The Bo Must Go Crowd

PaulCrewe

I think our biggest problem with recruiting is we miss to much with our #1-2 prospects and end up with the #3-4 prospects. Need to push harder on the player's at the top of our board.

I definitely wouldn't put that on the coaches. I would put that on the university. I love the Huskers as much as anybody else, but what a lot of people don't realize is that to recruits around America, Nebraska is not a premier college football destination. It is going to take a BCS bowl win, possibly a national championship win with the caliber of players that we have right now, in order for recruits to see Nebraska as an elite program.

The one thing I really thought we could identify and brand here is defense...so Pelini fits that perfectly. The Blackshirts tradition, the weather, the way our defense has played last couple years, the Suh factor...I would be going after the very best defensive recruits...we need to pull those recruits. That is why I am so boggled that our defense has not played well this year. Further, the style that will draw the recruits...attack (not contain), turnovers, blitzing, blowing up the opponent on the LOS and bone-chilling tackles has not been there...we play on our heels and get it taken to us. Put some playmakers in the game this Friday!

A top notch defense, a top running game, sound QB play, tough WR's who are athletic and can catch, and good O-Line play. We should be in the mold of an Alabama IMO. To me, when I really look at it our D-Line and O-Line really are the big problems. The D-Line cannot blitz and doesn't bring pressure...so the secondary is getting exposed. They also play on their heels and so RB's gash us and push us back. The O-Line has really done TMart no favors...he is constantly under duress and pressure and not able to run or make good throws.

For next year, we need to fix the line of scrimmage on both sides and I think we 1) Don't see games where we just get blown out like Wisky and Mich and 2) We don't lose games to inferior opponents.

• Fire 1

I think our biggest problem with recruiting is we miss to much with our #1-2 prospects and end up with the #3-4 prospects. Need to push harder on the player's at the top of our board.

I definitely wouldn't put that on the coaches. I would put that on the university. I love the Huskers as much as anybody else, but what a lot of people don't realize is that to recruits around America, Nebraska is not a premier college football destination. It is going to take a BCS bowl win, possibly a national championship win with the caliber of players that we have right now, in order for recruits to see Nebraska as an elite program.

The one thing I really thought we could identify and brand here is defense...so Pelini fits that perfectly. The Blackshirts tradition, the weather, the way our defense has played last couple years, the Suh factor...I would be going after the very best defensive recruits...we need to pull those recruits. That is why I am so boggled that our defense has not played well this year. Further, the style that will draw the recruits...attack (not contain), turnovers, blitzing, blowing up the opponent on the LOS and bone-chilling tackles has not been there...we play on our heels and get it taken to us. Put some playmakers in the game this Friday!

A top notch defense, a top running game, sound QB play, tough WR's who are athletic and can catch, and good O-Line play. We should be in the mold of an Alabama IMO. To me, when I really look at it our D-Line and O-Line really are the big problems. The D-Line cannot blitz and doesn't bring pressure...so the secondary is getting exposed. They also play on their heels and so RB's gash us and push us back. The O-Line has really done TMart no favors...he is constantly under duress and pressure and not able to run or make good throws.

For next year, we need to fix the line of scrimmage on both sides and I think we 1) Don't see games where we just get blown out like Wisky and Mich and 2) We don't lose games to inferior opponents.

I'd +1 you more if I could.

I was just wondering to myself earlier why the hell we have such a lack of athleticism and players on defense if Bo is such a defensive guru. We should be able to get our pick of the litter of defensive recruits, honestly. What gives? Do the recruits we need just not buy into Bo's method of "no promises, you'll come here to work, and the best players will play" recruiting style?

Also, our offensive line is just not all the way there yet. We still need to build depth there. It's too bad Baker could not have stayed on the O-Line... I think he probably could have been a first rounder. But hey Bo wanted to fix the defense when he got here, and that was his call. But seriously, watching the game today, I once again came to realize something.

Caputo, I applaud you and pat you on the back for your contribution to our team, but you're physically overmatched, son. Mike Martin absolutely made you look like a b*tch today. Hopefully, this is a case of the staff wanting to play the most experienced, oldest center we had while they could as opposed to going with a younger guy with less knowledge of the system and a higher ceiling. If not, and they're simply playing Caputo because we have no one better... I really hope Reeves comes back 100% from surgery soon. chuckleshuffle

• Fire 1

I THINK WE SHOULD HIRE NICK SABAN WITH CHIP KELLY AS OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR AND BO CAN STAY AS DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR. BOB STOOPS CAN BE OUR RECRUITING COORDINATOR.

What do you take before you go to sleep to make your dreams that good?

Ambien, vicodin, and 3 1/2 glasses of scotch.

If (knock on wood) we get the job done with Iowa next week and win a bowl game I still think this season is a success. Yes, it sucks getting blown out big time but in the Big 12 we just were not subjected to these monster road games multiple times in one season.

Long term I wonder if Bo is kinda boxing himself in with his brother at DC, a friend at OC, and the T-Mart / Rex combo next season when we have offensive weapons in the hole. It's going to be really interesting to see how he balances all that and fills the huge void of David, who btw saved us from a historic embarrassment today.

Regarding the recruits, Willie, we have a very small amount of guys we can take in this class, so we're being picky. The kind of guys we're going after don't typically make their decisions this early in the cycle. So it's not an alarm bell that we have so few commits right now, or that that we've lost out on the guys we're going after. We have a LOT of competition on the guys we're offering.

Who are we going after that is the type of highly rated recruit who decides late in the process, and is really interested? Andrus Peat and .. ?

My biggest concern isn't even on the offensive side of the ball. My HUGE issue is on the defensive side of the ball, namely in the front 7 recruiting. Very limited recruits we have shown interest in, and we haven't even signaled who may be that plan B, C, D, incase certain recruits do not work out for us. Of the recruits we have shown interest in on the front 7, the only ones we stand legitimate shots with ATP is Avery Moss, Thomas Brown, Milo Jordan, Nate Iese .. it's a limited field, and it isn't exactly a top crop of recruits that we are having to battle hard for.

So the issue isn't we are waiting on kids, the issue is we are just waiting. We have been waiting, and the lack of depth in our front 7 as a result has been shown this year. IMO, it would signal to the coaches to change this, but it seems to be the status quo with these coaches.

We need a new recruiting coordinator. Can we agree on that?

Ron Zook will soon be available.

I'm joking of course. No way we'd pull in an ex-HC as a position coach. Wish we could though. Zook would bring in recruits like crazy.

So how is this exactly a diss on NU's best recruiter. JP can only do so much on the recruiting side of things. There are others that need to pick up their end of the deal. One and a half on offense and two on defense pretty much haven't done crap on the trail this year.

So how is this exactly a diss on NU's best recruiter. JP can only do so much on the recruiting side of things. There are others that need to pick up their end of the deal. One and a half on offense and two on defense pretty much haven't done crap on the trail this year.

Because fans are mad, and nobody is spared the venom. In fact, I think we can pin part of the blame on you somehow. Because of the minor alcohol shortage you single handedly caused in Lincoln this past month.

In fact, I think we can pin part of the blame on you somehow. Because of the minor alcohol shortage you single handedly caused in Lincoln this past month.

sh#t happens, I was doing all of your livers a favor. So in theory you should be thanking me not blaming me.