Fans thoughts on Joe Paterno coaching on Saturday...

TheMatador

He should absolutely not coach another game. The videos of him last night show that he isn't in touch with reality and doesn't accept the gravity of the situation. He has shown where his priorities are, and they definitely aren't with the victims.

Now I won't be traveling to State College on Saturday, but if I was, I would be genuinely worried about the scene there. Seriously, it might be anywhere from an absolute circus, to downright scary. Just step down RIGHT NOW Joe, for your players' sake and the program's sake.

Just imagine the flack PSU fans will get for the history of there program. People give us slack about Phillips, some PSU fan starts to talk smack and the opposing team just says at least my team doesn't rape little boys. It will be like that for them FOREVER. What a sad sad change in events. No, joe should not be there.

He should absolutely coach another game. The videos of him last night show that he isn't in touch with reality and doesn't accept the gravity of the situation. He has shown where his priorities are, and they definitely aren't with the victims.

I thought the fact that he was more worried about the image of his program than protecting innocent children from a monster very clearly showed where his priorities are.

Just imagine the flack PSU fans will get for the history of there program. People give us slack about Phillips, some PSU fan starts to talk smack and the opposing team just says at least my team doesn't rape little boys. It will be like that for them FOREVER. What a sad sad change in events. No, joe should not be there.

Not quite. Their team didn't do that.

It was an ex-coach.

Big difference.

He should absolutely coach another game. The videos of him last night show that he isn't in touch with reality and doesn't accept the gravity of the situation. He has shown where his priorities are, and they definitely aren't with the victims.

I thought the fact that he was more worried about the image of his program than protecting innocent children from a monster very clearly showed where his priorities are.

Well yeah, that goes without saying.

i can't believe people could be polarized on this, there is no relativism, morally it is black-and-white.

Exactly. You don't look the other way for 9 years when you know someone in your program was seen assaulting a young kid. There are no ifs, ands, or buts. Morally, ts as clear-cut as it goes.

you have to believe it would have been better if they would have stopped it at the onset. it would not have been good, but it would be better than this. that is what confuses me, why protect him? you can not keep that a secret forever. what did they gain from protecting a known pederast? it is illogical as it is immoral.

If JoePa wasn't told the sordid details then it's a big travesty that he's being forced to leave!

I can very well imagine a climate where he simply wasn't aware of the gory details..... and as such didn't pay attention to an ex-DC who had a shady reputation.

JoePa has been out of touch for a while now, so this might now come as a surprise esp. since it was not football related.

I know that the students will be fired up for this game. They obviously support Joe and will be ready to send him out in which they think he deserves, which is respect. I wouldn't be surprised if this were the loudest beaver stadium has been in awhile. I also wouldn't be surprised if there were 10,000 protestors outside the stadium.

the students that are rallying around him need to be read, aloud, the grand jury report. this is not the world against joepa, this is people who feel sick to their stomachs about the atrocities that were committed against the children.