Breaking Dawn Part 1

Took my 15 y.o. niece to see the movie. She is hooked and read all the books and loves the books better than the movies. But she likes the actors(male;Edward not Jacob). It was great as I was the oldest person there by probably 25 years easily. :D

Liked all the movies as far as they go but other chick flicks are better. Love actually or Notting Hill are two that come to mind.

After having said all that: Am I in jeopardy of losing my man card? Does the fact that the majority of my family are of the female persuasion give me some leeway?

I went to a midnight premiere of the first Twilight movie with my girlfriend a couple years ago. Don't revoke my man card, though, 'cause I got some, let's say, goodies out of the deal.

haha those balance out :thumbs

When I first heard about this at work I thought it might be a boxing movie with Don King...I was very disappointed to learn it was a Twilight film.

One mans garbage is another man's oscar :D fargo: I rest my case

I'm no movie critic; I view movies as entertainment and am shallow enough to not look for deeper meanings. I'll leave that for Phi. 201 Lit. 212, etc. :)

GBR

What man?! You don't like Fargo? That's like a top 20 all time movie for me!

Oh well. I still like you. :lol:

The Twilight movies and books are absolutely garbage and I personally would not let me daughters read them, having read and seen all of them.

I haven't read any of the books and I've only seen the first movie, and I've only seen snippets of the other films, but from what I've seen - I think they're absolute crap. At least in the first film, the acting was terrible and the cinematics were just as atrocious. This story has a clear set fan base (12 year old girls), and they do a good job of reeling them in. Outside of that I just, honestly, do not see what makes these movies remotely good.

I watched it. I have an agreement with someone who I forced to watch all of the Harry Potter movies with me opening week.

The Twilight movies would be alright, but the romance is just... so horribly cheesy I have to close my eyes sometimes so I don't vomit on the person in front of me. The other major probably I have is that Edward and Bella, even when they're "happy" are constantly gloomy-looking. "Oh no, I gave you a small bruise on your arm. We must never have sex again."

Twilight was on TV over the weekend and I ran across it as I flipped channels, so I took a minute to see what the fuss was about. It was the scene where Bella (the girl?) and the main protagonist male Vampire (the kid who gets killed in the Harry Potter movie) were in the woods and they find out that she knows he's a vampire. At one point he has to show her what he looks like in the sunlight.

It was the worst acting I have seen in.... forever. I can't remember a more stilted, awkward scene. There was no chemistry, no... anything. I am baffled why this is a popular book/movie. Maybe the book is exponentially better? Or maybe there's just not much out there for 13-18 year old girls to read these days? Whatever the reason, count me as someone who is NOT a fan of these movies.

Having said that, I really liked Love Actually, Notting Hill and Bridget Jones's Diary (both of them).

Notting Hill had one of the best scenes I've seen in a long time, the scene where Hugh Grant is walking through the market as the seasons go by:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlP89pMc3UM

According to Scholastic.com, the Twilight saga is intended for kids in grades 9-12, but it's written at about a 4th grad level, which isn't much higher than a newspaper.

The whole basis for the books was pretty much a wet dream that Stephenie Meyer had about a glittery vampire douche.

I know there are some people out there that find the books offensive because Edward's "love" for Bella is on the abusive side.

Edit:

As far as my own opinion about it, I watched the first movie so that I could have an actual opinion and not just blind hate. It was awful. Almost unwatchable. It became comical in some ways as it went on.

I love vampires, zombies, etc etc, and this cutesy, sparkly vampire crap makes me sick. Vampires are undead, bloodthirsty killers, not whiny little bitches.

I suggest reading Bram Stoker's Dracula. That's how vampires should be. Or if you're into comics, check out American Vampire.