I still believe Taylor should be benched. He is NOT going to lead us to a Championship. I would much rather see us go with someone who we think at least gives us a CHANCE at a Championship. This is my same feeling towards Bo. If he doesn't give us a CHANCE at a Championship (which IMO, he doesn't) then we should go in a different direction and find someone who we think does.

The QB that played against NW is capable of winning a championship.

I disagree. Taylor Martinez is one of the dumbest people I have ever seen in my life. He does not have the smarts to play qb at a high level, at least not proficiently. Taylor Martinez is also extremely selfish and cocky. He thinks he is so much better than everyone else when he really isn't. This translates into his ability to change and get better. Case in point, his throwing motion. Anybody with half a brain would realize that they need to change how they throw the ball, at the very least, work on their footwork. He has shown that he doesn't care if his motion is bad. The amount of selfishness he displays is beyond comprehension. The best example came against Northwestern this weekend. On one play Martinez had a run of roughly 15 yards. The very next play was a zone read play. There was a hole big enough to drive a car through and Rex would have ran for days. Instead of handing it off like he should have, Martinez pulls the ball and the play results in roughly a 5 yard loss. I believe we ended up punting on the drive.

I don't get what people see in Martinez. He had a good game throwing the ball. 1 good game. The problem with Martinez is that he CAN NOT be consistent in the passing game, EVERYONE KNOWS THIS. On the running game he makes terrible reads all the time or is just selfish and keeps the ball. He also can't make anyone miss if his life depended on it. He is a straight line runner.

Martinez might have a good passing game every now and then or break a big run every now and then but he can't be consistent enough to lead us to a Championship.

I find it hard to believe that our results would be much different if we played ANY other qb on our roster.

I guess we should fire Bo for starting the worst QB on the face of the Earth over our championship winning back-up QB...

I still believe Taylor should be benched. He is NOT going to lead us to a Championship. I would much rather see us go with someone who we think at least gives us a CHANCE at a Championship. This is my same feeling towards Bo. If he doesn't give us a CHANCE at a Championship (which IMO, he doesn't) then we should go in a different direction and find someone who we think does.

I disagree. Taylor Martinez is one of the dumbest people I have ever seen in my life. He does not have the smarts to play qb at a high level, at least not proficiently. Taylor Martinez is also extremely selfish and cocky. He thinks he is so much better than everyone else when he really isn't. This translates into his ability to change and get better. Case in point, his throwing motion. Anybody with half a brain would realize that they need to change how they throw the ball, at the very least, work on their footwork. He has shown that he doesn't care if his motion is bad. The amount of selfishness he displays is beyond comprehension. The best example came against Northwestern this weekend. On one play Martinez had a run of roughly 15 yards. The very next play was a zone read play. There was a hole big enough to drive a car through and Rex would have ran for days. Instead of handing it off like he should have, Martinez pulls the ball and the play results in roughly a 5 yard loss. I believe we ended up punting on the drive.

I don't get what people see in Martinez. He had a good game throwing the ball. 1 good game. The problem with Martinez is that he CAN NOT be consistent in the passing game, EVERYONE KNOWS THIS. On the running game he makes terrible reads all the time or is just selfish and keeps the ball. He also can't make anyone miss if his life depended on it. He is a straight line runner.

Martinez might have a good passing game every now and then or break a big run every now and then but he can't be consistent enough to lead us to a Championship.

I find it hard to believe that our results would be much different if we played ANY other qb on our roster.

Para+Isma+el+facepalm+definitivo.jpg

this really made me LOL dont know why

Haters gotta hate.

Im just tired of the sunshine pumpers who come in and accuse people of changing their feelings after wins and losses. This thread was created to try and prove that the people who were criticizing Martinez were wrong. Im just reiterating my feelings toward him.

I guess we should fire Bo for starting the worst QB on the face of the Earth over our championship winning back-up QB..

we do not deserve a football program. we are a disgrace to the ncaa. t-mart should have to pay back all his scholarship money and be forced to the soviet gulags.

I guess we should fire Bo for starting the worst QB on the face of the Earth over our championship winning back-up QB...

