Game ball goes to...

Compton has quietly had a series of good games. Solid plays, plays when we needed them. He's growing, clearly.

His growth makes me feel a little more comfortable about losing Lavonte next year.

Did we get any of those records you brought up in another post earlier today? Don't remember where I saw them...

Taylor played good, but no way can I give him an offensive game ball over Rex. Rex straight manned it today. Many times he ended up gaining 7-10 yards on a run and that was because he carried 2-4 PSU defenders on his back for five yards. The guy ran tough today and he blocked TWO guys on Abdullah's TD. How many times can any of NU's offensive linemen even say that.

Defensively, it is Lavonte's again. He is all man. The only person that could make an arguement for the Butkis award other than Lavonte is Luke Kuechly from BC, and Lavonte I believe is a hair better.

Maher won the battle of the two Ray Guy/Groza canidates today. The guy has been pretty clutch all year.