Which bowl game will we go to?

I don't think TCU moves up more than 1 spot. Georgia won't drop. OK won't drop far enough, neither will Va Tech. Baylor won and both MSU and Wisc are playing close. I just don't see it.... Clemson will jump over TCU so they need 3 teams to drop lower. Ain't gonna happen unless Va Tech comes back and MSU blows Wisky out of the water and Houston drops a TON.

Houston did drop a ton in the human polls but I think that the computers will have them higher with one loss. Clemson DID jump TCU in human polls but not Michigan. I think Michigan is also far ahead of TCU in the computers. This will be close. All TCU needs is a BCS ranking of 16 and they are in. I think it is extremely close but TCU will be 17 by a hair....

I think BCS prediction guy Palm had MIchigan all the way up to #12 and TCU in at #17.

thanks. I honestly don't have cable so good to know. Is he pretty accurate?

I followed it pretty close the last couple of weeks. He is usually within one or two spots of being accurate on the 5th to 15th ranked teams. Which is where Nebraska was ranked thats why I was following that close.

Here is a link to his projections. I think he will update again as more polls get released. http://www.cbssports...ll/rankings/bcs

Thanks. So they think KSU vs. Michigan, Not TCU vs. Michigan? Too bad we couldn't win in Ann Arbor....

I'm hoping for the Insight Bowl personally since my family is going to the game if it's there, but for the program it would be better to go to the Cap One Bowl.

I dread the Insight, just because I want a Jan 2 game.... We need to have those top tier bowls as our goal (if we don't make bcs)......but, IMO, this is NOT going to be a good "match up" for Nebraska....(whoever it may be)..... better for program $$$$$, but going to the Insight and kicking the crap out of Texas on National TV may go farther for the identity than getting mopped by SEC if that happens.

** Not being a debbie-downer, just how I feel

We

Every projection I've seen today (ESPN, SI, CBS, a couple more) has USC vs Nebraska in the Cap One.

I think that's probably the best scenario for us, a game we'd travel well to, and a game that the team would be very motivated to play.

Having said that though, I seem to remember sitting here about the same time last year thinking the same thing about an Insight Bowl bid. Watch TCU and VT get BCS bids ahead of Michigan and, and us drop down to the Insight to play Texas...glass is empty outlook.

:bang

I'm hoping for the Insight Bowl personally since my family is going to the game if it's there, but for the program it would be better to go to the Cap One Bowl.

I dread the Insight, just because I want a Jan 2 game.... We need to have those top tier bowls as our goal (if we don't make bcs)......but, IMO, this is NOT going to be a good "match up" for Nebraska....(whoever it may be)..... better for program $$$$$, but going to the Insight and kicking the crap out of Texas on National TV may go farther for the identity than getting mopped by SEC if that happens.

Yes, NU has a long reputation of kicking the crap out of Texas's good and bad teams. :confucius

Yes, NU has a long reputation of kicking the crap out of Texas's good and bad teams. :confucius

Point taken...... I am referring to this year's Texas' team. We have come very close to beating them when they had REALLY good teams and this year's Texas team is NOT that good. I was hoping this year would be different

Thanks. That's interesting. It's weird for us to hear Northwestern referred to as 'NU'. When we played them this year it was NW and Neb. I guess that made both people happy.

Same with us and USC/Carolina. Actually, this past Thursday, Clemson's head coach, Dabo Swinney, started a little bit of a ruckus when he went on a rant in his post-practice interview. The quick synopsis of the whole story:

USC's radio play-by-play guy said in a radio show "We (USC) aren't LSU and aren't Alabama, but we sure aren't Clemson."

A Clemson reporter asked Dabo what he thought about that quote...and he attributed it to Steve Spurrier.

Dabo went on a rant about how Spurrier and USC are classless and proceeded to trash the USC program and school (ironic isn't it?). He then quoted the USC-Clemson record (which HEAVILY favors Clemson...although Dabo is 1-3 in the rivalry) and finished off with "USC is in California and Carolina is in Chapel Hill."

