Some of you guys are delusional

Bo is a good coach, but Nebraska is a top 15 job, not a top 10 job. We arent a powerhouse anymore and its tough to compete with the likes of texas, lsu, usc, alabama, florida, ohio state, fla state, oklahoma, oregon for recruits. We wont ever consistently be a nc caliber team but we will always be a good team. The 90's have past and 10-2 isnt all that bad, its definately not "mediocre." Also, Lincoln doesnt have much to offer for our recruits and Memorial stadium isnt an amazing atmosphere like ohio state, lsu, alabama, florida, autzen stadium, etc. Also, name me a coach that is available right now that would be better than bo that we could hire? Also, I feel we need to quit recruitng so many nebraska boys, this isnt a good state for football prospects (there have been a few great ones but nebraska hs football isnt great compared to most other states, we need to look elsewhere). In conclusion, bo is a good coach but has some faults. Lets hope he can find a way to get this team better prepared and hopefully find a way to recruit better. Seems like we put way too much emphasis on recruiting "good kids," but that could be just me. Also, lets be happy that nebraska is a good program and not a mediocre one, unlike our neighboring states who have mediocre/poor football programs :).

• Fire 2

Itsalways been tough to recruit against sch00ls with warm weather climes.

Memorial Stadium is a Shrine. Shame on you.

Don't recruit Nebraska kids? These young men help to solidfy the Nebraska Tradition. One of Callies biggest mistakes. Again shame on you.

And, "Again shame on you.'

T_O_B

G>B>R

• Fire 6

im sorry but if you cant expect to compete for MNCs then you shouldnt even play the game. the only part about your post that i agree with is that Bo is doing a fine job and will get better. But we can and will compete with every program on your list. if we cant then why watch? if we cant now then why could we in the past? seems like a stupid argument to me...

• Fire 4

Well to start we dont recruit nebraska and havent really done that in years, hints the reason we have walks on. Also i could care less about how we cant compete with other schools in recruiting, we have always had a disadvantage in that area due to location, climate ect... And i will take a coach that can develop and teach talent any day over a great recruiter, look at TO and other good coaches. Are you saying Mac Brown is awesome because he gets all the talent, becuase Mac Brown is terrible?? We were a top 5 class in recruiting before, remember Billy boy, he got alot of big names and couldnt develop anyone. And to say memorial stadium isnt anything impressive is an absolute joke, is it the best in the nation no but its in the top 10 or 15. Here is the thing with Bo, STOP PLAYING BAD 6 GAMES A YEAR!! Stop letting the fans label you as a defensive genius when you have one scheme and if you dont have the players you cant adapt. I have realized that most coaches are basic gym teachers that know one scheme and if you can beat that one scheme you beat them. The great coaches like TO are typically a very intelligent person and no how to adapt and counter act. I am by no way saying Bo isnt intelligent, i am sure he is, but we keep running the same base d and keep getting ran all over and on offense we have about 3 to 5 basic plays that we run 95% of the game. Also please stop hiring high schools buddies of yours, this isnt youngstown st. To say Nebraska isnt a top job is way off base, there are alot of good coahes we could go after, however everyone cringes if is isnt a quote a "NEBRASKA GUY",

We have yet to establish an offensive identity. This hurts recruiting. We have hown the inability on oth sides of the ball to develop depth and talent ie burn a RS for. Few carries, play last year and don't see the fold this e Osborn

Recruiting is a factor, BUT TO owned the 80's and 90's with marginal recruits. He nd the staff were able to develop players and have them recruited for a specific type of scheme that NU ran and that the coaches know. Does anyone really even know what Beck's expertise even is? Zone, spread, option etc. Is he like Wats trying to run a system he can't teach or has on,y read about?

Find an identity, find the victories.

im sorry but if you cant expect to compete for MNCs then you shouldnt even play the game. the only part about your post that i agree with is that Bo is doing a fine job and will get better. But we can and will compete with every program on your list. if we cant then why watch? if we cant now then why could we in the past? seems like a stupid argument to me...

So you're saying about 90-95% of all the FBS teams every year should forfeit because they have no chance of making it to the championship? Watching 10-12 teams every season wouldn't be very fun...

So you're saying about 90-95% of all the FBS teams every year should forfeit because they have no chance of making it to the championship? Watching 10-12 teams every season wouldn't be very fun...

And if he's such a great coach, then why does the fan base have to lower their expectations because he can't get the job done. And for the record I don't remember anyone on either NU forum that I read has mentioned NU as a MNC contender. The expectations are to win the division and conference and then let the chips fall where they may on the National level. Now we are one MSU win over Iowa away from accomplishing nothing this year. Which happens to be the 13th year in a row without a conference title and the 5th year in a row with a loss at home to an unranked team. That is totally unacceptable.

• Fire 1

Bo is a good coach, but Nebraska is a top 15 job, not a top 10 job.

>Yet his name is near the top of everyone's list when a coaching position opens up.

