*** Official Penn State Game Discussion Thread *** Read first post before posting

knapplc

I'm getting to sound like a broken record but Husker fans with memories of some sure drops by Niles Paul are just crapping on our receivers too much and forgetting what a drop is.

When you are open for a catch and you let an on-target ball go right through your hands, that's a drop. There are some good examples of this. I think Burkhead last year vs Texas would have been a good example.

When you are just barely able to make contact with the ball with both hands and don't bring it in, because you are making a big adjustment to reach the ball or because defenders are making contact, it's not a drop. For goodness sake, one time our receiver was full on laying out to try to reach the ball. He should get credit for nearly making an incredible play, but instead he gets his ass ridden for a "drop."

Kind of reminds me of playing old versions of Madden, where every time a defender makes any kind of pass breakup, announcers would come on and talk about how the defender 'dropped the interception.' Because there are 20 of those every game >_>

---

Basically, if actually getting the completion would have involved a "spectacular catch", I don't think you can call it a drop.