Will you be sated with 10-3……..??

Comish

I don't think Wisky gets enough credit for what Bielema has done there. 58-18? That's a pretty good record if you ask me.

Bielema has a 76% winning percentage in six years.

Pelini has a 72% winning percentage in four years.

Beilemsa's SOS over his tenure:

2006 - 82

2007 - 57

2008 - 52

2009 - 64

2010 - 66

2011 - 79 (so far)

Bo's SOS in four years

2008 - 38

2009 - 52

2010 - 39

2011 - 26 (so far)

Someone check my math on the percentages, because I rifled through this pretty quick. But a difference of about five percentage points compared to an SOS often grossly weighted against Nebraska/Pelini, I wouldn't exactly say Bielema is some kind of wizard compared to Pelini.

48-17, and 1-0 vs Bo, that's all the math you need to learn this year. Who said Pelini wasn't a good coach btw? If anything comparing him to Bo, you just proved that Bielema is a good coach, thanks for helping.

More than happy to oblige. You're welcome. :thumbs

I'd take 10-3. That's where I thought we'd end up. How we came about those 3 losses is an entirely different story though. I thought the days of our 30 point beat downs were past us though. didn't see that one (two) coming.

Yeah, pretty much this. I had us losing to Wisconsin and Michigan but not to get blown out in those games. The MSU win was a pleasant surprise. Losing to NW was a big shock though. If we can beat Iowa and then beat a good team in a bowl that will put a positive outlook to the season. We can't lose to Iowa or the meltdown will be on. If we play a tough bowl opponent and lose, I can live with it if we give them a game. If we get drubbed in a bowl or put on a stinker like we did last year in the Holiday Bowl, then we are looking at a nuclear epic meltdown. :o

When we stuff Iowa and win a modest (but still superior to a Big 12 also-ran) bowl game, we will finish at 10-3.

Before the season, most rational folks were expecting 2-4 losses given the new coaches/ new conference/ daunting schedule/ player losses, etc.

Yes, there is currently plenty of grumbling/bitching/whining around because of the timing and style of the losses. And, it is tough to get the stench of Saturday out of our mouth quickly.

However, 10-3 would fulfill that objective preseason expectancy.

This is by NO means suggestive that we should ever be SETTLING for this record................. but given our expectations going in………………..would a 10-3 final be cause for optimism during the eight month off-season approaching?

10-3 Sucks...when you lose games you should win.

Season is a GIGANTIC letdown.

The only loss I'm somewhat okay with is Wisconsin, solely because they were still riding high and it was at Camp Randall @ night.

Championship or bust, every year. C'mon. 4 loss seasons are NOT acceptable. Losses coupled with philosophical disparities between myself and the coaching staff have made this a tough year.

1) No championship game OR BCS bowl

2) No conference championship game.

3) Defense was pathetic. Didn't even get much better over the course of the year.

4) Loss #3

5) Loss #2

6) No playing time for Brion Carnes? Heard? Green? Abdullah? Turner? The list goes on. (Wouldn't be such a big deal, if you know, we didn't get smoked vs. Wiscy and Michigan and stick with starters).

7) Offense showed promise, but the O Line has been inconsistent, again.

8) Barney is still here.

Bo is a great coach. Not all of this can be put on him, although I have my difference in opinion as to what he should have done with the freshman that were not redshirted it is not all on him. At some point the players need to stop f#cking up, and start to make plays.

I can't even count how many missed/dropped int's we had this year. Or how many blown coverages. Or missed TFL. Completely astounding.

Next year will be better - position coaches will have another year, Beck will have another year, hopefully the freshman will have more trust, and maybe the O Line can get a consistently decent push up front. Tired of all that sweep left, sweep right bullsh!t on 3rd and 4th down.

Martinez will hopefully develop more in the passing game, or be replaced...

Flat out, we have the playmakers, now lets get them the ball and ATTACK.

The season really boils down to the Iowa game. As others have said, we win that, and go to a decent bowl and the season can be deemed adequate. Win the bowl and we can keep our chins up during the offseason.

Lose to Iowa and we are at a .500 conference record. Which is mediocrity. And despite the tough schedule, it is still mediocrity.

5-3 in conference puts us at above average. When looking back, if we can get 9-3 regular season, then we did what it needed to do, and hopefully learned something for next year. I can accept that.

What is really troubling though is the lack of development and improvement. The regression in execution is mind boggling. Is it injuries, talent, coaching? Who knows, but the roller coaster of flashes of brilliances following by jaw dropping inconsistency cannot be allowed to go on for much longer. What needs to be done about it? God only knows, but I sincerely hope TOBo have a plan.

I don't mind the season at all. There were a few disappointing games, but I think most people who saw the schedule were expecting NE to lose three games. Now, people were expecting a win over Northwestern and not MIchigan State, and I'm not sure if that change would help the season, but so far the only disappointing part of the season is how the games are played.

And even that's not really surprising. NE has a brand new set of teams they have to play every year, they just shook up about half their coaching staff, the offense (and to a lesser extent the defense) have been revamped, and there were WAY more injuries this year than people were expecting. There's also a ton of younger players on the field gaining experience.

I still give Bo 4 more years at least... he has a lot of adjustments to make yet, and a lot of growing... but he needs time to put all the pieces together. He only needs to really explain himself if he can't get those 9-10 win seasons anymore.

Season is a GIGANTIC letdown.

The only loss I'm somewhat okay with is Wisconsin, solely because they were still riding high and it was at Camp Randall @ night.

Championship or bust, every year. C'mon. 4 loss seasons are NOT acceptable. Losses coupled with philosophical disparities between myself and the coaching staff have made this a tough year.

1) No championship game OR BCS bowl

2) No conference championship game.

3) Defense was pathetic. Didn't even get much better over the course of the year.

4) Loss #3

5) Loss #2

6) No playing time for Brion Carnes? Heard? Green? Abdullah? Turner? The list goes on. (Wouldn't be such a big deal, if you know, we didn't get smoked vs. Wiscy and Michigan and stick with starters).

7) Offense showed promise, but the O Line has been inconsistent, again.

8) Barney is still here.

Bo is a great coach. Not all of this can be put on him, although I have my difference in opinion as to what he should have done with the freshman that were not redshirted it is not all on him. At some point the players need to stop f#cking up, and start to make plays.

I can't even count how many missed/dropped int's we had this year. Or how many blown coverages. Or missed TFL. Completely astounding.

Next year will be better - position coaches will have another year, Beck will have another year, hopefully the freshman will have more trust, and maybe the O Line can get a consistently decent push up front. Tired of all that sweep left, sweep right bullsh!t on 3rd and 4th down.

Martinez will hopefully develop more in the passing game, or be replaced...

Flat out, we have the playmakers, now lets get them the ball and ATTACK.

But we only have three losses.

Sort of. I expected us to go through a couple rough patches this season, but I can't help but think there's a deeper problem with this program and why guys just plain aren't showing up everyday to play. We have the talent to compete, but has that EVER been the reason we weren't elite? Seems to me we've lose the majority of our games because we can't beat ourselves.

Would i be okay with it? yea probably, but not satisfied...i came in knowing that it would be a challenge in the BIG but even looking at our schedule i only predicted one, maybe two loses, i figured wisconsin and then after that i THOUGH we could slide through the rest of the games, but figured we would have ONE slip up some where, so i am not too please especially with my high expectations and everyone else's, gosh i could almost taste that BCS bowl before the Northwestern game, we controled are own and f'd it up, i would have been okay with 11-2 or 12-2, not 9-4, not 8-5, 10-3 is okay i guess