Rumblings of Player Transfer

Landlord

Couldn't really blame Carnes. It's pretty clear that Martinez is going to be the QB until/unless he gets hurt or graduates. People can speculate all they want to about this situation but the writing is on the wall for BC.

this. TMart even plays hurt, no chance for Carnes, unless TMart breaks a leg...seriously, he won't be developed next season either......oh well.

IF Carnes transfers, I'm going to be pissed. Granted, I have no idea if he's better than Martinez. But I have a feeling that he is. The fact that we only have two QBs on scholarship, and one of them transfers speaks poorly of the program. If a second string QB, who is the only other QB on scholarship, decides to transfer, then you KNOW he's not getting a fair shot at the starting job. If he was, he would stick it out and hope to win the job. If he transfers, I will take it as proof that Bo has some serious coaching deficiencies.

Carnes

Corey Cooper

Braylon Heard

From a source inside the program.

If true, not good at all. Depth and quality recruits. Just another negative other schools can throw out on the recruiting trail. The one that would surprise me the most was Heard. Work hard to get the grades, missed a year and thn the infection (how this isn't code or doghouse!). Seems he would be the one that worked the hardest to gt here and could really see why he is behind.

Cooper is still probably pi$$ed from moving to CB, burning a shirt for some experiment that didn't work, never to see he field again.

Carnes

Corey Cooper

Braylon Heard

From a source inside the program.

If true, not good at all. Depth and quality recruits. Just another negative other schools can throw out on the recruiting trail. The one that would surprise me the most was Heard. Work hard to get the grades, missed a year and thn the infection (how this isn't code or doghouse!). Seems he would be the one that worked the hardest to gt here and could really see why he is behind.

Cooper is still probably pi$$ed from moving to CB, burning a shirt for some experiment that didn't work, never to see he field again.

he redshirted last year, no burning was done to cc. he also moved back to safety.

My guess is that Cody felt the staff plays favorite with Taylor and knows Brion isn't getting any opportunity. I don't think Cody was cool with Taylor and I think he tweeted about Taylor's inefficiencies at one point as well. Seems to be some friction there

As inconsistent as Taylor is, compared to Cody Green he's Dan Marino.

Green couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

I disagree, you can blame Carnes if it happens. This is an instant gratification society we live in. No longer is anyone willing to work harder to earn a job or get better. They all expect it to be given to them. You see it at all levels, kids transfer schools in high school because the grass is greener somewhere else. Happens all the time. Sorry but these are future leaders of our world and if they don't get what they want right away they either quit or they go somewhere else rather than sucking it up and doing what it takes to get better. No loyalty what-so-ever, it's all about "me".

Yikes. "Things are different than they used to be! Young people use curse words!"

If Brion Carnes has a better opportunity elsewhere he should jump on it. I'm not sure how you would want to argue otherwise.

Don't give me that crap. I'm not that old, and in fact am still a coach, no, not at peewee level. I see it on a daily basis. A lot of young kids don't have the work ethic anymore, and even though they may play football or other sports, if things don't go their way quick, they quit or transfer to another school. Not much loyalty or willingness to earn that spot instead of have it handed to you. If you don't see it, you don't work with it on a daily basis like I do or you're blind.

Every. Single. Generation. complains about "kids these days"

Anyway, I'm hoping Carnes isn't looking to transfer, but I can understand if he's a little peeved that he didn't even get any garbage time reps.

I've never understood the big deal about garbage time. But if that's what does it for him.....

Couldn't really blame Carnes. It's pretty clear that Martinez is going to be the QB until/unless he gets hurt or graduates. People can speculate all they want to about this situation but the writing is on the wall for BC.

this. TMart even plays hurt, no chance for Carnes, unless TMart breaks a leg...seriously, he won't be developed next season either......oh well.

Well, "unless" he starts reading defenses better, has better practices than Tmart, etc.......sorry, no free ride.

Any proof of Cody's comments? As for A Green, not a chance. His brother is here and he has witnessed first hand what hard work does ie his brother. His faith and relationship with Brown should also help.

Can't say I would blame Carnes. Look at Bo's history. A broken Martinez plays over a healthy Lee and Cody, no playing time this year. Martinez only a soph with 2 more years to play. Hopefully the staff and team can talk to him and see where his head really is. If it is to transfer, best of luck. Sadly, our history of transfers has not gone well ie Beck, Daily, Witt, Green (so far) etc..... Some times when you do not get your "shot" it might be because you really are not that good. Some times reality kicks you in the balls.

Lee wasn't healthy "at all" when Tmart was busted up last year. You could make that claim with Green but not Lee.

