You guys are looking way too far into this. I have no problem with his tweets about missing his family and his other comments. If you would read both sides of the conversation with Aaron and ryanscharf, it's no big deal.

To me, he is clearly still 100% into being a Husker. He sent this tweet below about wanting to go to the Rose Bowl after all that family stuff. Then some idiot tweeted to him, and Aaron tweeted back to him. He obviously loves where he's at. IMO, he has said nothing for this thread to start.

AGreen_2 Aaron Green

Wanna go to the Bowl of Roses man:(

dlrn64 dougnorman

@AGreen_2 Huskers don't deserve Rose Bowl invite if they can't even beat an avg Northwestern team At HOME!!! Wis would win again prob

AGreen_2 Aaron Green

@dlrn64 dont talk about my team, we all mess up will be back

No worries, he'll be able use his redshirt next year. One of the three will surely be redshirted next year.

Has that ever happened? A true freshman getting redshirted his sophomore year or later that wasn't due to injury?

Virginia Tech intended to do that with Tyrod Taylor and have Sean Glennon at qb for his senior season... then they lost to East Carolina and burned his redshirt.

Well Aaron is very justified in this situation.

This is speculation as we havent seen him in practice.

And even if the feeling is justified for him, it doesnt justify him opening his mouth about it. Hes not the coach. Freedom of speech does not apply.

There are more times I wanted to curse out my superiors in my years in the service than I can count, headbutt out their teeth while they were yelling in my face, but did I ever? HELL NO. Respect for authority. I shouldnt even have to explain this one.

Situation isn't even close to the same, I shouldn't have had to explain that.

You must be an overweight has-been that has never served and cant see a comparison when its right in front of you. I shouldnt have to explain that.

Personal attacks are not allowed at huskerboard.com, your warning level has been increased and a PM has been sent. Folks attack the post, not the poster!

Rex was a different animal coming in his freshman year. He looked like a college back. These freshmen need at least a year to mature physically. It's nothing to be ashamed of but they need to realize they just have to "grow" into the role a little more. Take the time to learn the playbook and work on technique, vision, blocking....the rest will fall into place.

Aaron is a solid kid. Andrew will keep him in check as will Ron Brown. NO worries, he will not leave. I think twitter is a way to vent for these kids. Unfortunately, when I was that age, I could spout off impulsive comments and there was never any proof other than the folks that heard me. Now with Twitter, FB, Youtube etc.......commnets are instant, you can't take them back and they are there for everyone to see. They are also void of context prior to and after the comments, inflection, body language, tone etc.......

Green will be here next year.

Everyone comparing the number of carries Rex had as a freshman to Aaron Green's carries needs to stop. Green came in as part of a three-headed monster of really talented running backs and Rex came in alone. Take away Heard and Abdullah and give all those carries to Green and they're about comparable. Green just had bad luck to come in with a recruiting class full of capable guys. Rex was pretty much alone.

Everyone comparing the number of carries Rex had as a freshman to Aaron Green's carries needs to stop. Green came in as part of a three-headed monster of really talented running backs and Rex came in alone. Take away Heard and Abdullah and give all those carries to Green and they're about comparable. Green just had bad luck to come in with a recruiting class full of capable guys. Rex was pretty much alone.

So you compare his carries to Rex's after saying it needs to stop?

I gave an explanation for why it wasn't a valid comparison.

Which is exactly what the comparisons earlier in the thread did.

I don't recall a post in the thread talking about the Freshmen splitting carries three ways while Rex didn't split carries with any other Freshmen during his Freshmen year. Can you show that to me?

I don't get where you're coming from. I made a valid point that Rex didn't split carries with anyone in his recruiting class and Heard/Abdullah/Green are.

In Rex's freshman year he had 81 carries and 3 TD's as the undisputed #2 back. Roy Helu had 220 carries and 10 TD's and the rest of the halfbacks on the team combined for 57 carries and 1 TD for a total of 512 carries and 14 TD's by the backs over 14 games. 12 players (Backs, Wideouts, QB's etc.) had at least one rushing attempt.

