The Bo Must Go Crowd

PaulCrewe

Once again, since we are better than the worst stretch of NU history we are supposed to be happy?

Keep beating that drum. "Bo is better than Billy C so everyone needs to shut it!" LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing this post was directed at me? Next time just quote me so we can get over the confusion. Are you saying it's time for Bo to go? Because if you are THAT is lame to me. Excuse me if I don't feel like resorting back to the Callahan era because that is EXACTLY what'll happen if we were to fire Bo after a 9 or 10 win season.

I’m not saying Bo should go (some of his position coaches should go though).

I just think using “We are better than we were under Billy C” as a reason for keeping him around is odd. Isn’t that setting the bar pretty low though?

I don't think anyone is trying to "go back to the 1990's" but people want a team that competes for conference titles and that isn't happening right now. We are not in the crappy Big 12 north and winning the division isn't a given. I know I personally don't give a rat's ass about "the Nebraska way" because that way is dead. People need to realize that TO didn't have any assistants that are good enough to win at a school like NU and that era is over.

We are not in the Big XII North, we are in the winnable Legends division. It's a tougher division, but we can compete and win it... but we could also have used a break from the Big Ten Brass on the schedule.

Pitting Nebraska against the very best teams the Big Ten can muster in each of its first two years isn't fair. We're the n00bs, so we have to run the gauntlet. This year has been an emotional roller coaster, and many of the players are out of gas right now. Add in injuries and NO WEEKS OFF, and you have... this.

Not making excuses. Just saying it is what it is.

When 2013 rolls around and our SOS drops in half, we'll likely see very different results.

By then Michigan will be a top 10 team and we will still have walk ons starting. It won't matter, NU still wont' win the division.

How can you make that judgement? Edit: Sorry, how do you come to that judgement?

Didn't you see all the stars behind their recruits last year. The more stars you have the more national championships you get. Just ask Texas.

I don't think anyone is trying to "go back to the 1990's" but people want a team that competes for conference titles and that isn't happening right now. We are not in the crappy Big 12 north and winning the division isn't a given. I know I personally don't give a rat's ass about "the Nebraska way" because that way is dead. People need to realize that TO didn't have any assistants that are good enough to win at a school like NU and that era is over.

We are not in the Big XII North, we are in the winnable Legends division. It's a tougher division, but we can compete and win it... but we could also have used a break from the Big Ten Brass on the schedule.

Pitting Nebraska against the very best teams the Big Ten can muster in each of its first two years isn't fair. We're the n00bs, so we have to run the gauntlet. This year has been an emotional roller coaster, and many of the players are out of gas right now. Add in injuries and NO WEEKS OFF, and you have... this.

Not making excuses. Just saying it is what it is.

When 2013 rolls around and our SOS drops in half, we'll likely see very different results.

By then Michigan will be a top 10 team and we will still have walk ons starting. It won't matter, NU still wont' win the division.

How can you make that judgement? Edit: Sorry, how do you come to that judgement?

Didn't you see all the stars behind their recruits last year. The more stars you have the more national championships you get. Just ask Texas.

Or Zook when at Florida. Or about the last 15 Notre Dame HCs. You gotta have all those 5 stars to play with the big boys and that's all there is to it. Just ask Iowa St, Boise St, Utah, etc.

PaulCrewe and knapplc have made passing remarks about it, but I wanted to put the full quote for brevity as it pertains to the thread in question.

Urban Meyer in OWH (April 2011):

Q: One last Nebraska question — in late 2003, NU fired its coach, Frank Solich. You were coaching at Utah. Was there any part of you that perhaps thought about looking at the job?

UM: “We actually were contacted by a third party. Not directly. I remember thinking about it. I had such great respect for Solich — he's an Ohio guy who's a good friend of mine — and I didn't agree with everything that went down. He won 10 games that year, right? That was alarming to me. I'm a coach, and whenever I see that happening to a coach, I think there's got to be something behind Door No. 1 to fire him after he won 10 games. I remember having great respect for the school but being concerned about what happened — and why it happened. If 10 games isn't good enough, I'm not sure what is.”

LINK

PaulCrewe and knapplc have made passing remarks about it, but I wanted to put the full quote for brevity as it pertains to the thread in question.