Sounds like Carnes has one foot out the door, and that may have been a factor in him not playing Friday against Iowa (big loss if he leaves).

Also been hearing Braylon Heard may be considering a transfer as well.

If that's true, that's too bad about Carnes. I'm surprised about Heard as wasn't he the young man who NU worked with as far as academics to get him in here? That's too bad though. The saddest thing about these transfers if they are true (imho) is if Carnes and Heard aren't grasping the playbook here, what makes them think it will be any easier any where else? If they transfer they will also have to sit out a year-right? If that's so, then why not stay here and work to get better?

I teach and coach as well and while I agree with you that it comes from parents I also hold the kids accountable too. Why? Because if you're like me, you try to teach these kids what their parents haven't

God, that's uncomfortable to read as a dad. I will do my best not to have my kid need that conversation from you. Personal pledge.

I think just the fact that you as a dad are worried about something like that will probably preclude it from happening, You'll be involved in your childs day to day decision making, trying to help them make the right choices. Much like many, many others. I think when we start talking about "kids these days", everyone tends to speak about the ones with the issues. Seems like the kids who do have the parental support and are making good choices just usually don't get mentioned. And I think those kids are still the majority (although mabe a smaller majority now then before). There are still a whole lot of really good kids out there whose parents are doing everything they can to help them along the path, we really just don't hear about them all that much. I would be interested, HANC, Eagle, and TacherCD, do you guys teach in Nebraska? And if so, do you agree that while there are plenty of kids out there with issues and problems, you still do have more that are doing things the correct way.

As to Carnes (and knowing nothing about him personally), if you are a quality D1 athlete you want to be on the field or court. He's not here just because he grew up loving Husker football like so many of our local kids who walkon, many who are somewhat content to be on the team. He's here to play, and it probably appears to him that the opportunity to actually play is getting less every day. From the sidelines it certainly appears that way. He's been here for two years (I know RS'ed one) so I think the instant gratification theory is not as valid. If he feels he'll get a better oportunity elsewhere, I wouldn't blame him for moving on, but I sure would like to see what he do running our offense.

I teach and coach as well and while I agree with you that it comes from parents I also hold the kids accountable too. Why? Because if you're like me, you try to teach these kids what their parents haven't

God, that's uncomfortable to read as a dad. I will do my best not to have my kid need that conversation from you. Personal pledge.

I think just the fact that you as a dad are worried about something like that will probably preclude it from happening, You'll be involved in your childs day to day decision making, trying to help them make the right choices. Much like many, many others. I think when we start talking about "kids these days", everyone tends to speak about the ones with the issues. Seems like the kids who do have the parental support and are making good choices just usually don't get mentioned. And I think those kids are still the majority (although mabe a smaller majority now then before). There are still a whole lot of really good kids out there whose parents are doing everything they can to help them along the path, we really just don't hear about them all that much. I would be interested, HANC, Eagle, and TacherCD, do you guys teach in Nebraska? And if so, do you agree that while there are plenty of kids out there with issues and problems, you still do have more that are doing things the correct way.

As to Carnes (and knowing nothing about him personally), if you are a quality D1 athlete you want to be on the field or court. He's not here just because he grew up loving Husker football like so many of our local kids who walkon, many who are somewhat content to be on the team. He's here to play, and it probably appears to him that the opportunity to actually play is getting less every day. From the sidelines it certainly appears that way. He's been here for two years (I know RS'ed one) so I think the instant gratification theory is not as valid. If he feels he'll get a better oportunity elsewhere, I wouldn't blame him for moving on, but I sure would like to see what he do running our offense.

Oh, I thought this was his true freshman year? Interesting. (My husband and I are in education as well him being at the high school level while I'm at the elementary level. Here in Nebraska for the most part kids with parents who care don't have major issues.)

Sounds like Carnes has one foot out the door, and that may have been a factor in him not playing Friday against Iowa (big loss if he leaves).

Also been hearing Braylon Heard may be considering a transfer as well.

If that's true, that's too bad about Carnes. I'm surprised about Heard as wasn't he the young man who NU worked with as far as academics to get him in here? That's too bad though. The saddest thing about these transfers if they are true (imho) is if Carnes and Heard aren't grasping the playbook here, what makes them think it will be any easier any where else? If they transfer they will also have to sit out a year-right? If that's so, then why not stay here and work to get better?

Yeah it's always difficult because there's always multiple factors going into transfering whether it be playing time, home sickness, not getting the playbook, and more things that seem to enter the mind of 19 year old kid. If the names that have been mentioned do leave I will wish them best of luck, but I absolutely hope they all stay and develop into great football players, don't like to see great talent leave your program.