Penn State Scandal Thread

Eric the Red

God only knows why his attorney is letting him do this, but Sandusky is appearing on NBC tonight, interviewed by Bob Costas.

Jerry Sandusky to Bob Costas in exclusive 'Rock Center' interview: "I shouldn't have showered with those kids."

I really don't think I could watch this and not get sick. No explanation suffices for what he did.

Time and show? This is crazy

Speaking of Sandusky's lawyer. He choose the right person to represent him. He found a kinship with someone that comes from similar stock. Joe Amendola at the time in his late 40's impregnated at 17 year old girl (who he later married). I'm assuming no charges were filed since he still has his J.D. and the age of consent in PA is 16.

Link to the article: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/sandusky_lawyer_impregnated_teenage_7jKwQMCeBlm9RSdr9zeutK

Speaking of Sandusky's lawyer. He choose the right person to represent him. He found a kinship with someone that comes from similar stock. Joe Amendola at the time in his late 40's impregnated at 17 year old girl (who he later married). I'm assuming no charges were filed since he still has his J.D. and the age of consent in PA is 16.

Link to the article: http://www.nypost.co...eBlm9RSdr9zeutK

Sorry, I must be missing something... Did you just compare someone who is being investigated for sexual acts with children who were clearly minors and someone who had sex with and later married a teenager who was legally over the age of consent for that state?

Sorry, I must be missing something... Did you just compare someone who is being investigated for sexual acts with children who were clearly minors and someone who had sex with and later married a teenager who was legally over the age of consent for that state?

While what Sandusky did was worse, this guy was 48 at the time he got her pregnant. It's understandable that they're compared. Sometimes you have to look past what the law is.

I am. I fully believe a 16 year old is more than capable of making sexual decisions about his or her body.

Now, if you want to talk about whether there was an abuse of a position of trust (for which I believe some states do have laws) on moral or legal grounds, I'm game. But then, that was never mentioned, was it? It was all about age in that post.

Edit - Let me add that I assume said poster is not writing to that state, and any of the others with ages of consent set to 16, and trying to get that law changed to 18 or whatever he/she thinks it should be. Or trying to get a law instituted about 40+ year olds not being allowed to have sex with someone younger, but of legal consenting age, if they want to.

No, they probably just came to the forum to whine.

So McQueary says he did stop the act in the shower, not physically (though i can't imagine how you can stop something like that without using some kind of physicality). He also states that he told police, which contradicts the reports and testimonies.

Who wants to vote bullpies on McQueary's side of the story? I sure do.

If I was getting death threats I'd change my story too to make myself look like a hero.

Obviously Mr. Smarty pants you didn't read the WHOLE STORY. So picking up 16 year old girls, when you are 50, with no FATHER or male support, then getting them emancipated from there mother, all because you are a lawyer and you know the LAW, while the mother thought you were a mentor is ok? But its OK? You are pretty sick!!! Yeah lets go shoot bunnies and Bambi with a grenade launcher because its "Legal" pretty brilliant Watson. So you would condone 12 year old boys getting banged by 50 year old guys if that was legal too? You are the kinda of guy who needs the law to tell you how to act. :lame:rollin:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Obviously Mr. Smarty pants you didn't read the WHOLE STORY. So picking up 16 year old girls, when you are 50, with no FATHER or male support, then getting them emancipated from there mother, all because you are a lawyer and you know the LAW, while the mother thought you were a mentor is ok? But its OK? You are pretty sick!!! Yeah lets go shoot bunnies and Bambi with a grenade launcher because its "Legal" pretty brilliant Watson. So you would condone 12 year old boys getting banged by 50 year old guys if that was legal too? You are the kinda of guy who needs the law to tell you how to act. :lame:rollin:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

When I'm 50 I'll have to do everything without Father support.

When I'm 50 I'll have to do everything without Father support.

Explain in more detail grasshopper!

greggdoyelcbs Gregg Doyel

I have 2 students telling me they were told by PSU profs that Joe Pa statue will go down. Is that "news"? No. It's me, relating what I heard

greggdoyelcbs Gregg Doyel

Last update: PSU professors have told students it's a done deal: Paterno statue going down over Thanksgiving

By no means am I comparing the two events. For starters one is illegal and one is not. The parallel IMO that can be made is they are both morally wrong. When you have a girl that is 16 or 17 she is not near the stage physically or mentally of a 48 year old man. This guy preyed on what the girls mother thought was a mentoring relationship and and had a baby with her. I guess some may find it admirable that a 48 year old man stepped up and did the right thing by marrying a girl that he impregnated out of wedlock that was 17.

I see you point maybe if the girl was 17 and the boy was 19 or 20. In this case we are talking more than a 30 year difference.

I think a similar question that has been asked to Paterno and others at Penn State applies here. If this was your 17 year old daughter would you find it o.k. for a 48 year old man to have sex with, impregnate, and marry because the 17 year old is legal an adult.