The Bo Must Go Crowd

PaulCrewe

Regarding the recruits, Willie, we have a very small amount of guys we can take in this class, so we're being picky. The kind of guys we're going after don't typically make their decisions this early in the cycle. So it's not an alarm bell that we have so few commits right now, or that that we've lost out on the guys we're going after. We have a LOT of competition on the guys we're offering.

Who are we going after that is the type of highly rated recruit who decides late in the process, and is really interested? Andrus Peat and .. ?

My biggest concern isn't even on the offensive side of the ball. My HUGE issue is on the defensive side of the ball, namely in the front 7 recruiting. Very limited recruits we have shown interest in, and we haven't even signaled who may be that plan B, C, D, incase certain recruits do not work out for us. Of the recruits we have shown interest in on the front 7, the only ones we stand legitimate shots with ATP is Avery Moss, Thomas Brown, Milo Jordan, Nate Iese .. it's a limited field, and it isn't exactly a top crop of recruits that we are having to battle hard for.

So the issue isn't we are waiting on kids, the issue is we are just waiting. We have been waiting, and the lack of depth in our front 7 as a result has been shown this year. IMO, it would signal to the coaches to change this, but it seems to be the status quo with these coaches.

You follow recruiting way more than I, so I'm going to accede to your stance there. I'm right there with you on the paragraph containing the bold. I'm just a "finished product" kind of guy.

Knowing who has talent and actually getting that person to come here are two different things. I guess I shouldn't rush to judgement on Bo's recruiting just yet. Nobody should rush to judgement on Bo doing anything in his 4th year. The fumbles and mistakes are disconcerting, however.

Bo has coached at OU and at LSU. You'd think he knows what talent is and what's not.

He wasn’t at OU or LSU long enough to use his own recruits, he used Stoops and Les recruits. Same with the first three years of solid D here at Nebraska.... he used Callahan’s recruits. As soon as Callahan recruits are gone, our defense falls apart. Coincidence? I am starting to think not. I don’t question his defensive intelligence. What I think people are questioning are his recruiting and development skills. We have new assistance on defense, but it didn’t help that he hired guys without much experience with player development.

Comparing Bo and T.O. is dumb. It's a different era. TO was a great coach but a bunch of his wins were against 6 crappy Big 8 teams year after year. He also benefited many years because we had 100+ guys on scholarship. Now the talent is spread across many teams and the days are over of stockpiling talent.

If it were up to me I'd give him at least three more years, as long as he keeps getting 9-10 wins. He wasn't dealt the easiest hand with the conference switch.

With your standards B. Stoops would have been canned in 2009, The vest would have been fired in 2004. Joe-Pa in 2004. The list goes on... Do you think any of those teams would be better off now if they fired those coaches (minus the PSU and OSU scandals of course)??? Pelini has not even had an Oklahoma 2009 turn of bad luck. They had such high hopes that year.

If not Bo than who?

I thought that was the whole point of this thread? I said....

Patterson

Gundy

Neither of whom are going to come here if we fire a coach with Bo's resume during his tenure at Nebraska.

I can toss out names, too. Hell, let's hire Saban. Let's hire whichever coach wins the National Championship this year. Of course we can fire Bo, write a check, and get that guy to come here. And next year we'll win the National Championship.

It really is that easy.

• Fire 1
If not Bo than who?

I thought that was the whole point of this thread? I said....

Patterson

Gundy

I don't think either one of those coaches would put you in a better position than Bo has you at the moment. Just my completely baseless opinion though. I think Bo is a good coach, teams lose games, this happens.

I'm in no way an advocate for removing Bo, but I am glad these meltdowns happen in the fan base every now and then. Shatel mentioned this in his post-game commentary, but it seems like the other Big Ten fan bases have generally accepted the up and down, unpredictable nature of the conference. There's not as much urgency...

I'm glad the Nebraska fan base still has that urgency, even if it goes overboard sometimes. If we're going to get to the level we aspire to, it's going to take high expectations and urgency. Days like this, it's OK to start questioning whether Bo is the guy to take us back to a championship level - he should feel that fire at his feet a little bit.

• Fire 1