Penn State Scandal Thread

Eric the Red

More facts are continuing to come out. And none of them are good for Sandusky, Paterno or Penn State.

Exclusive: Jerry Sandusky interview prompts long-ago victims to contact lawyer

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Jerry Sandusky’s primetime television interview Monday led several potential victims to come forward and consider sharing their story, according to two State College attorneys.

Hearing his voice and his words proclaiming no wrong — while admitting he showered innocently with young boys — was a trigger for some who say they were abused by the former Penn State defensive coordinator. One said it went back to the 1970s, around the time Sandusky founded the charity that prosecutors say was his axis for finding victims.

10223840-large.jpg

“They’re literally processing it right in front of us,” attorney Andy Shubin said. “They have kept it from their families, moms, brothers and sisters. ... The folks we talked to are largely folks in their 20s, who in a lot of cases have never told their story before.”

wonder what will come of this:

“In some cases they have disclosed something in careful ways to people in positions of authority and they were not believed,” Andronici said. “They were, in some cases, scolded and silenced.”

Story breaking now about years of molestation by a Syracuse assistant basketball coach. Sounds similar to Penn State...allegations made years ago...school "looked into it"...etc. And reading the article it sounds like Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim knew what was going on.

http://sportsillustr...t2_a4&eref=sihp

This story sounds like a load of crap to me. One guy and his cousin or step-brother or whatever and nobody else coming forward. I don't think there's anything to this one and the accuser will get exposed.

Story breaking now about years of molestation by a Syracuse assistant basketball coach. Sounds similar to Penn State...allegations made years ago...school "looked into it"...etc. And reading the article it sounds like Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim knew what was going on.

This story sounds like a load of crap to me. One guy and his cousin or step-brother or whatever and nobody else coming forward. I don't think there's anything to this one and the accuser will get exposed.

Actually, the story says..."Recently, a second man contacted ESPN, alleging that Fine also molested him." One accuser only, OK, you might have to go, hmmm. But three? You have to investigate that. Apparently Syracuse is taking it seriously enough to put Fine on leave. You do have to wonder though, why contact ESPN? Why not the police?

[/left]

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) -- The NCAA has told Penn State it will examine how school officials handled a child sex abuse scandal that has shocked the campus and cost the school's former president and coach Joe Paterno their jobs. NCAA president Mark Emmert sent a letter to Penn State president Rod Erickson saying that the governing body for college sports will look at "Penn State's exercise of institutional control over its intercollegiate athletics programs" in the case of Jerry Sandusky, the former defensive coordinator accused of 40 counts of child sex abuse.

link

ncaa getting involved now. I hope they drop the hammer on PSU.

Actually, the story says..."Recently, a second man contacted ESPN, alleging that Fine also molested him." One accuser only, OK, you might have to go, hmmm. But three? You have to investigate that. Apparently Syracuse is taking it seriously enough to put Fine on leave. You do have to wonder though, why contact ESPN? Why not the police?

I thought the new guy that came out with it took the total to 2, not 3. And that second person was the original person's step-brother which leaves you scratching your head. I must have missed something. But anyway, yeah you have to take it seriously, but this one just has a lot more that leaves a lot of doubt in my mind than the PSU one does.