Terrified, help me.

thequan

Honestly im not even pumped up for this game, usually im excited as hell, and it's not just because of our loss to NW, ya that brought me down but this whole situation just goes a lot farther than football itself, i hope this is all settled before our game but im almost postive it wont be, there are kids coming out left and right now, and i think the game will have a very weird atmosphere, i dont think the crowd will be amped, i think it will be very awkward for the announcers because im sure they just want to focus on the game but it will be nearly impossible to not bring up this situation, if Jo Pa is their that might be all we hear about, and i dont know how our players will react, im also worried psu could come out on fire to defend their school and rally behind Jo, but on the other hand i wouldnt be surprised if we come out on fire, and pissed for NW and beat the livin hell out of them..who knows, all i know is that i skipped class today in order to watch this story develop all day, this is history in the making

• Fire 1

This is something a football team can't rally around. You cannot justify somebody sitting idly by while someone is preying upon young boys and using the Penn State name while doing it. You just can't. Joe Paterno and Mike McQueary didn't harm any of the boys, but hell, they might as well have, by not doing anything. Makes me so f'ing sick to my stomach to see crap like this in college football.

And for the record, joe pa was never the saint many portrayed him to be.

• Fire 1

This is something a football team can't rally around. You cannot justify somebody sitting idly by while someone is preying upon young boys and using the Penn State name while doing it. You just can't. Joe Paterno and Mike McQueary didn't harm any of the boys, but hell, they might as well have, by not doing anything. Makes me so f'ing sick to my stomach to see crap like this in college football.

You would think, but plenty of the students are rallying easily enough.

I'll try to help. All you need is some perspective. No need to be terrified of losing a football game. It really doesn't matter. If you want to know something you should be terrified about, try putting yourself in the place of those 10-12 year old boys or their parents.

Thank You. P E R S P E C T I V E. We've all been on and off the cliff since Saturday then this crap. Maybe losing to Northwestern aint so bad after all.

I am absolutely terrified that Penn State is going to come out on fire, and Bo won't have our guys ready again this week. I know it's insanely pessimistic, but this is just the type of thing a fanbase and team can rally around. Everyone expects them to lose. They are in the ultimate "us against the world" situation. This is ignoring injuries to Rex and our thin D-Line of course, but for some reason this game scares the crap out of me.

Before the Northwestern game, I thought we could win out. Now I'm scared we will lose out. I'm usually an optimistic cat. Why the hell do I feel like this??! Help me out here!

I think split feelings. Some people including you (thequan) and me was the same feelings for above post. Yes, i'm worried. Remaining people said Penn State players will be a sleepwalking mode with no motivations, even possibly forfeit.

NU is in a no win situation. If they win, it is because of the scandal. If they lose, it's because Bo didnt have them prepared.

unfortunately, agreed

You would think, but plenty of the students are rallying easily enough.

Yeah...saw that on Sports Center last night. Bunch of students camped out on Paterno's lawn to support him. WTF??? I could maaaaaybe accept someone wishing to stay neutral under the whole "innocent until proven guilty thing" but I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone can come out in support of anything that has gone on there. That's just crazy to me.

Anyway...back to the topic...this game has such bizaro circumstances that I think its just about impossible to predict. They could rally, they could be completely down, we could be distracted, etc. This deals with much bigger things than a coach having his team up and prepared. I know I'm not up for it at all as a fan like I normally am.

To the op, and nothing else, I say we have a damn good chance at this one.

Our team is hungry after that last loss. The OL got called out and will hopefully come out with some passion. Martinez built up some more confidence. And every game played is another notch is Beck's belt for playcalling experience - and with experience comes wisdom (at least I hope...)

Their team is on an emotional roller coaster right now. Every kid on that team came to Penn to play for the legendary Paterno. Not one of them will tell you - they will all express their unconditional support - but every one of them is having some inner self doubt right now. Any sane person would. They are wondering if the allegations are true. And they are wondering that if they are, how and why am I playing for these people? Couple that with the potential of Paterno's last home game. And add to that every student, newspaper, and fan constantly asking these players for their opinions on the matter, and this is a distraction of epic proportions. Lastly, the game is at night, so the Penn team has all day to think about all of these implications.

Like I said, I like our chances.

The bottom line here is because of our hiccup against Northwestern we have no choice but to win this one on Saturday and the next two after that or we have no shot at the championship game. This game is going to be difficult I think no matter the state of mind of our opponent. Bo and our team need to be prepared to play a hard game get the win put it behind them and start getting ready for Michigan. Just my thoughts. GO BIG RED

Penn St

Opponents Combined Records 45-37 - Take off Alabama (their loss) & the record goes to 36-37

Total Points For - 196

Average Points Scored - 21.7

Total Points Against - 160

Average Points Against - 17.7

This is against (1) MVC team, (2) MAC teams, (1) SEC team & the 7, 8, 9, 10 & 12 teams in the Big 10. If the Huskers show up prepared for this game, it should be very winnable.