Aaron is a good kid, loves Jesus and has a good head on his shoulders, but you could see this in high school too, he struggles with humility big-time. I don't blame him, as I'm sure he's had people telling him how great he is all his life, but he sure thinks highly of himself and it doesn't seem he's ever had to really learn patience until now.

lol, He loves Jesus,but has a humility problem? That is interesting. Also okay the kid was what a 4 or 5 star running back and just has not panned out. Abdullah was nobody and came in here and is contributing. Heard is contributing. It happens the 4 or 5 star players get to college and go ooh crap these guys are for real. Look at sexy rexy. He came in and destroyed his freshman year. Heard from any other running backs? If he leaves it opens up another scholarship for next year. sorry my SEC way of thinking is all.

Is this a joke? He is a freshman, how can you already say he "just has not panned out"?

Look at sexy rexy. He came in and destroyed his freshman year.

He injured his foot for half of his freshman year. His freshman year he had 81 carries for 346 yards. Of course Aaron Green isn't going to see close to that amount due to the fact that he is splitting the backup role with Heard and Abdullah. As i have already stated in another thread, Brown and Beck have done well to spread the rock evenly between those 3 freshmen.

Aaron is a good kid, loves Jesus and has a good head on his shoulders, but you could see this in high school too, he struggles with humility big-time. I don't blame him, as I'm sure he's had people telling him how great he is all his life, but he sure thinks highly of himself and it doesn't seem he's ever had to really learn patience until now.

lol, He loves Jesus,but has a humility problem? That is interesting. Also okay the kid was what a 4 or 5 star running back and just has not panned out. Abdullah was nobody and came in here and is contributing. Heard is contributing. It happens the 4 or 5 star players get to college and go ooh crap these guys are for real. Look at sexy rexy. He came in and destroyed his freshman year. Heard from any other running backs? If he leaves it opens up another scholarship for next year. sorry my SEC way of thinking is all.

Is this a joke? He is a freshman, how can you already say he "just has not panned out"?

Exactly.

From what I've watched of Green he looks the best of the fab3. Go back and watch the limited runs that he had and compare that to what Ameer and Braylon have done from the LOS.

Green is that type of back who needs reps to get hot. Unfortunately this staff has found every which way possible to hamstring his development like they have Jamal's.

• Fire 1

In Rex's freshman year he had 81 carries and 3 TD's as the undisputed #2 back. Roy Helu had 220 carries and 10 TD's and the rest of the halfbacks on the team combined for 57 carries and 1 TD for a total of 512 carries and 14 TD's by the backs over 14 games. 12 players (Backs, Wideouts, QB's etc.) had at least one rushing attempt.

This season through 10 games Rex is playing the Roy Helu role as the #1 back with 212 carries and 14 TD's and the rest of the team not counting Heard, Abdulah and Green have a combined 12 carries and 0 TD's and 11 total players (Backs, Wideouts, QB's etc.) have at least one rushing attempt.

The non freshmen backs are barely getting any work this year unlike when Rex was the freshman... the difference is that instead of one talented freshman back who solidified himself as the #2 back, we have three freshmen and none of them have broken away from the pack at all.

Right now through the Penn State game

Braylon Heard has 25 carries for 114 yards and 1 TD

Ameer Abdulah has 24 carries for 97 yards and 1 TD

And Aaron Green has 21.carries for 97 yards and 2 TD's.

All 3 have right around 100 yards but Heard and Green are averaging .6 more yards per carry than Abdulah while Green is the only one of the three without a rush for over 20 yards.

They are virtually identical in the amount of touches they get and the production they are giving and as a group are getting virtually the exact amount of touches Burkhead got as the #2 back his freshman year behind Helu.

Again the only differences is that Burkhead was the only #2 back that year after Castile left the team while 3 guys are sharing it this year.

None of the three wanted to red shirt, all said they wanted to complete and all are solid freshman backs but none of them have broken from the pack. Until one does they are going to continue to get equal reps and if Green doesn't like it than that's on him.

The only thing keeping Aaron Green from having 40-50 touches right now is the simple fact that he hasn't separated himself as the clear cut #2 back. (and that goes the same for the other two as well)

• Fire 3

In Rex's freshman year he had 81 carries and 3 TD's as the undisputed #2 back. Roy Helu had 220 carries and 10 TD's and the rest of the halfbacks on the team combined for 57 carries and 1 TD for a total of 512 carries and 14 TD's by the backs over 14 games. 12 people (Backs, Wideouts, QB's etc.) had at least one rushing attempt.

This season through 10 games Rex is playing the Roy Helu role as the #1 back with 212 carries and 14 TD's and the non freshmen backups have a combined 12 carries and 0 TD's.

The non freshmen backs are barely getting any work this year unlike when Rex was the freshman... the difference is that instead of one talented freshman back who solidified himself as the #2 back, we have three freshmen and none of them have broken away from the pack at all.

Right now through the Penn State game

Braylon Heard has 25 carries for 114 yards and 1 TD

Ameer Abdulah has 24 carries for 97 yards and 1 TD

And Aaron Green has 21.carries for 97 yards and 2 TD's.

