What i learned today about Husker football and its fans.

I have learned that sometimes some of you just make me sick. Honest to god want to hang up my jersey and never watch a friggin game sick. You spoiled rotten, hand fed mother f'ers. Living in iowa i would hear all the crap from hawkeye fans about cornhuskers. I would never believe it if i didnt see it with my own eyes and today takes the cake. Few coaches in the HISTORY of college football can ever do what Osborne did. Few teams would kill to have even a shot at a NC game vs the 5 trophys in our case. Is Bo the next Osborne, probally not but who the hell ever will be. How many Osbornes, or Sabans, or Miles will there ever be in college football. This is not a sunshine pump thread, this isnt a fire Bo thread, this isnt a we need more talent thread. This is a shut the f#*k up thread.

This is a we had a great run a while ago and we may never have that again thread. This is a we may never have an 90s run again but we will get to the NC game again thread with this coach. This is a wake up because things have happened to this school have rarely happened in the HISTORY of football and may not ever happen again thread. No one wants to coach at a school where the fans dictate and pull apart so much of what a team says and does. He is a good coach with a lights out D state of mind. Its not there every year, its just not it cant be. To many players want playing time so instead of riding 2nd or 3rd string on the bench at Nebraska they will go to Purdue to be on the 1st team so they can get some playing time and god forbid, move to the next level. What is it going to take, what needs to be proved, what more can a fanbase ask out of a bunch of young adults who have more on there plate then most of us do. Bo can coach his heart out, but that doesnt mean Ben Cotton isnt thinking about a test he has coming up that can make or break his GPA. Or Taylor Martinez isnt thinking about taking out his girl to a special dinner after her team won another game.

This sport, this college sport, it isnt there job. Its not the NFL though we would like to treat it like that. There job is to perform but hey even if they dont win they still get a sh#t load of money. All these teams have to play for is pride. Most will never see the next level, or the big contract. Some will be insurance salesmen or bank managers. And occasionally they will recount of the glory days when they had a tough game between Georgia but they pulled it out of the trenches and how amazing it was just to be there. But you sit there behind your glass box and be critical of every little thing they do. Who are you to judge someones life or how they perform. How would any of you feel if there were thousands of people watching you perform at work, or judging how you build your deck. No one likes to be put under the microscope and be picked and prodded on everything they do or dont do. I want you to think about this nebraska fans, we have been victims of our own need for perfection before. I would hate to see that happen again.

Glad to hear your opinon....here's my....how about people Shutting the F#*K up about telling others how they should or shouldn't feel...?? We will never have another Osborne...YES we get...checked and double checked

But today's social media outlet is by far anything we could have dreamed about when Osborne was at the helm. Could you imagine if we had the internet/chat boards/ message boards when Osborn was losing?? Some people are just expressing thier opinion and that's all! It's not like any member on here has any say of who's going to be hired or fired. My gosh....get over it and let's talk about the next game...!

I have learned that sometimes some of you just make me sick. Honest to god want to hang up my jersey and never watch a friggin game sick. You spoiled rotten, hand fed mother f'ers. Living in iowa i would hear all the crap from hawkeye fans about cornhuskers. I would never believe it if i didnt see it with my own eyes and today takes the cake. Few coaches in the HISTORY of college football can ever do what Osborne did. Few teams would kill to have even a shot at a NC game vs the 5 trophys in our case. Is Bo the next Osborne, probally not but who the hell ever will be. How many Osbornes, or Sabans, or Miles will there ever be in college football. This is not a sunshine pump thread, this isnt a fire Bo thread, this isnt a we need more talent thread. This is a shut the f#*k up thread.

This is a we had a great run a while ago and we may never have that again thread. This is a we may never have an 90s run again but we will get to the NC game again thread with this coach. This is a wake up because things have happened to this school have rarely happened in the HISTORY of football and may not ever happen again thread. No one wants to coach at a school where the fans dictate and pull apart so much of what a team says and does. He is a good coach with a lights out D state of mind. Its not there every year, its just not it cant be. To many players want playing time so instead of riding 2nd or 3rd string on the bench at Nebraska they will go to Purdue to be on the 1st team so they can get some playing time and god forbid, move to the next level. What is it going to take, what needs to be proved, what more can a fanbase ask out of a bunch of young adults who have more on there plate then most of us do. Bo can coach his heart out, but that doesnt mean Ben Cotton isnt thinking about a test he has coming up that can make or break his GPA. Or Taylor Martinez isnt thinking about taking out his girl to a special dinner after her team won another game.

This sport, this college sport, it isnt there job. Its not the NFL though we would like to treat it like that. There job is to perform but hey even if they dont win they still get a sh#t load of money. All these teams have to play for is pride. Most will never see the next level, or the big contract. Some will be insurance salesmen or bank managers. And occasionally they will recount of the glory days when they had a tough game between Georgia but they pulled it out of the trenches and how amazing it was just to be there. But you sit there behind your glass box and be critical of every little thing they do. Who are you to judge someones life or how they perform. How would any of you feel if there were thousands of people watching you perform at work, or judging how you build your deck. No one likes to be put under the microscope and be picked and prodded on everything they do or dont do. I want you to think about this nebraska fans, we have been victims of our own need for perfection before. I would hate to see that happen again.

For someone that is basically trying to tell people to get over themselves...you sure seem to be into yourself. You take yourself a lot more seriously than any NU fans take the Huskers. LOL. Mel Gibson would be proud of that rant though.

LMAO, very well said.

For the younger readers, prior to TO getting his first MNC (25 yrs after he took over) and obtaining od like status, he was almost run out of town. Lost left to Colorado. Fans have never been forgiving of whatever coach has lost to teams we all thought we should beat or loing to teams yr in and year out.

When you are the only game in town, folks treat it as such. NU is our pro team, one thing that is known nation wide. Fans are vested in the success or failure of the program as much as if not more than any other program in the country. Wear the NU colors outside NE and everyone knows bout he Huskers.

Kind of hard to accept we haven't won a conference in about 12 yrs. this pride and or anger stems from having two Husker teams talked about as the greatest teams to ever play the game, not to mention the greatest player in TF.

Forgive the fans when we get ticked, scream and yell. We could be like the rest of the country who can't even sell out their own games.

• Fire 1

For the younger readers, prior to TO getting his first MNC (25 yrs after he took over) and obtaining od like status, he was almost run out of town. Lost left to Colorado. Fans have never been forgiving of whatever coach has lost to teams we all thought we should beat or loing to teams yr in and year out.

When you are the only game in town, folks treat it as such. NU is our pro team, one thing that is known nation wide. Fans are vested in the success or failure of the program as much as if not more than any other program in the country. Wear the NU colors outside NE and everyone knows bout he Huskers.

Kind of hard to accept we haven't won a conference in about 12 yrs. this pride and or anger stems from having two Husker teams talked about as the greatest teams to ever play the game, not to mention the greatest player in TF.

Forgive the fans when we get ticked, scream and yell. We could be like the rest of the country who can't even sell out their own games.

No kidding. Just ask people who were around and conscious then (especially if they were around before Osborne) and you'll hear just that-- people hated him, wanted him canned. Who was this guy losing 3 games every dadblamed year? Losing to OU?? The heck?! Get rid of 'im!

No kidding. Just ask people who were around and conscious then (especially if they were around before Osborne) and you'll hear just that-- people hated him, wanted him canned. Who was this guy losing 3 games every dadblamed year? Losing to OU?? The heck?! Get rid of 'im!

Not to mention, no passion, no emotion!