How do NU fans travelling to Penn St for game feel about their safety?

I'll be attending the game, any and all Husker brethren are more than welcome to stop by my truck before the game. That being said, while I won't be looking for trouble before during or afterwards, I will not tolerate any ass hattery. (yeah it's a new adverb)

You are awesome! I thought i was the only person to ever say ass hattery. haha. plus your signature is amazing!

I'll be attending the game, any and all Husker brethren are more than welcome to stop by my truck before the game. That being said, while I won't be looking for trouble before during or afterwards, I will not tolerate any ass hattery. (yeah it's a new adverb)

You are awesome! I thought i was the only person to ever say ass hattery. haha. plus your signature is amazing!

Been saying it for years. LINK

I havent thought about selling my tickets( unless i get offered a good amount over what i payed) I will be there to support the huskers.

This has nothing to do with nebraksa or its fans so we shouldnt be in harms way, however i will be cautious to the high levels of emotion that will be flowing this saturday.

Me and my family are heading to Happy Valley for the game this weekend. Anybody else plan on going and if so, would love to tailgate with some Husker fans!

Where will you be tailgating? I'll be parked in the Orange section, as far as the stadium I'll be in the WFU section, row 63.

Been saying it for years. LINK

hahaha. one more reason why you're awesome knapp.

Here is a poll expressing the opinion of Husker fans concerns about the Penn St. game

http://huskerextra.c...bb4efad5e7.html

About 40% are not going but are concerned about those who are.

There is always going to be a certain amount of verbal jabs and trash talking, if cooler heads prevail and we keep it about football and leave the surrounding events out of it things should be fine. The last thisn anyone needs is some drunken fool fueling the fire. The events that occurred are tragic certainly, if we can only keep the focus of this game about football and not everything else it should minimize any unecessary ass-hattery! :moreinteresting

Me and my family are heading to Happy Valley for the game this weekend. Anybody else plan on going and if so, would love to tailgate with some Husker fans!

Where will you be tailgating? I'll be parked in the Orange section, as far as the stadium I'll be in the WFU section, row 63.

We were planning on parking in Lot 23 since our seats our in the NKU Section, row 73.

Here are what fans are saying on one of the Penn State message boards:

"I'm a student. Anger is directed towards Spanier, the BOT and the media, not Nebraska. If I see any Nebraska fans on Saturday, I'll thank them for making the trip, just as I have with every visitor I've seen for any other team"

"yup, gonna have a beer with them and hopefully talk some football with them. i think nebraska fans will get a warm welcome. our team might not be very welcoming of their team though. they're going to want to hit someone really bad and i'm guessing the feeling will be mutual."

"As a student I can tell you I don't expect any problems. We are just extremely upset at the media and spanier. The only people that would have to worry about their safety at the game would be those crazy Westboro Baptist people, I wouldnt be surprised if that caused a problem."

"Yep, I for one will be thanking any Nebraska fan that is there, and if I see anybody giving them a hard time, they will have deal with me....and I am not in good mood right now."

GBR!