Urban Meyer in OWH (April 2011):

Q: One last Nebraska question — in late 2003, NU fired its coach, Frank Solich. You were coaching at Utah. Was there any part of you that perhaps thought about looking at the job?

UM: “We actually were contacted by a third party. Not directly. I remember thinking about it. I had such great respect for Solich — he's an Ohio guy who's a good friend of mine — and I didn't agree with everything that went down. He won 10 games that year, right? That was alarming to me. I'm a coach, and whenever I see that happening to a coach, I think there's got to be something behind Door No. 1 to fire him after he won 10 games. I remember having great respect for the school but being concerned about what happened — and why it happened. If 10 games isn't good enough, I'm not sure what is.”

Now Urban's expectations are too low...he can't expect mediocrity.

Well if anyone believes the rumors that are floating around on 247.com Bo will be fired for cussing out one of the top donors.

Link it or I don't believe you.

Link it and I probably still won't believe you.

I'm new, so don't know how that link it thing works, go to nebraska.247sports.com look for the thread title ready for a change? welp

I'm not buying message board posting. It's just as valid as posting on here.

No way. As mentioned before, who in the world would we take THAT WOULD ACTUALLY COME HERE to replace Bo. No one I can think of is a better possible option for our HC then Bo right now.

Urban Meyer, Chip Kelly, Chris Petersen, Gary Patterson, Gus Malzahn and probably Al Golden all would not come here.

Ha yes a couple of those names would.

Yep, I think Malzahn would. Not sure about the rest.... MAYBE Chris Petersen, but Gary Patterson turned down a lot of bigger coaching opportunities. My cousin is a TCU alum, so I know that TCU has a lot of booster support from people with a lot of money. And with TCU heading to the Big 12 next year, he's not going anywhere.

I just think using “We are better than we were under Billy C” as a reason for keeping him around is odd. Isn’t that setting the bar pretty low though?

I can't believe you're throwing Callahan under the bus after all the years you've spent defending him. Wow.

I defend the double standards that were used against him not the results that he produced on the field.

I can't believe you're throwing Callahan under the bus after all the years you've spent defending him. Wow.

I defend the double standards that were used against him not the results that he produced on the field.

I've just always found that odd. The guy was like your cheating ex-girlfriend that you continually defend to your buddies. He didn't want to be here, he never embraced the culture, it was always only a job for him. I've supported several things about Callahan (most strenuously his Breast Cancer fundraising via Football 101, the ridiculousness of the "throat slash" and "what did he wear to the press conference" nonsense, and the continued academic excellence he demanded from his players), but the negative vastly outweighed the positive on the field. And that's where I never really understood the staunch support.

Well if anyone believes the rumors that are floating around on 247.com Bo will be fired for cussing out one of the top donors.

Link it or I don't believe you.

Link it and I probably still won't believe you.

I'm new, so don't know how that link it thing works, go to nebraska.247sports.com look for the thread title ready for a change? welp

I'm not buying message board posting. It's just as valid as posting on here.

No way. As mentioned before, who in the world would we take THAT WOULD ACTUALLY COME HERE to replace Bo. No one I can think of is a better possible option for our HC then Bo right now.

Urban Meyer, Chip Kelly, Chris Petersen, Gary Patterson, Gus Malzahn and probably Al Golden all would not come here.

Here is the link http://nebraska.247s...-Welp-5664861/1 It's from a message board just like ours. Nothing official. Besides, who would fire a coach that has gone 8-3 so far in the season and the season isn't even over yet? Blah! However, Bo's name being mentioned with Urban Meyer as new head coach for Ohio State-now THAT peaks my interest. (Although, that was going on when Tressel got fired too.) Be careful what you wish for!

"piques"... just sayin ;)

Yo, we're 8-3. Any coaching change talk is inherently retarded.

remember solich?

Steve Pederson is inherently retarded.

This headline from the Bleacher Report, Pitt page, says it all "Steve Pederson has now ruined 2 football programs". It was a pretty good little anti Pederson story.

other than his obituary, i can not imagine any other kind of pederson story than 'anti'.

(to clear up any confusion, i am not saying that because people will be happy steve departed, i am sure he is a decent human being, i mean because an obit is no time to criticize someone.)