Objectively……..What few teams CAN’T we compete with….??

Comish

Oklahoma State, Clemson, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Oregon, Stanford, Arkansas, LSU, Alabama, UGA.

That's just stupid. We beat Oklahoma State in their house last year and lost by 3 to Oklahoma with a gimpy QB (had a big lead on them at halftime before Martinez got hurt again too) but now we couldn't compete with them?

The ONLY team on that list we have no chance to beat is Oregon. Horrible matchup for us. Other than that we could beat any one of those teams - including Wisconsin.

Hey, the thread asked "Objectively" what teams can't NU compete with... coming from someone that's not a NU homer...I'm being objective. I don't think a team that lost to a 3-5 team at home can beat the elite teams in the nation...and the Huskers have already proven they can't hang with Wisconsin. There is little room for debate in as lopsided a defeat as they suffered in Madison.

I said it to you before badger fan and I will say it again, I believe Tmart gave that game away with 3 ints in 12 plays. that made a huge difference to what we did the rest of the game. If we stayed with what worked in the first quarter onto the second than that game would have been closer. I blame it on a sophmore that tried putting it on his shoulders, and he is a complete different QB than he was in Madison. I am not saying we win next time but def woud be closer which means "Objectively" WE CAN COMPETE.

t

Oklahoma State, Clemson, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Oregon, Stanford, Arkansas, LSU, Alabama, UGA.

That's just stupid. We beat Oklahoma State in their house last year and lost by 3 to Oklahoma with a gimpy QB (had a big lead on them at halftime before Martinez got hurt again too) but now we couldn't compete with them?

The ONLY team on that list we have no chance to beat is Oregon. Horrible matchup for us. Other than that we could beat any one of those teams - including Wisconsin.

Hey, the thread asked "Objectively" what teams can't NU beat... coming from someone that's not a NU homer...I'm being objective. I don't think a team that lost to a 3-5 team at home can beat the elite teams in the nation...and the Huskers have already proven they can't hang with Wisconsin. There is little room for debate in as lopsided a defeat as they suffered in Madison.

I would refer you to last years Nebraska-Washington two game series. That second game can have a competely different outcome. The first NU-Wash game was just as bad as this years NU-Wisc. No one in their right mind thought Washington had a chance in game two.

There seems to be a long standing theory on this board that has been accepted as truth...that theory being that rematches somehow favor the earlier game's loser. While Nebraska history may seem to prove this true records for teams across college football prove that the winner of the first game is far more likely to win the second, Wisconsin would beat Nebraska easily in a second game.

I really don't know the board's theory on rematches, I know that normally the better team will win, be it game two, three or ten. I just also know that using that earlier NU-WIsc game blowout as an example has a direct comparison from last year. Nebraska was as much better than Washington (maybe more so at that point in the season) than Wisc was than Neb this year. That second game, especially if one team is not motivated to be there can have a vastly different outcome. Do you yourself believe that Wisc is 31 points better than Nebraska this year. Would you have some trepidation playing them again?

Hey, the thread asked "Objectively" what teams can't NU compete with... coming from someone that's not a NU homer...I'm being objective. I don't think a team that lost to a 3-5 team at home can beat the elite teams in the nation...and the Huskers have already proven they can't hang with Wisconsin. There is little room for debate in as lopsided a defeat as they suffered in Madison.

I said it to you before badger fan and I will say it again, I believe Tmart gave that game away with 3 ints in 12 plays. that made a huge difference to what we did the rest of the game. If we stayed with what worked in the first quarter onto the second than that game would have been closer. I blame it on a sophmore that tried putting it on his shoulders, and he is a complete different QB than he was in Madison. I am not saying we win next time but def woud be closer which means "Objectively" WE CAN COMPETE.

Interceptions aren't "gimmies" they're the product of a sound defense...pressure from the lines and intelligent guys in the secondary. "T-Mart" didn't give them away, we earned them, we took them. We have a damn good defense this year, 12th in the country for turnover margin with 10 interceptions, and overall the squad is sixth in the country. Playing the "We gave the game away" card is laughable. Even not counting those interceptions the Huskers still weren't playing competitively and the Badgers would've won by double digits.

Also I suggest you brush up on your definition of what it means to be "objective". Honestly, I don't think either of us are capable of objectivity when discussing a hypothetical NU-UW rematch.

The ONLY team where we'd be over matched on both sides: LSU.

All others would be very winnable.

OkieLite would give our pink secondary fits but then I hope TM would light them up too.

agreed. LSU would be the only team in the country that im not sure we could keep it within 2 scores of. okielite will be exposed if they have to play LSU and it wont be pretty, if they werent playing in a very WEAK big 12 they would not be undefeated. i truly believe that alabama would be a good close game within a score one way or another. oregon is an inconsistent team.

and i would pay large amounts of money to play wisky again because im of the opinion that we would throttle them. quite frankly to the tune of 31-10. they have regressed and we have gotten better.

So is this thread about who we could realistically BEAT or who we could COMPETE WITH? Huge difference. I was thinking who we could "beat" in which case, I agree with Badger...there's a pretty long list of teams I would expect to be able to beat. If we're saying teams we could "compete with" then yeah, I guess technically we could compete with most of them. Especially if you're considering "compete with" to mean keep it within 14 point of them.