We arent a powerhouse anymore and its tough to compete with the likes of texas, lsu, usc, alabama, florida, ohio state, fla state, oklahoma, oregon for recruits.

Tell that to these boys:

Ameer Abdullah-Alabama

Mauro Bondi-Florida

Rex Burkhead-Texas

Brion Carnes-Florida

Khiry Cooper-Louisianna

LaVonte David-Florida

Alfonzo Dennard-Georgia

Quincy Enunwa-California

Curenski Gilleylen-Texas

Andrew Green-Texas

Aaron Green-Texas

Stanley John-Baptiste-Florida

Taylor Martinez-California

Marcus Mendoza-Texas

Terrance Moore-Louisianna

Tyler Moore-Florida

Thad Randall-Texas

P.J. Smith-Louisianna

Damion Stafford-California

Brandon Thomas-Texas

Josh Williams-Texas

We wont ever consistently be a nc caliber team but we will always be a good team.

>Who IS consistently an NC caliber team every single year? No one.

The 90's have past and 10-2 isnt all that bad, its definately not "mediocre."

>Agree :)

Also, Lincoln doesnt have much to offer for our recruits

>Hmmm...free education at one of the top schools in the nation, a chance to play at an institution that values intellect as well as sports, a chance to develop character that they will use throughout their lifetime....nothing to offer, eh? I disagree :)

and Memorial stadium isnt an amazing atmosphere like ohio state, lsu, alabama, florida, autzen stadium, etc.

>ARE YOU KIDDING? Game day at Memorial Stadium is an event. You ask any recruit that comes here for a visit and they all leave feeling that Nebraska might be a pretty cool place to play ball.

Also, name me a coach that is available right now that would be better than bo that we could hire?

>Agree.

Also, I feel we need to quit recruitng so many nebraska boys, this isnt a good state for football prospects (there have been a few great ones but nebraska hs football isnt great compared to most other states, we need to look elsewhere).

>HAHAHAAHAHA!! Whose the delusional one now?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? REALLY? (Caps for emphasis, I'm not yelling at you) I would much rather have a Nebraska kid who is hungry to play football and will leave it all out on the field vs these prima donna '5 star recruits' who don't even pan out. Sorry, you're totally wrong on that point.

In conclusion, bo is a good coach but has some faults.

>ANY and EVERY coach has faults. They're not God. Good grief!

Lets hope he can find a way to get this team better prepared and hopefully find a way to recruit better.

>Did you write on this board last week when we played an incredibly complete game against MSU? Same coach-same boys playing.

Seems like we put way too much emphasis on recruiting "good kids," but that could be just me.

>Define 'good kids'? If you mean kids of great character bring them on vs. the thugs that some schools recruit. Oh yeah, they may be fabulous football players but where are they now? I can count on my fingers the number of kids from NU's program who have brought disgrace upon this university. Sorry, wrong again. Kids of character win out every time because not only are they great on field, they're great off the field to. Tell that to Rex Burkhead. He's a 'good kid' don't want to recruit the likes of him. It IS just you.

Also, lets be happy that nebraska is a good program and not a mediocre one, unlike our neighboring states who have mediocre/poor football programs :).

>Amen! I totally agree with this point. I hope you'll take a step back and take a good hard look at what you wrote, and what some of us wrote back. No one is delusional here. We know the realities of our team, their strengths and their limitations. Perhaps that's what you were trying to communicate. I appreciate the effort but think a little harder about the title next time, eh? ;)

i think you need to learn some reading comprehension. if there is a team that thinks they have absolutely 0 chance of winning them all then why are they playing? i have a feeling that alot of people that say things like you just said never played a down of football because if you did then you would know what its like to have a drive to win them all! and if you did and the mentality of your team was that you had no chance at a state title or whatever then i feel sorry for your team.

i think you need to learn some reading comprehension. if there is a team that thinks they have absolutely 0 chance of winning them all then why are they playing? i have a feeling that alot of people that say things like you just said never played a down of football because if you did then you would know what its like to have a drive to win them all! and if you did and the mentality of your team was that you had no chance at a state title or whatever then i feel sorry for your team.

That wasn't my point, and your comment just made yourself sound even less intelligent. I have indeed played a down of football, and I miss it with every fiber of being. I'd give anything to get back out there and get another shot. And of course I know what it feels like to want to win every game, to have that feeling deep inside that this is the year you win it all. But in all reality, the season only ever ends the right why for one team. ONE team every year. Should schools like Kent State and North Texas never play football again because they Alabama in the regular season? I just don't see where you're trying to go with this.

That wasn't my point, and your comment just made yourself sound even less intelligent. I have indeed played more than my fair share of football, and I miss it with every fiber of being. I'd give anything to get back out there and get another shot. And of course I know what it feels like to want to win every game, to have that feeling deep inside that this is the year you win it all. But in all reality, the season only ever ends the right why for one team. ONE team every year. Should schools like Kent State and North Texas never play football again because they Alabama in the regular season? I just don't see where you're trying to go with this.