All 3 have right around 100 yards but Heard and Green are averaging .6 more yards per carry than Abdulah while Green is the only one of the three without a rush for over 20 yards.

They are virtually identical in the amount of touches they get and the production they are giving and as a group are getting virtually the exact amount of touches Burkhead got as the #2 back his freshman year behind Helu.

Again the only differences is that Burkhead was the only #2 back that year after Castile left the team while 3 guys are sharing it this year.

None of the three wanted to red shirt, all said they wanted to complete and all are solid freshman backs but none of them have broken from the pack. Until one does they are going to continue to get equal reps and if Green doesn't like it than that's on him.

If Burkhead was not injured for 5 weeks during his freshman season, he probably would have had well over 100 carries in the season. Might have been sitting around 120 - 130 carries.

Good sidenote is that Green has yet to be tackled for a loss.

Time to shut down twitter for players.

Yes, we really need North Korea levels of control over all aspects of student athlete's lives. I am sure that everyone who's annoyed by players saying anything besides the usual PR friendly lines at pressers and interviews was a perfectly disciplined robot in their college years, had no trouble adjusting their first year, and has never been disappointed by things not working exactly like you planned.

No one is saying they can't have an opinion or be upset, but it is all about the methodology. Airing frustrations via facebook or twitter where many many folks can see does not typically lead to a productive situation. If he is frustrated or upset, he should speak with his friends and family, and discuss his frustrations with the coaches. That is a productive method for voicing frustration. Passive-aggressive social media postings do not lead to any sort of productive resolution. The internet is written in ink, and spouting off to fans, friends, lurkers, etc. when you are pissed about something will typically end poorly. Twitter can be a good tool, but can also be a destructive force.

This is pretty simple for Green, although perhaps he doesn't realize it. If he's frustrated with the way things are going, work harder and get better. If he wants more PT, work harder and get better. If he wants to be the guy who the coaches turn to and make more of the 'clear' number two back, work harder and get better. The player and the player alone is responsible for what kind of action they see on the field. The coaches aren't going to play favorites - they're going to play whoever had the best weeks in practice as they have made quite obvious over the last several years.

Maybe the whole comparing Rex's freshman year to the 3 freshmen's freshman year isn't fair..... I don't know the numbers and am too lazy to research it.....but I am assuming that no matter who the "true" #2 back is this year, he wouldn't come close to Rex's carries.

It comes down to the QB...... When Rex was a feshman, wasn't Zac Lee the QB....not neccesarily the "running" QB that Taylor is. I am guessing since T-Mart is quickly moving up the all-time charts for total offense at QB, that his versitility alone has taken away carries from ALL backs..

Helu also wasn't alway healthy, thus forcing Rex to carry to load a little... I remember both he and Helu being hurt at the same time....

Rex freshman year = no "running qb" and playing behind a guy who wasn't totally healthy

This year = "duel threat - running qb" and playing behind a relative "healthy" rb who is by far BETTER than everyone else.

*** I am sure that I am wrong and someone will do the research for me and prove that....because as I said, I am too lazy and kind of "speculating"..... basically talking out of my a$$..... but this is my thought process on why you can't compare Rex as a freshman to the 3 we have now..... It is about circumstance, not coaches "hamstringing" players

Zac Lee was the starter, not Taylor.

And we must not forget that Burkhead was also hit with the injury bug his freshman year. He missed five or six weeks because of a broken foot.

Yes..... I realized the "wrong" Zac as soon as I posted it and changed it..... i am an idiot... I was hoping I changed it before anyone read it..... damn

Yes, we really need North Korea levels of control over all aspects of student athlete's lives. I am sure that everyone who's annoyed by players saying anything besides the usual PR friendly lines at pressers and interviews was a perfectly disciplined robot in their college years, had no trouble adjusting their first year, and has never been disappointed by things not working exactly like you planned.

No one is saying they can't have an opinion or be upset, but it is all about the methodology. Airing frustrations via facebook or twitter where many many folks can see does not typically lead to a productive situation. If he is frustrated or upset, he should speak with his friends and family, and discuss his frustrations with the coaches. That is a productive method for voicing frustration. Passive-aggressive social media postings do not lead to any sort of productive resolution. The internet is written in ink, and spouting off to fans, friends, lurkers, etc. when you are pissed about something will typically end poorly. Twitter can be a good tool, but can also be a destructive force.

Point is he's what, 19 years old and made a comment? Who cares?

It's funny how quickly people jump all over this stuff as though the players are not human beings with opinions and feelings. Like last year with T-Mart...I don't even remember what it was, maybe one sentence of locker room hearsay and everyone was ready to condemn him. To my knowledge, not even coaches like Kelly and Saban who are well known to micromanage everything bar players from using social media.

Point is he's what, 19 years old and made a comment? Who cares?

It's funny how quickly people jump all over this stuff as though the players are not human beings with opinions and feelings. Like last year with T-Mart...I don't even remember what it was, maybe one sentence of locker room hearsay and everyone was ready to condemn him. To my knowledge, not even coaches like Kelly and Saban who are well known to micromanage everything bar players from using social media.

Yes, he is a kid, and will ultimately have to learn from his mistakes. There are many teams with a twitter ban, I believe LSU has one.