But who freakin cares about competing? I would hope we'd be able to compete with just about everyone in the country. We're freakin' Nebraska for crying out loud. That's like bragging because you take care of your kids. Big f'ing deal if we can "compete"...that's nothing to brag about. I guess some people's standards have been lowered so much that they're proud of just being competitive.

Interceptions aren't "gimmies" they're the product of a sound defense...pressure from the lines and intelligent guys in the secondary. "T-Mart" didn't give them away, we earned them, we took them. We have a damn good defense this year, 12th in the country for turnover margin with 10 interceptions, and overall the squad is sixth in the country. Playing the "We gave the game away" card is laughable. Even not counting those interceptions the Huskers still weren't playing competitively and the Badgers would've won by double digits.

Also I suggest you brush up on your definition of what it means to be "objective". Honestly, I don't think either of us are capable of objectivity when discussing a hypothetical NU-UW rematch.

Just a reminder that it was 14-13 Nebraska late in the 2nd quarter when Martinez started throwing those INTs.

Just a reminder that it was 14-13 Nebraska late in the 2nd quarter when Martinez starting throwing those INTs.

Oh I know, I wasn't that drunk at that point. I still stand by my statement. We have a good defense. We have a good offense. What gets us is special teams and high pressure late game defensive stands...If we get up by a little we are very, very hard to catch up with. Oh and if you're going to point to our losses thats fine, we lost two close games on the road to teams that NU beat at home, but lets look at NU's losses. One complete rout on the road and one turd at home to a weak team. I'll take UW's losses anyday.

We would beat Nebraska, you guys are homers. I understand and respect that so I'll stop pressing the issue, its off topic anyhow.

We would beat Nebraska, you guys are homers. I understand and respect that so I'll stop pressing the issue, its off topic anyhow.

We're discussing competitiveness, and speaking of homerism, I think your assertion that Nebraska wasn't competitive regardless of the Taylor Martinez interception extravaganza is wrong. They were competitive for 25 minutes, and in your house, too. The question for me is in a rematch could they be competitive for four quarters. I think probably yes. It doesn't mean Nebraska wins, because I do think Wisconsin is the better team, but to assert that Wisconsin would just blow them off the field again in a rematch, I don't find that very objective.

It depends if the team that played Washington, SDSU, Fresno State, Northwestern showed up. If so then Vandy belongs on the list as well as about 90% of the teams in NCAA divison 1.

We played another half of game yesterday, got smacked around in the second half.

this team is not elite, nor is it anywhere near elite. Until we have a staff that is capable of preparing the players to play, with drive, desire and motivation for every game, we will reamin the litte engine that could, but did not.

Not worth wasting time on threads like this steeped in homerisim.

• Fire 2

Their's only a few teams who I think would beat us away if we were to play them.

LSU, Oregon, Stanford [although that could go either way], and Alabama. Other than that, I think if we're playing at our highest level, then those teams are the only four that I think would soundly beat us.

Are INTs really earned if your QB throws the ball right to them?

We would beat Wisconsin, you guys are homers.

Just a reminder that it was 14-13 Nebraska late in the 2nd quarter when Martinez starting throwing those INTs.

Oh I know, I wasn't that drunk at that point. I still stand by my statement. We have a good defense. We have a good offense. What gets us is special teams and high pressure late game defensive stands...If we get up by a little we are very, very hard to catch up with. Oh and if you're going to point to our losses thats fine, we lost two close games on the road to teams that NU beat at home, but lets look at NU's losses. One complete rout on the road and one turd at home to a weak team. I'll take UW's losses anyday.

You're a troll, go back to your Badger boards.

EDIT- Sorry, PuegotDaddy hacked into my account. :D

you sir, are also a homer...

• Fire 1

We're discussing competitiveness, and speaking of homerism, I think your assertion that Nebraska wasn't competitive regardless of the Taylor Martinez interception extravaganza is wrong. They were competitive for 25 minutes, and in your house, too. The question for me is in a rematch could they be competitive for four quarters. I think probably yes. It doesn't mean Nebraska wins, because I do think Wisconsin is the better team, but to assert that Wisconsin would just blow them off the field again in a rematch, I don't find that very objective.

I openly admited that I am not objective on this game, so I don't see your point, but watching the highlights I don't see Martinez throwing interceptions to Badgers sitting there alone in 10 yard bubbles, our guys made plays and forced Martinez to make bad throws. We play good defense as is evidenced by our stats. The fact that we were able to turn every one of those interceptions into points is a testament to the superiority of our offense over NU's defense.

Assuming Martinez didn't throw the interceptions the Badgers still win 27-17 and we held Rex to under 100 yards rushing. We would win this game a second time. It would not be close. That's my opinion rested firmly on both facts and my own homerism, not a knock against NU, that's just what I think. It is what it is.

My saying that "You guys are homers" was not meant to discount your opinions, I was simply trying to say...so am I, I get where you're coming from, we're not going to agree on this...I guess it came out wrong.