Fans thoughts on Joe Paterno coaching on Saturday...

TheMatador

Unless you have link providing information I haven't seen, you are assuming JoePa knew the specifics of the rape.

No, absolutely not. I'm simply stating dry facts. I've stated them several times, but you either aren't reading those posts or you're ignoring them. Joe's indefensible actions (or lack thereof):

Doing the BARE MINIMUM he was required by law to do when reporting to his supervisor that "something" happened. We don't even need to define that "something" because the very fact he reported it up the chain of command means it was egregious enough to do so.

After this report, JoePa did NOTHING. No follow-up, no investigation, no call to Child Protective Services, nothing.

JoePa continued to allow a man who had been reported for doing "something" access to his campus, facilities and team, without supervision.

Those things alone are enough to warrant his immediate termination.

MJSkers mentioned that JoePa is probably focusing on the game for some reason of personal glory.

I read somewhere that if he coaches in the upcoming game, he will pass Amos Alanzo Stagg's record for coaching in the most games ever. Presently JoePa is tied with Stagg.

One must wonder about JoePa's priorities! :ahhhhhhhh

MJSkers mentioned that JoePa is probably focusing on the game for some reason of personal glory.

I read somewhere that if he coaches in the upcoming game, he will pass Amos Alanzo Stagg's record for coaching in the most games ever. Presently JoePa is tied with Stagg.

Paterno is currently tied with Stagg at 548 games coached. This weekend will be his 549th, giving him the "record."

However, it doesn't matter what happened throughout his career. From this point forward, barring some crazy out-of-the-blue testimony that completely totally exonerates him, Paterno will forever be linked with this hideous scandal. No record or stat will ever erase that.

Paterno is currently tied with Stagg at 548 games coached. This weekend will be his 549th, giving him the "record."

However, it doesn't matter what happened throughout his career. From this point forward, barring some crazy out-of-the-blue testimony that completely totally exonerates him, Paterno will forever be linked with this hideous scandal. No record or stat will ever erase that.

Not trying to defend the guy but it could happen. The truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.

Not trying to defend the guy but it could happen. The truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.

About the only thing that could exonerate him is if it comes out that he was actually dead this whole time and someone else was calling the shots in the program. That's far more likely than any exoneration.

• Fire 1

About the only thing that could exonerate him is if it comes out that he was actually dead this whole time and someone else was calling the shots in the program. That's far more likely than any exoneration.

Forgive me, I work in criminal defense.

• Fire 1

Unless you have link providing information I haven't seen, you are assuming JoePa knew the specifics of the rape.

JoePa admitted to it to a grand jury. He said today he wished he would have done more. Want to read the disgusting attorney general report that also states it....click here.

I've read it, and I just reread it. JoePa reported to Tim Curley that a GA witnessed Sandusky fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy. It says absolutely nothing about any specifics or knowing anything about rape.

Isn't there also a very fine line between child molestation and statutory rape? If rumors are true, didn't NU coaches cover this up?

You're on dangerous ground here. Facts or there will be consequences for this implication.

According to the Grand Jury, the only thing JoePa knew was that "fondling or something of sexual nature" occurred. Where is the facts behind JoePa knowing anything about a rape?

Isn't there also a very fine line between child molestation and statutory rape? If rumors are true, didn't NU coaches cover this up?

You're on dangerous ground here. Facts or there will be consequences for this implication.

According to the Grand Jury, the only thing JoePa knew was that "fondling or something of sexual nature" occurred. Where is the facts behind JoePa knowing anything about a rape?

Does it matter if he knew it was rape? If Paterno knew that a grown-ass man is showering with a boy he's not even related to, that should have been more than enough to set an alarm off in his head.

• Fire 1

You cannot be serious. JoePa knew there was "fondling or something of sexual nature" with a child, and you're quibbling about the word "rape?"

You cannot be serious. JoePa knew there was "fondling or something of sexual nature" with a child, and you're quibbling about the word "rape?"

Rape was your word. You said gun-----------------------rape, get some perspective. I don't think any of us are that far off. We're just pointing at different people. JoePa didn't witness it. He reported fondling or something of sexual nature. It's the GA now WR coach I have a huge problem with. He witnessed a friggin felony and didn't report it to the damn police. Who cares if he reported it to JoePa and the University. In my book he became an accomplice once he didn't report what he saw to the police. I just think the wrong coach is being thrown under the bus. This is all, and I'm done with this topic.

exactly. he knew enough to follow-up. here are some of the questions he should have asked: 1. what was sandusky's punishment. 2. what did sandusky do, exactly, to warrant such punishment. 3. did the punishment suffice. 4. is sandusky getting rehabilitated or some help for his disease.

• Fire 1

Yeah, he was like 28 at the time....This is the victim' mother's thoughts http://msn.foxsports...Sandusky-110811.

I'm responding directly to your statements about McQueary needing to blow up the shower. I'm just saying that even YOU probably wouldn't just jump in there and take on someone of Sandusky's build & rep. It's not like this was some anonymous 5'6" dude. McQueary must have been thinking a million things least of which was that he was employed by the U and probably didn't want to make huge waves. He probably figured that people higher up in the chain would take care of it appropriately.

Again... where he's wrong is that he let it slide for 9 years. His initial reaction I can totally agree with - after all the crime had already been committed.

That's a good point... a lot of people like to think they'd have acted differently in the same situation, but how do they know how they'd have acted?

The problem is that, as haunted by the incident as he may have been, he apparently wasn't haunted enough to call the cops.

I am pretty sure I would have reacted different after seeing an older man stuffing his thing in a child's back side. Think about that and let it sink in, I wouldn't run out and leave that kid in harm's way that is for damn sure.