Can everyone lay off Thorell

His situation reminds me so much of Matt O'Hanlon. I was convinced O'Hanlon was terrible. He needed a little time and got better...a lot better. I was wrong.

Thorell is being bagged on for nothing more than being a walk-on from po dunk Loomis. The kid is an athlete. He is a sub 50 400 kid from high school. He ran the 110 hurdles in 14.5 (faster than Niles Paul).

He is not the problem and I don't see why so many think so. I have been pleased how he has started making plays the last couple of weeks. He has become one of the more reliable open field tacklers we have.

Loomis is NOT po dunk!

(They're about two stoplights short of being po dunk)

He reminds me of the typical walkon from smalltown Nebraska..Work you ass off because you love the sport and the team..and in most cases..the state..just for that chance to get in.

I'm proud to also be from Phelps County.

Thorell should not be starting period. But why would CARL put him on man to man situations on their

best wide out most of the game??????????????????

They run a 2 deep man under concept on D. Northwestern was just smart enough to line Ebert in the slot to avoid having to match up on Zo. So be NW's play design that Ebert was in the slot, it wasn't a case of NU game planning to have their best cover guy(Zo) not cover Ebert.

Lance didn't get punked as much as Ciante did when matched up on Ebert. And Ciante didn't tackle the mistakes he made in coverage so people honestly should be looking harder at Ciante than Lance.

• Fire 3

His situation reminds me so much of Matt O'Hanlon. I was convinced O'Hanlon was terrible. He needed a little time and got better...a lot better. I was wrong.

Thorell is being bagged on for nothing more than being a walk-on from po dunk Loomis. The kid is an athlete. He is a sub 50 400 kid from high school. He ran the 110 hurdles in 14.5 (faster than Niles Paul).

He is not the problem and I don't see why so many think so. I have been pleased how he has started making plays the last couple of weeks. He has become one of the more reliable open field tacklers we have.

He was great against Michigan State. He got beat awfully bad against Northwestern. I haven't seen anybody write anything else about him, just that he got beat badly and needs to be much better than he was if Nebraska's going to win these last 3 games.

Surely you don't have a problem with people saying that?