The Bo Must Go Crowd

PaulCrewe

If not Bo than who?

I thought that was the whole point of this thread? I said....

Patterson

Gundy

I don't think either one of those coaches would put you in a better position than Bo has you at the moment. Just my completely baseless opinion though. I think Bo is a good coach, teams lose games, this happens.

Well they both have their programs in as good or better position as Bo has ours and Bo has a lot more to work with (sorry but TCU and Okie State are nowhere near the programs that Nebraska is) so one could argue that they would have us in a better position than Bo does.

Not saying we should fire Bo just saying who I'd hire if we had to replace him.

No way in hell would I be happy if they fired Bo or if Bo left to take another job, but the name that flashes through my mind to replace him if the situation were to come up is:

Gus Malzahn

OC Auburn University

The guy is an offensive mastermind. Admittedly, Cam Newton made him look REALLY good last year, but I believe he would be a solid hire, especially if he hired a solid DC.

IF we had to replace Bo, the first three guys I would call - Al Golden (Miami HC), Jim Tressell (Don't laugh. The guy knows college FB), and Jon Gruden. Golden I think would take a job like this in a heartbeat after walking into the Miami scandel.

But I hope Bo just removes his head from his A## and makes some adjustments to staff and scheme.

IF we had to replace Bo, the first three guys I would call - Al Golden (Miami HC), Jim Tressell (Don't laugh. The guy knows college FB), and Jon Gruden. Golden I think would take a job like this in a heartbeat after walking into the Miami scandel.

But I hope Bo just removes his head from his A## and makes some adjustments to staff and scheme.

Hey, we called Bo out for having a terrible offensive coordinator, and not that he listened to us, but he realized the problem and got rid of Shawn Watson and brought in Beck. He is perfectly capable of analyzing the state of his program and making adjustments. Can we please not forget that this is his first head coaching job?

even Callahan beat Michigan for whatever it is worth.

Bo beat Michigan too in the Alamo bowl.

Huh?

Welll a Michigan school. Same thing. I mean if we can compare one Michigan team from 2005 to today's Michigan team, then surely it's valid to compare today's Michigan team to a Michigan State team from 2003. They all share just as many players.

Thats what i've been saying. All the great coaches are coaching great teams. Its hard to find someone that could replace Bo right now

Short list of unemployed coaches:

Urban Meyer

Mike Leach

Mark Mangino

The question becomes, will they be willing to come here when Bo has made it to a bowl game each year he's been here, won a minimum of 8 games (and likely nine) every year, and yet we still fired him?

The answer is "no." No good coach is coming in here after firing their predecessor who has that kind of record.

Bo is also 3-1 coaching bowl games. Again, you don't get solid replacements to come in after you fire that guy.

Urban is obviously great, but how many titles do Leach and Mangino have? We can even count division titles if you like.

Coaches on the hot seat after tonight:

Bob Stoops

Mike Gundy

Dabo Sweeney

Chip Kelly

We should go after one of those guys as obviously their losses to unranked teams will get them fired as well.

I know you're partially kidding, but you really think there is even remotely a close comparison to these guys (and their situations) and Bo at Nebraska?

Bob Stoops - Has a National Championship, several Conference Championships, has OU in the hunt most years

Mike Gundy - Has a non-tradional football lower-tier school playing at a level way above what should be expected of them

Dabo Sweeney - See above

Chip Kelly - Played for a National Championship last year and was in the hunt again this year

For those of you still talking about T.O. and trying to compare Bo to T.O.............................................GET OVER IT!!! The 90's are over, we will never be that dominate again, there is WAY too many differences between college football then and college football now. If there is one thing that irritates me by being a Husker fan, it's being in the same category as inpatient fans that live in the past. We will most likely beat Iowa and finish the regular season with 9 wins, then we may win the bowl game making us 10-3. Remember when Callahan was here? No, of course you don't, you don't remember what it felt like to only win 5 games in one season. You would've KILLED to be 9-3/10-3 then. Some of you need to wake the hell up and get off of your high horses.

• Fire 1

For those of you still talking about T.O. and trying to compare Bo to T.O.............................................GET OVER IT!!! The 90's are over, we will never be that dominate again, there is WAY too many differences between college football then and college football now. If there is one thing that irritates me by being a Husker fan, it's being in the same category as inpatient fans that live in the past. We will most likely beat Iowa and finish the regular season with 9 wins, then we may win the bowl game making us 10-3. Remember when Callahan was here? No, of course you don't, you don't remember what it felt like to only win 5 games in one season. You would've KILLED to be 9-3/10-3 then. Some of you need to wake the hell up and get off of your high horses.

Very well spoken. +1