Innocents Society Penny War Corn Bowl trophy on display

knapplc

It's as underwhelming as you've been expecting.

cornbowl.jpg

Looks like it's set up next to Burger King in the Union.

BK = Runza

Subway = Blimpies

Imperial palace still there

And... um... Sobaros is there (though itwas once an amigos but that was a long time ago).

I wish we had an amigo's on campus :(

Actually it's Planet Sub

cornbowl.jpg

BK = Runza

Subway = Blimpies

And... um... Sobaros is there (though itwas once an amigos but that was a long time ago).

So Runza serves breakfast at that location I assume?

BTW - the more I look at the trophy, the more I don't like it. It's mostly just a big piece of ugly wood.

It is a fairly ugly trophy. Like a first draft that was then thrown together in wood shop class. IT looks like 0 craftsmanship went into it. Hell, I think those buttresses can be bought just like that at menards. A little care and professionalism and it could be a fairly attractive piece. As it stands... yeah... one afternoon in a whoodshop class by a half competent senior in high school. It's like every opportunity they had to make it look creative they decided to do away with.

If you want to go wth the wood look-- my suggestion: look at the rural heritages of NE and Iowa. Dovetail the corners, use wood pin fasteners, plate the corners with decoratively cut iron. I'd evne like to see the wood be weathered... the more il ook at this the more I think they bought it from Rod Kush.

cornbowl.jpg

BK = Runza

Subway = Blimpies

Actually it's Planet Sub

Doh! I knew that! Those two run together because i've never been to either :)

cornbowl.jpg

BK = Runza

Subway = Blimpies

When I was at UNL (early 80's) they actually had a mobile Amigo's in an RV that would park sort of in front of our Frat house on 16th street in the evenings. Nachos 20 steps away almost every night-dangerous.

Saw this...

Methinks this is the actual heroes game trophy, and that makes me happy. The other one is just for passing back an forth between the Innocent's societies of both schools, and since I'm not innocent, I don't give a hoot.