Spurrier got word of it and made no comment. He said he respected Clemson.

Dabo got word of Spurrier's response and backtracked his statement but said that it's Spurrier's fault that he didn't tell him that he didn't say that.

Wow! I didn't know Dabo was that type of coach. He always seemed such a nice guy. Learn something new everyday.

I didn't either. I respected him a whole lot up until that point.

My favorite Spurrier quote ever...."Coach did you hear about the flood at ______(SEC School, Auburn I think)'s Library?" Spurrier: "Yea its a real shame, I hear half the books weren't even colored in yet"

I loved that one and "You can't spell 'Citrus' without 'UT'" as well as FSU=Free Shoes University.

Selection show is tomorrow at 8:15 ET (I believe) on ESPN

TVGuide.com says 9ET. BTW...interesting that you posted ET. Is that the norm?

post-10811-0-35227600-1323032965.jpg

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney says he agrees with South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier in that the University of South Carolina isn’t Clemson.

Several news agencies have reported that the South Carolina head coach was asked about the status of his program following the Gamecocks’ 34-13 win over Clemson, and he said, "We ain't LSU or Alabama but we ain't Clemson either."

Swinney was asked to comment following the Tigers’ Thursday practice for the ACC Championship, and it was easy to tell that Swinney took offense to Spurrier’s remarks.

“I heard that. That kind of thing gets back to you,” Swinney said. “I don’t know if he said it or not, but I guess he did because there hasn’t been a rebuttal. If he said that, I am disappointed because I was taught to win or lose with class. That is kind of a childish thing to put out there, to be honest with you. I think our program here speaks for itself.

I guess I would have to say I agree with him. He is right. They are not Clemson and they aren’t ever going to be Clemson, to be honest with you.”

Swinney wasn’t done.

“No three-game winning streak is going to change that,” he said. “It’s not the first they have won three in a row and it will not be the last time. It might be 50 more years but it will probably happen again. But I have gone out of my way to be complimentary to them and complimentary to coach Spurrier. I got a lot of respect for coach Spurrier, but I am going to defend my program . I’m going to defend my players and my coaches. I am going to defend Clemson University because I believe in it. I think he is exactly right - they are not Clemson and never will be. You are looking at the best era in the history of South Carolina football right now. They just had their second 10-win season. They won a championship in 1969 and the 2010 SEC East. And this rivalry – there is a lot of rivalries out there but this is more of a domination and that’s a fact. My kids’ grandkids won’t live long enough to see this really become a rivalry.”

He went on to say that Clemson has a different standard than South Carolina.

“I have respect for their program, but South Carolina is not Clemson,” he said. “There are a lot of differences. This is a place that has won a national title, 17 conference championships and two division titles. Heck, we have won more bowl games than they have even been to. I think our program has 100 plus more wins than South Carolina. That is reality. This is the best era in 115 years of South Carolina football is right now and they have done a great job.

“Coach Spurrier has been there for seven years, but after five years I think he had 35 wins and got a new contract and all that kind of stuff. After five years at Clemson, if I have only got 35 wins there is going to be a new coach here and you know what there should be because there is a different standard. He is exactly right – they ain’t Alabama, they ain’t LSU and they certainly are not Clemson. That is why Carolina is in Chapel Hill, USC is in California and the university in this state always has been and always will be Clemson. It’s right here in Clemson, SC. You can print that. Tweet that.”

If it is indeed USC-Nebraska in the Capital One Bowl, it should be a great game. Nebraska is well respected in SC because of their tradition and the chance to play them would greatly benefit an up-and-coming USC team. Not to mention that it would be a great matchup.

IF we play SoCar, will every thread be taken over by Tiger/GameCOCKS bickering like when we played Clemson?

by the way things are going so far, yes.