Just thinking about Brett Maher's great year and that reminded me of Aaron Green's situation. Maher is a great example for anyone sitting behind a better player. It sucks to ride the bench, but you have to earn your way on the field. Who knew when Alex Henery was demolishing kicking records and otherwise looking awesomtastic the last couple of years that we had Maher, who so far looks like Henery's clone out there, sitting behind him?

Green may be the next Great Husker Running Back... but he's still an underclassmen. And there is no shame in losing reps to a guy like Burkhead. So hopefully Aaron and any other guy looking for meaningful snaps looks no further than Maher for an example of how to handle the situation. Wait your turn, work hard, and when it's your turn, give 'em hell.

In time, I think Aaron could be a huge contributor. If he dedicates himself in the offseason and the rest of the offense really gels, this could be the beginning of a really explosive offense. So many players have sat and heard nothing from until an injury or a transfer thrusts them into major playing time and that player shines brightly. The key is staying motivated and being ready for your moment. I know it's hard, I get it, I was 19 once, but staying dedicated and motivated will pay huge dividends down the line.

@AGreen_2 Aaron Green

spongebob is my favorite show everyone! goodness chill stop starting rumors im at Nebraska for a reason so STOP! smh trip me out man lol#GBR

That's a comforting tweet!

What are the odds that someone starts a thread about Spongebob being AG's favorite show? Seriously, it wouldn't surprise me--in view of some of the recent stuff on this board.