Joe Paterno video from his lawn. You have to see this one.

I think a large portion of their fans are obviously delusional or have no morals. Here's an interesting quote from SI. Alex Fakhraee, you sir are a f'ing idiot. This crap has me fuming.

Alex Fakhraee, 19, of Ambler, Pa., said it might be time for the 84-year-old Paterno to go. But his concerns have more to do with the direction of the program under JoePa's leadership than the scandal.

"I'm sure it's going to affect our image in some way," Fakhraee said outside the union. "From what I know, he knew about it and he reported it. After that I feel it's not his obligation. He's just here to coach the football team."

Read more: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz1dB6oiWAv

[/left]

I've said this elsewheres but I'll reiterate it here as well. It's pretty easy for us as those not affected by this scandal to sit back here and show our lack of support and appall at those who can even think of supporting Joe Paterno. But he is to them what Tom Osborne is to us. It's pretty tough to say what I would do if the roles were reversed and this was Tom Osborne we were talking about instead of Joe Paterno

• Fire 1

huskeraddict,

Thanks, I know what you mean, I have mixed feelings on the video. First, I feel Jo Pa does feel for the victims as he mentioned, but in the next breath he yelling "We are Penn State."

Strange and disturbing..

I think a large portion of their fans are obviously delusional or have no morals. Here's an interesting quote from SI. Alex Fakhraee, you sir are a f'ing idiot. This crap has me fuming.

Alex Fakhraee, 19, of Ambler, Pa., said it might be time for the 84-year-old Paterno to go. But his concerns have more to do with the direction of the program under JoePa's leadership than the scandal.

"I'm sure it's going to affect our image in some way," Fakhraee said outside the union. "From what I know, he knew about it and he reported it. After that I feel it's not his obligation. He's just here to coach the football team."

Read more: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz1dB6oiWAv

[/left]

just curious, why did you pick this quote out of the 3, they were all pretty much the same, He's just a figure head, if he quits it would send a strong statement...reads like a one sided story to me.

That's what Liberal indoctrination does to minds that fathers haven't instilled any sort of morality in!!!!

Please stop posting this sh#t in every topic.

Hey since I checked last....you don't own this forum and are not a MOD....not to mention forums are for free speech expression. Truth be told its not in every topic. BUT ITS TRUE AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT...WAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAH. :rollin

I guess the truth hurts!!! chuckleshuffle

How do I know this.....I was born and raised in Nebraska, I have lived in Texas for 18 years and they don't put up with that kind of crap here!!!NOT even at UT!!!!

Well I am a mod and I can tell you to knock it off. It's derailing threads and there's a proper forum for it.

With all due respect sir,

This thread is about the idiots in from of Joe Pa's house, which is in my view similar to the wallstreet protesters if you listen to them! How am I "derailing" threads? I am sorry the only derailing is this guys feeling towards not agreeing with the comment. I did not bring up politics I brought up ideological thinking. By definition the two are two different.FWIW IMHO.

If you want to get down to the ultimate thing JoePa is supposed to do, and any other football coach for that matter, it is to win football games. Graduation rates and how people feel about you aside - winning football games is your ultimate litmus test.

That said, JoePa and anybody else who knew about this situation and did nothing...morally did not do their position justice. And in JoePa's case, his moral obligation is turn boys into men. What kind of a message does that send when you won't protect children subjected to a mad man?

Quite frankly, it's tough to believe that JoePa really did nothing in this situation despite knowing a member of his staff sexually assaulted a boy in the facilities. But all the evidence suggests he did. I just don't get it.

i was offended by this video, its disturbing that he can seem to find any joy/opportunity to smile in a moment during a scandal which is so strong and perverse. i have always respected Joe paterno enourmously...as much as T.O. this undid it for me. unfortunately, this video will be etched in my mind long past him being gone...probably the last thing ill remember about him. completely offended by those and fans and his feeding off their enthusiasm,,,

That's what Liberal indoctrination does to minds that fathers haven't instilled any sort of morality in!!!!

Wow. I think you need to turn off fox news and take a few chill pills.

Just to be fair and "balanced" FOX NEWS HASN'T HARDLY COVERED THIS STORY and talk radio for that matter, sports radio is covering better. Much to the chagrin of what I thought, the mainstream press is doing a better job at it than them. Sorry for upsetting people with my opinions.

They feel under attack and now they're circling the wagons. From an outside perspective we can see that they're wrong, and defending someone who probably did something illegal and immoral but put yourself in the shoes of a PSU fan. Not all of them have reacted this way but I understand those that did. Like I said, they're wrong but I can't blame some of them for feeling the way they do. Lets be honest, if this happened at your school or mine we'd want accountability, we'd want justice and then we'd want everyone to back the hell off.

Just to be fair and "balanced" FOX NEWS HASN'T HARDLY COVERED THIS STORY and talk radio for that matter, sports radio is covering better. Much to the chagrin of what I thought, the mainstream press is doing a better job at it than them. Sorry for upsetting people with my opinions.

Liberal indoctrination? What are you talking about and how does this impact the story?

I

Liberal indoctrination? What are you talking about and how does this impact the story?

We got to stick to the thread here per the Mods, I will PM you later

Kinda what I was thinking. This is a sick issue that can be done by anyone regardless to the spoken beliefs. I say spoken because no matter what side of the aisle you fall on I fail to believe that your interest is not for the country. That being said this type of behavior has no business being brought into politics.

I know most people say it after fact that he looked like a pediphile when someone gets caught. The fact of the matter is there really are few discriptors for what a molestor will be or look like.

On a side note - After thinking about the lawsuits that will be coming due to this alleged coverup, it makes sense that the Penn State brass decided to cancel the press conference yesterday. Watching his two impromptu press conferences Joe Pa is a loose cannon and may make the situation worse. The administration looked outside and saw hundreds of reporters instead of the usually Tuesday press conference 15 - 20 and pulled the plug. One would think they should have expected this kind of reaction but that would be giving them a lot of credit for common sense. In light of the leadership that has been shown throughout this case common sense should be the last thing we look for from Penn State.

Just to be fair and balanced, you were the one bringing up "liberal indoctrination" into a thread about football coaches sexually assaulting little boys. Well done, sir, well done.

1. All you light-bulbs should reread this thread first. It is about JoePa's statement from his house.

2. The quotation you are taken of me OUT OF CONTEXT WAS IN REFERENCE TO WHAT A STUDENT SAID THAT BEANMAN PUT UP!!!!Vavosos!!!

3. It is well documented that the majority of teachers and professors at most public schools/COLLEGES have liberal IDEOLOGIES.

4. Politics and ideologies are two different things, MORALITY comes from IDEOLOGY!!!

5. This is what I was trying to communicate concerning the students comment from above not HAVING ANY MORAL CLARITY NOT BRINGING POLITICS INTO IT!!!