Will you be sated with 10-3……..??

Comish

The problem is 10-3 is going to be 8-5 in another couple of years. The BIG is down and this was our easiest chance to make some noise. Michigan is only going to get better. Ohio State is going to get back to a top 10 program. Wisky should maintain what they are. I think Sparty will be a drop a little but not much. Penn State is a big question mark depending on who they get for a coach. If the SEC is going to lose their oversigning chances, I could really see the BIG getting as good in another year or two. Then throw in the fact that I don't think expansion is over by a long shot. I still think the BIG tries to get ND and someone like Rutgers. ND seems to be making progress and could be a challenge if we had to play them. If we can't make the conference championship game this year, I see no reason we will in the near future.

Really? The Big Ten handed us the most difficult schedule they possibly could have these first two years. 2013-14 we trade in OSU and Wisconsin for Illinois and Purdue. If there's any time to make a run, it's then.

Schedulewise, that is a good point, but the conference as a whole, this is as easy as it will ever be and we did nothing.

The problem is 10-3 is going to be 8-5 in another couple of years. The BIG is down and this was our easiest chance to make some noise.

Disagree. I think that the B1G is much better than it has been. Michigan is much better than expected, Illinois made some noise. The league has 5 or 6 teams that have consistently been ranked this year. Yes, fO$U will get back, but MSU and Wisconsin are not traditional powers, they will probably be roller coaster teams. PSU will probably never get back to where they were in the 80's.

At least we will be able to get fat on the Purdues and the Indianas in a few years.

The problem is 10-3 is going to be 8-5 in another couple of years. The BIG is down and this was our easiest chance to make some noise.

Disagree. I think that the B1G is much better than it has been. Michigan is much better than expected, Illinois made some noise. The league has 5 or 6 teams that have consistently been ranked this year. Yes, fO$U will get back, but MSU and Wisconsin are not traditional powers, they will probably be roller coaster teams. PSU will probably never get back to where they were in the 80's.

At least we will be able to get fat on the Purdues and the Indianas in a few years.

It may be better then it has been but it's still not that great. Nobody even close to being a top 5 team of those ranked teams. Agree Michigan is better but I don't think they are going the other way any time soon. OSU will be back to a top 10 team as well. I wouldn't count out PSU just yet either, unless the NCAA throws the book at them. I don't think Wisky gets enough credit for what Bielema has done there. 58-18? That's a pretty good record if you ask me. I doubt they become a 7 win season team on an annual basis anytime soon. Always going to be competing for 9 or 10 wins a year. The biggest thing is right now OSU and Michigan are not top 10 teams and we didn't take advantage of it. It's not going to be like that in another couple of years.

I don't mind the record at all. I am only nervous about the way it happened, and maybe recruiting, we'll see if the staff can make up ground as usual.

More than anything, it's this doghouse stuff that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Again if Bo would just come out and say, "This guy broke the rules and is not up to our expectations right now, so he's sitting"...people would probably applaud that.

I understand how you feel, but:

1) We didn't make the CCG

2) We had a shot at a BCS game, and crapped our pants in that game

3) We were embarrassed in the 3 losses we had so far

So, IMO, we have fallen short of all expectations. A 10-3 season would be nice, but I don't see it happening.

I guess I just have lower standards than most. I mean, it's hard to get or maintain a high level of success. Only a few teams do it every year. And every year, the inexplicable is prone to happen to the best of those teams - sometimes more than once.

I feel we are close and we are building towards that direction - pending the unknown of recruiting. If we are always competitive every year, and it takes unfortunate blowups to fall to a 10-3 or 9-4 record, I am pretty pleased with the state of the program overall. It's a big improvement over the precarious 2008 season where we were fighting and clawing to get to that mark.

I don't think Wisky gets enough credit for what Bielema has done there. 58-18? That's a pretty good record if you ask me.

Bielema has a 76% winning percentage in six years.

Pelini has a 72% winning percentage in four years.

Beilemsa's SOS over his tenure:

2006 - 82

2007 - 57

2008 - 52

2009 - 64

2010 - 66

2011 - 79 (so far)

Bo's SOS in four years

2008 - 38

2009 - 52

2010 - 39

2011 - 26 (so far)

Someone check my math on the percentages, because I rifled through this pretty quick. But a difference of about five percentage points compared to an SOS often grossly weighted against Nebraska/Pelini, I wouldn't exactly say Bielema is some kind of wizard compared to Pelini.