I think you're right

Nobody said our back up was a championship winning qb. However, I think any one of our backups gives us the same, if not a better chance than TM.

I think you're right

Nobody said our back up was a championship winning qb. However, I think any one of our backups gives us the same, if not a better chance than TM.

why are you telling us this? you should be lobbying TO, he would probably offer you a job, given all of your insights and irrefutable, fact-based facts.

Haters gotta hate.

Im just tired of the sunshine pumpers who come in and accuse people of changing their feelings after wins and losses. This thread was created to try and prove that the people who were criticizing Martinez were wrong. Im just reiterating my feelings toward him.

Question: Do you really know Taylor so well that you can make these kind of statements about him? Wow. Brutal stuff! So, who would your pick be to qb Nebraska? Just curious.

I think you're right

why are you telling us this? you should be lobbying TO, he would probably offer you a job, given all of your insights and irrefutable, fact-based facts.

I'm not sure where I ever said this was fact. These are just my observations and feelings. I gave you a specific play in the game which backs up TM's selfishness. I have seen multiple examples in almost every game since he started playing. I'm not about to go dig up examples to prove someone differently on a freakin message board. My feelings about his intelligence is based on the nonsense that spews out of Martinez's mouth every time he opens it to speak. Everyone knows he is an inconsistent passer.

I'm not sure what I wrote is all that bad or wrong...the truth hurts.

I think you're right

I'm not sure where I ever said this was fact. These are just my observations and feelings. I gave you a specific play in the game which backs up TM's selfishness. I have seen multiple examples in almost every game since he started playing. I'm not about to go dig up examples to prove someone differently on a freakin message board. My feelings about his intelligence is based on the nonsense that spews out of Martinez's mouth every time he opens it to speak. Everyone knows he is an inconsistent passer.

I'm not sure what I wrote is all that bad or wrong...the truth hurts.

first, i was being sarcastic. two, you called him one of the dumbest players you have ever seen. seriously? third, i was being sarcastic, trying to rival your hyperbole, which, honestly, is impossible.

I am beginning to find it questionable if we will ever recruit top athletes. Destroying the kids that step on the field for Nebraska, over and over and over is beyond belief.

I have never been a fan of Taylor, but the kid has given everything he has every single game he has played. He could barely walk last year after the Missouri game, but prior was on the Hypsman watch. What a slug. Trust me BCS, I would take TMart over you on anything, your assinine attacks are sickening.

He plays for Nebraska and warrants our praise and respect. He works far harder than 99% on the board, just to get kicked in the teeth after one of his best games. Simply amazing.

Some of these new/fans should have to qualify to post. I vote no.

HuskerBCS has GOT to be a troll....lol wow.

It's getting to the point where I don't even want to listen to the announcers on TV, because all they blab about half the time is Taylor's throwing motion, just like Tebow in the NFL. I guess Taylor doesn't have the Tebow Jesus bump, but you almost have to like the guy just for enduring all the crap. That and we would have been lucky to have a winning season last year or this year w/o him.

¿Qué?

Ok, I'm not going to bite your head off like I do everybody else who says this. But please, help me out here.

Your opinion is that Martinez could not deliver a championship. Fine. I don't know why it's become standard to judge an entire kid's career in year two of four, but each to his own. What do you suggest they do about it? Carnes? Not reasonable. Putting Carnes in guarantees this offense takes a step back, and that is not debatable. We'd be bringing in a redshirt freshman with almost no significant playing time. He'd be far more inconsistent than Martinez. Furthermore, we have no idea what kind of player Carnes is yet. Seems like a giant gamble to suggest starting Carnes.

Kellogg? He's one of the last holdovers from the Callahan era, and probably can't run this offense to the same degree as the mobile guys Martinez and Carnes. He's not even really a viable option.

Outside of those two, we have nobody. Martinez is our guy this year, he'll probably be our guy next year and the year after that. It shouldn't matter who is the quarterback as long as they're performing well. Martinez has been doing that the last several games, which means he deserves everybody's support.

• Fire 1