Innocents Society Penny War Corn Bowl trophy on display

knapplc

All I know is, I saw this pic on Erin Sorensen's Twitter, and it was retweeted by Kevin Kugler, and Kugler said it was the Corn Bowl Trophy. I can't believe Kugler would mislead us like this.

if we can not trust keven kugler, who or what can we trust?

Chip Brown

Shawn Watson

Shawn "Chip" Watson-Brown

• Fire 1

I know this is nit picking but the sign should read Iowa vs Nebraska, it is a home game for us.

ESPN does that and it bothers me because it is confusing. i think i disagree with you. it should either be Iowa at Nebraska or Nebraska vs Iowa. is not that how you know home or away. if it is 'vs.' the first team is home and if it is 'at' the second team is the home team?

Interesting take, but I must defer to my age (old school thought). When someone comes to your house, they challenge you (vs). If I am defending, you are versing me. Simple. Remember, Chris Fowler was a Colorado grad.

An hour later. No pic.

Lol I work on the other side of campus. The trophy is no longer there. However! I do have a picture that proves that the location was closer to planet sub, and that there is no BK. But, I dont know how to post pictures on the board. :facepalm:

I'm pretty sure that in the absence of a pic, BK still exists in the Union. In fact, I'm going to eat there tonight, just to show you. I'll get a Royale with cheese.

I didn't know Lincoln used the metric system.

An hour later. No pic.

Lol I work on the other side of campus. The trophy is no longer there. However! I do have a picture that proves that the location was closer to planet sub, and that there is no BK. But, I dont know how to post pictures on the board. :facepalm:

I'm pretty sure that in the absence of a pic, BK still exists in the Union. In fact, I'm going to eat there tonight, just to show you. I'll get a Royale with cheese.

I didn't know Lincoln used the metric system.

Look at the big brain on Hammerhead! :D

I know this is nit picking but the sign should read Iowa vs Nebraska, it is a home game for us.

ESPN does that and it bothers me because it is confusing. i think i disagree with you. it should either be Iowa at Nebraska or Nebraska vs Iowa. is not that how you know home or away. if it is 'vs.' the first team is home and if it is 'at' the second team is the home team?

Interesting take, but I must defer to my age (old school thought). When someone comes to your house, they challenge you (vs). If I am defending, you are versing me. Simple. Remember, Chris Fowler was a Colorado grad.

i c. i just used my own logic and assumed that the only reason for an 'at' distinction would be because 'vs.' implied the opposite. there really should just be 'vs.' and they should get it right. i do remember paying attention for a little bit when i was younger and it seemed to validate my logic. all i am saying is that there needs to be consistency.

It's as underwhelming as you've been expecting.

cornbowl.jpg

Looks like it's set up next to Burger King in the Union.

BK = Runza

Subway = Blimpies

Imperial palace still there

And... um... Sobaros is there (though itwas once an amigos but that was a long time ago).

I wish we had an amigo's on campus :(