Can everyone lay off Thorell

O'Hanlon was ripped over 1 play against VA Tech. Thorell has gotten taken advantage of as a coverage liability since he has been apart of the school. Anyone remember when he played over Dejon? Fun times those were.

Cannot hate much on the kid because he does put in a hard effort as shown by his tackle numbers. But as a cover guy, he REALLY struggles. His career would have been so much better served as a safety, or beefing him up to be a undersized LB.

• Fire 2

O'Hanlon was ripped over 1 play against VA Tech. Thorell has gotten taken advantage of as a coverage liability since he has been apart of the school. Anyone remember when he played over Dejon? Fun times those were.

Cannot hate much on the kid because he does put in a hard effort as shown by his tackle numbers. But as a cover guy, he REALLY struggles. His career would have been so much better served as a safety, or beefing him up to be a undersized LB.

Agree with this. I mean, you gotta like the kid. But then we start talking about the overall struggles on D, and one of the DBs that gets a ton of playing time getting beat a lot is going to be part of it. Not the only part, maybe not the biggest part, but it's not an insignificant one either.

And yea, tackles are the most meaningless statistic ever. Especially for DBs where you don't really want them to have a lot, though it depends.

You know by halftime, Thorell was leading the defense in tackles.

he is in our secondary, that is not good.

Actually im sorry. He finished the game with a career high 15 tackles. 9 solo 6 asst. David finished behind him with 11.

He led the team in tackles because they kept completing passes to the guy he was supposed to cover.

• Fire 1

It's more meaningful for a LB I guess but even then it wasn't much Like Bo said, he doesn't care about how many tackles Lavonte got, he was still out of position at times last year. It's a cool number to gloss over but Lavonte is good and not because of the # of tackles he gets.

For him it also means more because it means a high tackle count means he's always around the ball. For Suh it meant even more because that's just an impressive number for a DL to have.

If you have a *cornerback* getting a huge number of tackles - it usually means he is getting beat.

• Fire 1

Thorell should not be starting period. But why would CARL put him on man to man situations on their

best wide out most of the game??????????????????

They run a 2 deep man under concept on D. Northwestern was just smart enough to line Ebert in the slot to avoid having to match up on Zo. So be NW's play design that Ebert was in the slot, it wasn't a case of NU game planning to have their best cover guy(Zo) not cover Ebert.

Lance didn't get punked as much as Ciante did when matched up on Ebert. And Ciante didn't tackle the mistakes he made in coverage so people honestly should be looking harder at Ciante than Lance.

Ya Ciante did get abused.

Thing for me is that a team shouldn't just be able to stick their most dangerous guy at slot and abuse us. It's been done before.

Not a Thorell fan, but Ciante<Thorell. I had high hopes for Ciante, but man he is not good. Hope we get a good influx of talented CBs in our recruting class. It's looking good for now, and if we do they will be getting playing time next year.

Haven't been the biggest fan of either this year, but i know they are trying however it just ain't working at the moment. I agree with you that the number of DB offers is indicative of our struggles. Our staff isnt just trying to replace Fonzie but those Nickle/Dime spots need a serious upgrade in talent to run Bo's scheme.

Loomis is NOT po dunk!

I'm from Douglas County. Yes, yes it is. They have a big game Tuesday. Go Wolves!

At the risk of getting too far off-topic: they sure are good at punching St. Mary's in the mouth...

As for Thorell... you really can't blame him for being put in the situations they put him in, but he really shouldn't be out there getting burnt like he is. Is there really nobody else?

You know by halftime, Thorell was leading the defense in tackles.

he is in our secondary, that is not good.

Actually im sorry. He finished the game with a career high 15 tackles. 9 solo 6 asst. David finished behind him with 11.

He led the team in tackles because they kept completing passes to the guy he was supposed to cover.

Bingo. It was bad. I mean real bad.

Thorell should not be starting period. But why would CARL put him on man to man situations on their

best wide out most of the game??????????????????

They run a 2 deep man under concept on D. Northwestern was just smart enough to line Ebert in the slot to avoid having to match up on Zo. So be NW's play design that Ebert was in the slot, it wasn't a case of NU game planning to have their best cover guy(Zo) not cover Ebert.

Lance didn't get punked as much as Ciante did when matched up on Ebert. And Ciante didn't tackle the mistakes he made in coverage so people honestly should be looking harder at Ciante than Lance.

That.

Credit NW -- they knew exactly what they wanted to do and they did it.