This season through 10 games Rex is playing the Roy Helu role as the #1 back with 212 carries and 14 TD's and the rest of the team not counting Heard, Abdulah and Green have a combined 12 carries and 0 TD's and 11 total players (Backs, Wideouts, QB's etc.) have at least one rushing attempt.

The non freshmen backs are barely getting any work this year unlike when Rex was the freshman... the difference is that instead of one talented freshman back who solidified himself as the #2 back, we have three freshmen and none of them have broken away from the pack at all.

Right now through the Penn State game

Braylon Heard has 25 carries for 114 yards and 1 TD

Ameer Abdulah has 24 carries for 97 yards and 1 TD

And Aaron Green has 21.carries for 97 yards and 2 TD's.

All 3 have right around 100 yards but Heard and Green are averaging .6 more yards per carry than Abdulah while Green is the only one of the three without a rush for over 20 yards.

They are virtually identical in the amount of touches they get and the production they are giving and as a group are getting virtually the exact amount of touches Burkhead got as the #2 back his freshman year behind Helu.

Again the only differences is that Burkhead was the only #2 back that year after Castile left the team while 3 guys are sharing it this year.

None of the three wanted to red shirt, all said they wanted to complete and all are solid freshman backs but none of them have broken from the pack. Until one does they are going to continue to get equal reps and if Green doesn't like it than that's on him.

The only thing keeping Aaron Green from having 40-50 touches right now is the simple fact that he hasn't separated himself as the clear cut #2 back. (and that goes the same for the other two as well)

Bo Pelini or Ron Brown should print off this post and read it to the RB room in their next meeting. This is the most well thought out post I've read on this board in a long time (aside from the "fire Pelini, we suck!!!" at the halftime of the Ohio State game :sarcasm )

In Rex's freshman year he had 81 carries and 3 TD's as the undisputed #2 back. Roy Helu had 220 carries and 10 TD's and the rest of the halfbacks on the team combined for 57 carries and 1 TD for a total of 512 carries and 14 TD's by the backs over 14 games. 12 players (Backs, Wideouts, QB's etc.) had at least one rushing attempt.

This season through 10 games Rex is playing the Roy Helu role as the #1 back with 212 carries and 14 TD's and the rest of the team not counting Heard, Abdulah and Green have a combined 12 carries and 0 TD's and 11 total players (Backs, Wideouts, QB's etc.) have at least one rushing attempt.

The non freshmen backs are barely getting any work this year unlike when Rex was the freshman... the difference is that instead of one talented freshman back who solidified himself as the #2 back, we have three freshmen and none of them have broken away from the pack at all.

Right now through the Penn State game

Braylon Heard has 25 carries for 114 yards and 1 TD

Ameer Abdulah has 24 carries for 97 yards and 1 TD

And Aaron Green has 21.carries for 97 yards and 2 TD's.

All 3 have right around 100 yards but Heard and Green are averaging .6 more yards per carry than Abdulah while Green is the only one of the three without a rush for over 20 yards.

They are virtually identical in the amount of touches they get and the production they are giving and as a group are getting virtually the exact amount of touches Burkhead got as the #2 back his freshman year behind Helu.

Again the only differences is that Burkhead was the only #2 back that year after Castile left the team while 3 guys are sharing it this year.

None of the three wanted to red shirt, all said they wanted to complete and all are solid freshman backs but none of them have broken from the pack. Until one does they are going to continue to get equal reps and if Green doesn't like it than that's on him.

The only thing keeping Aaron Green from having 40-50 touches right now is the simple fact that he hasn't separated himself as the clear cut #2 back. (and that goes the same for the other two as well)

I gave an explanation for why it wasn't a valid comparison.

Which is exactly what the comparisons earlier in the thread did.

I don't recall a post in the thread talking about the Freshmen splitting carries three ways while Rex didn't split carries with any other Freshmen during his Freshmen year. Can you show that to me?

I don't get where you're coming from. I made a valid point that Rex didn't split carries with anyone in his recruiting class and Heard/Abdullah/Green are.