So does JoePa "retire" now with the scandal coming out?

ensanehusker

Does JoePa "retire"  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

he will die on the field before he quits, the man is penn state, granted i dont think he is anything more than a face anymore i just dont see the school getting rid of him, and if they do then what happens to the program does it take a step up or does it fall back a step or two?

It hasn't been JoePa's team for at least a decade. Tom Bradley is the head coach of this team.

JoePa is a mascot.

It is a sleeping giant of a program and it will either remain the same or get a helluva lot better. It won't collapse.

I don't know, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Sandusky retire in 1999 and only use the facilities. Didn't JoPa report an incident to his superiors? What about the Grad student who witnessed the action why isn't he culpable. Come on folks, your right, I would have followed up, coach should have, but to force him out and say he is guilty is insane.

I don't know, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Sandusky retire in 1999 and only use the facilities. Didn't JoPa report an incident to his superiors? What about the Grad student who witnessed the action why isn't he culpable. Come on folks, your right, I would have followed up, coach should have, but to force him out and say he is guilty is insane.

You need to read the grand jury report to understand this. Warning, though, it is horrifying and many people can't get through it completely. There's a lot more here than "an incident." There was a direct witness to a boy being forcibly raped in a Penn State shower. That witness told Paterno, and he relayed the info to his superiors. You need to understand the magnitude of these allegations to understand why JoePa (and everyone else who knew what Sandusky was doing) abdicated his responsibility so thoroughly by not making sure the police were contacted. Even worse, as recently as 2007 Sandusky was still coming to closed practices with young boys - AFTER Paterno and the school knew about the 1999 and 2002 incidents. In 2009, Sandusky was allowed to run an overnight football camp for youngsters on the Penn State campus. Sandusky was still allowed to use workout facilities as recently as last week.

This is huge, and I don't think it's quite hit most of the public how ugly it is. That will sink in over the coming days and weeks.

• Fire 2