Can someone please explain what our offensive identity is?

The Duke

First of all for the record I have been a Husker fan for over 20 plus years. Also for the record I am more than happy that we won today against Penn State. Anytime you can get a win on the road against an 8-1 team, I would take that every day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

However, I am starting to get very baffled at our offense. It still looks like we are a "grab bag offense." It seriously looks like we are pulling plays from a hat instead of having a true identity or philosophy.

So can someone please explain what our offensive identity is? Or at least explain where Tim Beck is trying to take our offensive in the future?

Thank you for all who respond. Go Big Red!

I have no idea, but I get confused as to why we don't see the diamond formation anymore? We haven't seen it since Michigan State correct? It's very hard for any team to stop that.

Ran it at least four times today. PSU was just blowing up the guard/center gaps with fury, and blowing up those gaps when the diamond was ran really hurt the chance of success.

I have no idea, but I get confused as to why we don't see the diamond formation anymore? We haven't seen it since Michigan State correct? It's very hard for any team to stop that.

Ran it at least four times today. PSU was just blowing up the guard/center gaps with fury, and blowing up those gaps when the diamond was ran really hurt the chance of success.

Well obviously I missed it, I was at work and had to switch back-and-forth between our game and the Iowa game. Had an Iowa fan in the room...............

I agree BIGREDIOWAN. That formation was extremely effective against Ohio State. And I did see us use it once today against Penn State, but that was about it. To me it just doesn't seem like there is a method to Tim Beck's playcalling. I doesn't seem like we have a concept of having one play set up another play, and so on and so forth. Don't get me wrong he called a great game against Ohio State & Michigan State, but if you look at the season as a whole I just don't see where he or the coaching staff is trying to take this offense just yet.