Will you be sated with 10-3……..??

Comish

I see Michigan & Ohio State trending upwards with new coaching and mobile QB's. I don't, unfortunately, see NU trending up. If NU comes out next year with the same offensive and defensive philosophies it will be a long year for us.

If Bo and Carl can't develop the players and get talent on the field at the same time it won't bode well for us.

And just remember folks, things could be worse--a lot worse. For example:

We could have lost to KSU, MU, OU, OSU, and likely A&M all in one year, all while having a picture of a uterus on our helmet.

We could have been #2 in the nation, only to have lowly Iowa State jump up and bite the best players T. Boones Farms Pickens could buy.

We could have losses to Baylor and Texas Tech on the schedule.

Seriously??? I would take 2 out of three of these over what we have now in a heart beat. How is one or two losses better than three? Ever? Bad example!!

We could have lost to KSU, MU, OU, OSU, and likely A&M all in one year, all while having a picture of a uterus on our helmet.

We could have been #2 in the nation, only to have lowly Iowa State jump up and bite the best players T. Boones Farms Pickens could buy.

Seriously??? I would take 2 out of three of these over what we have now in a heart beat. How is one or two losses better than three? Ever? Bad example!!

I don't know. I would take one of the three, but OU's two losses would be worse than us ending 10-3. While the Baylor loss doesn't look so bad, the loss to TT at home was just horrible. I still don't understand Stoops blind loyalty to Venables.

Echo the sentiments of those that can live with the record, but disappointed in the losses we took. Coming into a new conference with new coaches, with the welcome mat of a schedule we were given, then embarrassing the Legends Division winner and also beating OSU and PSU, I can live with that. Tough to swallow the meltdown we had against Michigan though and not showing up for the NW game.

I don't know. I would take one of the three, but OU's two losses would be worse than us ending 10-3. While the Baylor loss doesn't look so bad, the loss to TT at home was just horrible. I still don't understand Stoops blind loyalty to Venables.

And the blowout losses to Wisconsin and Michigan or the loss to a 5 loss Northwestern at home weren't "horrible"???

We weren't really ever pegged to play in the NC game. OU was until that horrible loss to TT at home. I know I was in the minority, but I thought after watching us get blown out against Wisconsin that Michigan posed a similar threat. It wasn't really surprising to me. The NW game caught me completely off guard.

So you'd take never having any sort of shot at a National Championship over being in the hunt until mid November?

We weren't really ever pegged to play in the NC game. OU was until that horrible loss to TT at home. I know I was in the minority, but I thought after watching us get blown out against Wisconsin that Michigan posed a similar threat. It wasn't really surprising to me. The NW game caught me completely off guard.

So you'd take never having any sort of shot at a National Championship over being in the hunt until mid November?

Where did you get that out of my post? I'm simply comparing OU's season to our season this year. We were out of the hunt in October after being embarrassed by Wisconsin. It's quite possible OU will end up with three losses as well. I don't think many NU fans really thought this year was our year to play for all the marbles. OU on the other hand was picked to play for all the marbles. I'd say their season is a bigger disappointment than ours assuming we end 10-3 as the OP stated.

Where did you get that out of my post? I'm simply comparing OU's season to our season this year. We were out of the hunt in October after being embarrassed by Wisconsin. It's quite possible OU will end up with three losses as well. I don't think many NU fans really thought this year was our year to play for all the marbles. OU on the other hand was picked to play for all the marbles. I'd say their season is a bigger disappointment than ours assuming we end 10-3 as the OP stated.

Ahhh...I see what you're saying. Makes a little more sense now that you put it that way. Still, I would rather have hopes for a NC (which was still somewhat a possibility until the Baylor loss last weekend for OU) than to never even have the hope, which pretty much ended for us the day we were blown out by Wisconsin. Not to mention that I think OU still has a shot at a conference title and a BCS bowl and we do not! So again, give me their season over ours all day. See what I'm sayin?