Sellout Streak: Legitimate or not?

JTrain

Is the sellout streak legitimate?  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm kinda worried about it when the east stadium project is completed. Almost 100,000 seats?

I wouldn't worry about that. Ohio State has no issues selling tickets once the students get around. The reason we don't have a sellout streak is that there are 2-3 games before students show up to school. When you lose a 55,000 potential ticket base, it makes an effect.

I'm kinda worried about it when the east stadium project is completed. Almost 100,000 seats?

I wouldn't worry about that. Ohio State has no issues selling tickets once the students get around. The reason we don't have a sellout streak is that there are 2-3 games before students show up to school. When you lose a 55,000 potential ticket base, it makes an effect.

Yeah, I think its the same at Oregon, that would suck!

Was it just me, or did there seem to be a lot of Hawk fans at the game today?

It was not just you - there were a TON. And they were making a bit of noise for about the first quarter. After that.... not so much.

I was forced to sit next to a Hawk fan. She was very nice, quite cute, and we had a blast.

This is the one streak we have left that will never end. There are too many rich businesses and donors that will ensure that. I alone have used 6 different sets of tickets from my employer. It doesnt matter how many seats they add, it will not end. The "sellout" concept is too easily manipulated for the sake of continuity.

I remember people complaining that the seats at the top of the south stadium were empty a few seasons ago. I was in the south stadium for that game. It was cold and windy. The people at the top moved down and huddled with those of us a few rows lower.

There were a lot of Iowa fans in town, scattered around the stadium. Tailgated with some across from the stadium. Seemed nice. I wondered how they got such good parking though. Maybe the U reserves a parking lot for visitors. Now that I think about it, the lot on Vine always has visitors.

I'm still waiting to hear from a poster or two that was convinced the streak was over but never explained themselves.

I just wonder how far you can stretch this before it becomes meaningless. Let's say we are crappy in a couple years and there are 5000 seats we need to sell the day before a game. Is there anything stopping the University from lowering the price to $1 per ticket and selling them to a big donor or business sponsor?

I'm still waiting to hear from a poster or two that was convinced the streak was over but never explained themselves.

I just wonder how far you can stretch this before it becomes meaningless. Let's say we are crappy in a couple years and there are 5000 seats we need to sell the day before a game. Is there anything stopping the University from lowering the price to $1 per ticket and selling them to a big donor or business sponsor?

NOTHING being done by UNL to sell tickets is not done by every other major, and most minor, universities.

This whole debate is as ridiculous as the last "sellout streak" thread we had. Every ticket is sold. It doesn't matter who buys them.

NU season tickets are handed down generation to generation. Seacon tickets are not something that are easily obtained.

No. You cannot inherit tickets, and you cannot sell or transfer your season tickets...(not if the university finds out about it)

They are VERY easily obtained, if you donate enough money.