• Fire 1
I don't think Wisky gets enough credit for what Bielema has done there. 58-18? That's a pretty good record if you ask me.

2006 - 82

2007 - 57

2008 - 52

2009 - 64

2010 - 66

2011 - 79 (so far)

Bo's SOS in four years

2008 - 38

2009 - 52

2010 - 39

2011 - 26 (so far)

Someone check my math on the percentages, because I rifled through this pretty quick. But a difference of about five percentage points compared to an SOS often grossly weighted against Nebraska/Pelini, I wouldn't exactly say Bielema is some kind of wizard compared to Pelini.

48-17, and 1-0 vs Bo, that's all the math you need to learn this year. Who said Pelini wasn't a good coach btw? If anything comparing him to Bo, you just proved that Bielema is a good coach, thanks for helping.

I'll be okay with 10-3. It's close to what I predicted for us this year. I predicted 10-2, 11-1. 10 wins is a solid year--sure the losses sting, but we beat a very good Michigan State team [who was BCS ranked #9 when we played them]. We beat Penn State in Happy Valley. And we beat Ohio State.

At the beginning of the year if you would've told me that we were going to go:

3-2 against Wisconsin, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan, I would be a pretty happy person.

1-1 in two of the largest stadiums in college football in back to back weeks, I would be a pretty happy person.

Yes, we lost to Northwestern, but so goes B1G football. Actually so goes football, this year, in general.

And before I get grilled on that last statement: I am NOT NOT NOT NOT making excuses. Just pure observations.

Beat Iowa, that pretty much is what would keep this season from completely sucking for me.

Lose to Iowa and Nebraska probably plays Missouri in the Insight Bowl. Talk about a disappointing outcome.

Win and you are probably looking at USCe in the Gator Bowl. Lose that game and it would be a bummer, but not hurt as much.

Going 9-4 with a win over Iowa would be VASTLY better than 9-4 with a loss to Iowa.

Beat Iowa, that pretty much is what would keep this season from completely sucking for me.

Lose to Iowa and Nebraska probably plays Missouri in the Insight Bowl. Talk about a disappointing outcome.

Win and you are probably looking at USCe in the Gator Bowl. Lose that game and it would be a bummer, but not hurt as much.

Going 9-4 with a win over Iowa would be VASTLY better than 9-4 with a loss to Iowa.

It's like Colorado!

It's like Colorado!

Sad that's what the season had to come to. Playing Iowa for the chance to not go to a sh#t bowl.

Honestly I'm more mad with how the team played this year, not the record. Hopefully next year with a year to mature we see a more well rounded team and gameplan, so I am much looking forward to how Bo will improve this team, because next year will be tough as well and we need to see if this team can battle through it. The two highlights were the OSU comeback and how are team went into a very terrible situation at PSU and came out with a W.

That being said I will be absolutley dissapointed if we choke against Iowa, that will be unnacceptable. I don't care what bowl we go to as long as we don't lose to Iowa. I would love to see Mizzou in a bowl and just obliterate them, but Iowa comes first.

I have spoken.

2006 - 82

2007 - 57

2008 - 52

2009 - 64

2010 - 66

2011 - 79 (so far)

Bo's SOS in four years

2008 - 38

2009 - 52

2010 - 39

2011 - 26 (so far)

I don't see much value in comparing Bielema to Pelini...they're both great coaches. That said you have to give Bielema credit for winning at a school that isn't a powerhouse historically.

I don't mind the record at all. I am only nervous about the way it happened, and maybe recruiting, we'll see if the staff can make up ground as usual.

More than anything, it's this doghouse stuff that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Again if Bo would just come out and say, "This guy broke the rules and is not up to our expectations right now, so he's sitting"...people would probably applaud that.

i take it that what we don't know.....chaps your ass? mine too......but with Bo, this will be the new standard, as a fan how do we handle that?

I picked 11 or 12 wins out of 14 games so we are only playing 13 so 10-2 would be ok but the way we lost 2 of them hurt.

We are not as good as I figured the defense is disappointing I went back and checked what we thought are record would be a lot of you picked 10-2 9-4 8-5.

Most of you know football better then I do, little concern next year 9-4 maybe high.