The "Fire Bo" guys would have wanted to fire Coach Osborne too.

I posted this in another thread, but I think it's worth it to make it's own thread.

How did Coach Osborne after he took over a powerhouse from Devaney?

1973 Went 9-2-1. Tied unranked Oklahoma State and Nebraska was ranked #2 but lost to unranked Missouri.

1974 Went 9-3. Lost to unranked Missouri and unranked Wisconsin.

1976 Went 9-3-1. Lost to unranked Iowa State.

1977 Went 9-3. Lost to unranked Iowa State and unranked Washington State.

1978 Went 9-3. Nebraska was ranked #2 in the country and lost to unranked Missouri .

You same guys would have been calling for Coach Osborne's head too.

Thankfully TO had Devaney for his AD and BO has Osborne.

• Fire 5

I posted this in another thread, but I think it's worth it to make it's own thread.

How did Coach Osborne after he took over a powerhouse from Devaney?

1973 Went 9-2-1. Tied unranked Oklahoma State and Nebraska was ranked #2 but lost to unranked Missouri.

1974 Went 9-3. Lost to unranked Missouri and unranked Wisconsin.

1976 Went 9-3-. Lost to unranked Iowa State.

1977 Went 9-3. Lost to unranked Iowa State and unranked Washington State.

1978 Went 9-3. Nebraska was ranked #2 in the country and lost to unranked Missouri .

You same guys would have been calling for Coach Osborne's head too.

Thankfully TO had Devaney for his AD and BO has Osborne.

one of my worst days ever.

Bo and Dr. Tom are going nowhere....those people need to just get over it.

Agree!! Tom hand picked Bo, for a reason. To get this program back on track, and by the reaction after last weeks game, seems hes done that. The fans seem to think we should start rolling teams like the 70's and 90's again. Some seem to forget, that even Bob D was on the hot seat once, and this was the coach that pulled this train wreck of a program out of the ashes. Tom was handed a 9 or 10 win team, when he took over. Bob D and Bo weren't and both started off with winning seasons and a bowl invite. This staff and starting in a new conf, is a work in progress. Lets let them get their feet wet, before some of you have a stroke. Some of you wanted Mike Stoops as coach back then , are you the same ones calling for Bo's head ?

GBR!!!

Just playing devil's advocate, then explain Solich to me?

Do you want the "official" reason, or the unofficial? Officially, Frank had let recruiting slip. He didn't have the same ability to lead that staff as Osborne. He stuck with a bad hire (Bohl) far too long. And Pedey is an [Mod Edit]. Those are the "party line" reasons Frank was let go.

Unofficially, there were other reasons. But the above are the official explanation.

For the sake of once again playing devil's advocate, nobody knew that Osborne would coach such great teams in the '90's, and there's no guarantee that Bo will have the same success later in his career if he stays at Nebraska.

I'm by no means saying that I agree that Bo should be shown the door, because A) I have no idea who we'd replace him with that would actually be a big step up, and B) I doubt too many coaches would like the prospect of coaching at a school where your job's in danger everytime your team loses unless they're promised a lot more money than the University would be willing to give them. I'm just saying that it's not a completely irrational argument.

For the sake of once again playing devil's advocate, nobody knew that Osborne would coach such great teams in the '90's, and there's no guarantee that Bo will have the same success later in his career if he stays at Nebraska.

I'm by no means saying that I agree that Bo should be shown the door, because A) I have no idea who we'd replace him with that would actually be a big step up, and B) I doubt too many coaches would like the prospect of coaching at a school where your job's in danger everytime your team loses unless they're promised a lot more money than the University would be willing to give them. I'm just saying that it's not a completely irrational argument.

He turned the corner long before the 90's. His 1982 and 1983 teams were 12-1 and thisclose to winning it all!

He turned the corner long before the 90's. His 1982 and 1983 teams were 12-1 and thisclose to winning it all!

True, but the '90's were what most people consider the "dynasty" teams. Unfortunately, those teams in the '80s were probably forgotten by a lot of people (maybe even some Husker fans) because they were overshadowed by the '94, '95 and '97 teams.

How many people actually said he should be fired? I recall lots of concerns but let's keep in mind that there is a very small percentage that wants him fired. The whole thing is getting overblown. And now we have another thread....

Oh, I remember reading letters to the editor calling for Frank Solich to take over. Don't have a clue how many people felt that way but there was dis-satisfaction without a doubt.