Hangover games for one and games that we should win even being a little beat up. That being said, Firing Bo would be the biggest mistake N could make. We will be there eventually and even then there are plenty of very good teams that lay an egg and we will too on occasion it happens you move on. This is why I would watch College football over Pro any day. Support your team or find another team to rag on it's pretty simple.

Opinions substantiated by facts are "excuses", now? (Sorry for not saying that in a paragraph)

The length of this post is becoming epic... i have nothing to offer but i wished to be part of it. Bo needs to find a way (bring back the pyschologist-Stark) to motivate these guys for crappy teams.

we should not have lost, but NW is not a terrible team and they have probably the best coach in the B1G.

The length of this post is becoming epic... i have nothing to offer but i wished to be part of it. Bo needs to find a way (bring back the pyschologist-Stark) to motivate these guys for crappy teams.

He needs to find a way to motivate them for good teams too. An keep them motivated (and focused) all game long.

Does nobody realize that it took Devaney nearly 10 years to win a National Championship and it took Dr. Tom twice as long to win a big one. Plus the competition of all of college football is higher than it was 20 years ago. All of Husker Nation needs to quit living in the past we aren't going to have a 1995 ever again... I don't think anybody will ever have a team like that. We're still rebuilding from the Callahan massacre and part of it started with Solich too.