Fans thoughts on Joe Paterno coaching on Saturday...

TheMatador

Unless you have link providing information I haven't seen, you are assuming JoePa knew the specifics of the rape.

JoePa admitted to it to a grand jury. He said today he wished he would have done more. Want to read the disgusting attorney general report that also states it....click here.

I've read it, and I just reread it. JoePa reported to Tim Curley that a GA witnessed Sandusky fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy. It says absolutely nothing about any specifics or knowing anything about rape.

Holy crap...you're actually acting like "fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy" is no big deal. Ridiculous does not even begin to explain this argument.

• Fire 1

Rape was your word. You said gun-----------------------rape, get some perspective. I don't think any of us are that far off. We're just pointing at different people. JoePa didn't witness it. He reported fondling or something of sexual nature. It's the GA now WR coach I have a huge problem with. He witnessed a friggin felony and didn't report it to the damn police. Who cares if he reported it to JoePa and the University. In my book he became an accomplice once he didn't report what he saw to the police. I just think the wrong coach is being thrown under the bus. This is all, and I'm done with this topic.

You are the one defending Paterno. Your words, "We don't know what JoePa knows or didn't know. However, it seems many are more than willing to throw him under the bus."

Yeah, I'm willing to throw him under the bus for failing to take EVERY CONCEIVABLE ACTION to prevent the "fondling or something of sexual nature" between a grown man and a child.

I completely agree with your analysis of McQueary. But have some decency and admit that Paterno is horribly complicit in this as well. Stop defending him, or castigating people for "throwing him under the bus."

According to the Grand Jury, the only thing JoePa knew was that "fondling or something of sexual nature" occurred. Where is the facts behind JoePa knowing anything about a rape?

You cannot be serious. JoePa knew there was "fondling or something of sexual nature" with a child, and you're quibbling about the word "rape?"

Rape was your word. You said gun-----------------------rape, get some perspective. I don't think any of us are that far off. We're just pointing at different people. JoePa didn't witness it. He reported fondling or something of sexual nature. It's the GA now WR coach I have a huge problem with. He witnessed a friggin felony and didn't report it to the damn police. Who cares if he reported it to JoePa and the University. In my book he became an accomplice once he didn't report what he saw to the police. I just think the wrong coach is being thrown under the bus. This is all, and I'm done with this topic.

Look, the GA did NOT do his part either to contact police. When JoePa found out, he didn't do his part. When the higher ups found out, they did not do their part. They ALL F'd up BIG time, and innocent children got screwed up for life. JoePa is the biggest name at Penn State, he continued to see this man and allow him in their facilities. He turned a blind eye to it, just like many others. The fact here is that JoePa is a legend there with a golden boy image, that's why he is getting such a bad rap. He has been in control of that football program for a long time, he's the face of it. He knew of something terrible under his watch and let it continue. Sure, he's not the only one at fault, but that's the deal when you have his job. Take the good with good and bad with bad.

Even with all this media coverage, I still felt ignorant yesterday about the facts of the Penn State case. So I went and read up on the grand jury report and downloaded the PDF. After the second case I was sick to my stomach and had to stop reading. I picked it back up a couple hours later and finished it out. These stories brought tears to my eyes, and rage into my heart. At first I regretted this decision because of what I now know, but realized that this is the kind of thing that makes us appreciate what we have (no matter how selfish that thought is).

The entire situation has forced me appreciate all of the amazing people Nebraska has been so blessed to have throughout the years. I know this is weird, and knowing the emotional state of these (now grown men) is most certainly destroyed forever by Paterno's decision, but the scandal at Penn State makes me proud to be a Husker.

Go Big Red.

JoePa said something to the effect of "we should pray for the victims" and professes to love his University. If this is true he should remove himself for this game and every game after. How egotistical do you have to be to not realize that your very presence is endangering everything you "profess" to love and care about. Removing himself from the game would immediately stop the talk of forfeiting the game.

Unless you have link providing information I haven't seen, you are assuming JoePa knew the specifics of the rape.

JoePa admitted to it to a grand jury. He said today he wished he would have done more. Want to read the disgusting attorney general report that also states it....click here.

I've read it, and I just reread it. JoePa reported to Tim Curley that a GA witnessed Sandusky fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy. It says absolutely nothing about any specifics or knowing anything about rape.

Yes, JoePa's testimony and McQuery's differ in that McQ claims he told JoePa in more detail than what JoePa now refers to as only "sexual in nature". 2 points; 1-Sexual in nature is enough description when you're talking about an older man and a little boy even if McQ didn't directly call it rape or use more description than he claims he did. 2- Doing as little as JoePa did about it, it is virtually impossible for him to now tell the truth of what McQ revealed to him because he knows it makes him culpable. Classic case of Paterno realizing he did not respond appropriately and now calling it only "sexual in nature" is probably the closest he can come to telling the truth. If he could claim he knew absolutely nothing about it and get away with it, I'm sure he would.

Yes, JoePa's testimony and McQuery's differ in that McQ claims he told JoePa in more detail than what JoePa now refers to as only "sexual in nature". 2 points; 1-Sexual in nature is enough description when you're talking about an older man and a little boy even if McQ didn't directly call it rape or use more description than he claims he did. 2- Doing as little as JoePa did about it, it is virtually impossible for him to now tell the truth of what McQ revealed to him because he knows it makes him culpable. Classic case of Paterno realizing he did not respond appropriately and now calling it only "sexual in nature" is probably the closest he can come to telling the truth. If he could claim he knew absolutely nothing about it and get away with it, I'm sure he would.

So would every other criminal, let's not just limit that to Joe.

Wow, so much for innocent until proven guilty. Man our society is way off base on where we, as a nation, began.

I don't believe half of what papers report anymore, because they want their ratings and will do whatever it takes to get them. So until JoPa is proven guilty on anything, he has the right to be with his team this Saturday and every other Sat (unless Penn state gives him admin leave until the verdict is in).

Wow, so much for innocent until proven guilty. Man our society is way off base on where we, as a nation, began.

I don't believe half of what papers report anymore, because they want their ratings and will do whatever it takes to get them. So until JoPa is proven guilty on anything, he has the right to be with his team this Saturday and every other Sat (unless Penn state gives him admin leave until the verdict is in).

How is he gonna be proven guilty? For the moment, Paterno isn't a suspect in the investigation and hasn't committed any crimes. Most people, myself included, are condemning him because he has admitted to knowing about these incidents and did nothing about them.