Here is why we lost

If we pass- "Why aren't you running!!!" If we run "Why aren't you passing!!!"

Who are some of you people? Do you watch these games? Some of you must be watching 1 play and then making broad judgements on tired stuff you read in another internet thread.

We lost bc/ of offensive play calling? really?

Turnovers maybe. Some personnel decisions maybe but....

WE LOST BC/ OUR DEFENSE IS NOT GOOD AT ALL!!!! WE NEEDED A 4TH QUARTER STOP AND THE BALL WAS RAMMED DOWN OUR THROATS. A TEAM THAT LOST IT'S STARTING QB PUNKED US ON OUR OWN FIELD!

We lost the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. We fumbled in two key spots. We couldn't stop them from driving down the field and eating the clock at the end of the 4th. The game was lost between those 3 things. That's it. This has happened the last 5 years or so guys. Will it take ten years to get used to this? Nebraska is not an elite program anymore. We have gravitated toward "mediocrity".

• Fire 1

The reasons we lost are system wide.

Here are my six main reasons not in any order of magnitude:

We lost because the defense couldn't stop the run. We already know they can't stop the pass.

We lost because the defense can't stop a running QB from getting those crucial first down plays. It is incredibly obvious at this point that this is a true statement.

We lost because we got severely out coached.

We lost because our offensive line played poorly for most of the game. Barney recently stopped the offensive line rotations saying he has the right formula in place now. After yesterdays performance, I would rethink that coach!

We lost due to two crucial turnovers in the red zone.

We lost despite an excellent performance by Tmart due to some dropped catches.

I feel like I need to take bi-polar medicine this year with all of the ups and downs. Yes, it is another typical performance for us this year in Bo's tenure. It is hard to argue that the offensive has improved. It is the defense and their struggles that have floored me.

Wait wait... We lost to Northwestern?! How is that even possible??

I was visiting some friends who just came back from Afghanistan and took them out to eat. I figured the damn Huskers would be able to handle an easy game like Northwestern without my presence but NOOOO. Son of a Bitch, Nebraska. *Shakes head in disgust.*

• Fire 1

We lost the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. We fumbled in two key spots. We couldn't stop them from driving down the field and eating the clock at the end of the 4th. The game was lost between those 3 things. That's it. This has happened the last 5 years or so guys. Will it take ten years to get used to this? Nebraska is not an elite program anymore. We have gravitated toward "mediocrity".

Steve Pedersen knows how to fix this problem.

We lost this game solely because we can not defend a team with a rushing QB. Furthermore, we did a piss poor job containing the roll outs and letting them gash us for yards.

Early turnovers made us play from behind, so you can't blame the OC for letting us loose. What we did on the 4th qtr shows how we adjust any way to win (offensively). Credit Martinez and the WR's because they played a hell of a game. Rex still played good.

I agree that the loss falls solely on the defense and a few spots on the offensive side of the ball.

If our defense can hold Michigan state to 3 points. We should have been able to hold Northwestern under 20, maybe even under 10. They did average 31 points a game coming into Lincoln. Their offense is explosive. I give them credit for that.

Where Northwestern's weakness was is in the defense, and Tim Beck failed to exploit that weakness. They stuffed the running game, we had some success with passing, probably would have been great success if not for the dropped passes and turnovers. For that i blame the receivers for not stepping up their game and making the catches that they should have made. I give Taylor all the credit in the world for doing a great job passing.

Beck takes what the defense was giving him...which came in the passing game. Sometimes the runs not going to be there. And you have to be able to pass, which he called, and which Taylor did well. I was hoping he would've called a few more passes, but I don't think it was his playcalling that did us in.

We lost because we coughed it up twice, dropped 5 passes and didn't execute defensively. Those are things you can blame Beck on, right...

And fumbled after catching passes.....

Agree that Beck's hands were to a large degree tied. No Oline push (at all) resulting in zero running game, wrs dropping balls all over the place.....not easy.

Certainly agree with BigWillie that the option needs to be dumped as it simply doesn't work as we play it and SuperRex isn't a speedster to boot. If we "must" use it bring in one of the triplets for it to have any kind of chance.

Rough damn game.

GBR!!