Innocents Society Penny War Corn Bowl trophy on display

knapplc

All I know is that if it's the traveling heroes game trophy, we need a re-do and, if it's for penny war collection, they sure don't plan on making much money for whatever their cause is. I would prefer to call the game Farmeggedon and have 2 bad a$$ tractors on it one red & white (Case) and one yellow (JD or Caterpillar I guess- I'm not a tractor guy) and they should be trying to tear each another a new one. Yeah, that's right, right there on top of the trophy, 2 tractors battling, smoke pouring out the stacks...... On second thought, don't put me in charge of the trophy. All I know is anything beats the 3' tall phallic cob of corn I saw proposed a few months ago.

i believe the corncobs were phallic as homage to nebraska's capitol building.

This is totally the Innocent's Society trophy, and I heard on the highest confidence I think from some guy somewhere once probably*, that the heroes game trophy is different and is yet to be unveiled.

*Seriously though, I have no idea.

Ok, here's the thread from the when it was announced that the "Corn Bowl" had won the vote: http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/55695-iowa-nebraska-trophy/

Here's the article that started that thread: http://journalstar.com/news/local/article_be3c0011-c19d-50d6-98f2-12b64af11da0.html

There will be another official university-sponsored "Heroes Game" trophy to be awarded to the winner between the Huskers and Hawkeyes. The design of that trophy will be announced mid-November.

I know this is nit picking but the sign should read Iowa vs Nebraska, it is a home game for us.

ESPN does that and it bothers me because it is confusing. i think i disagree with you. it should either be Iowa at Nebraska or Nebraska vs Iowa. is not that how you know home or away. if it is 'vs.' the first team is home and if it is 'at' the second team is the home team?

• Fire 1

I can confirm what Cina said-- the BK was replaced by Runza I believe in 2008-2009. The picture HAS to be across from Planet Sub in the walkway where they always have these booths placed. There's no room across from Imperial Palace. It's all tables and chairs.

On a more related note...I thought the bowl was supposed to have "art deco" carvings or something on it? No?

I can confirm what Cina said-- the BK was replaced by Runza I believe in 2008-2009. The picture HAS to be across from Planet Sub in the walkway where they always have these booths placed. There's no room across from Imperial Palace. It's all tables and chairs.

On a more related note...I thought the bowl was supposed to have "art deco" carvings or something on it? No?

I thought I saw something similar on the drawings during the contest as well. I still can't believe this thing won :lame

All I know is, I saw this pic on Erin Sorensen's Twitter, and it was retweeted by Kevin Kugler, and Kugler said it was the Corn Bowl Trophy. I can't believe Kugler would mislead us like this.

if we can not trust keven kugler, who or what can we trust?

Chip Brown